New Viper 6-pack pics

JayC

Guest McBragg

and the viper corps is whites only, I guess there were enough fans who didn't like diversity in cobra or hasbro just didn't want to bother.

GREAT SET THOUGH

I just hope I can fix their necks from looking at the ground all the time.

I got a five dollar off a 25 dollar purchase at TRU in the mail the other day. At first I think GREAT, 5 bucks off my first viper pack soon. Then my heart sank and I suddenly realized I will probably never get a viper pack. You see my local toys R us has had about 30 or more Night Watch sets clogging its shelf now for several months....... ANd so no viper lockdown, and No viper pit. Just 30 night watch sets sitting there for the next year or so.

Phanstar

I got a five dollar off a 25 dollar purchase at TRU in the mail the other day. At first I think GREAT, 5 bucks off my first viper pack soon. Then my heart sank and I suddenly realized I will probably never get a viper pack. You see my local toys R us has had about 30 or more Night Watch sets clogging its shelf now for several months....... ANd so no viper lockdown, and No viper pit. Just 30 night watch sets sitting there for the next year or so.

Phanstar

Tell em to send them down to Jacksonville. We never got them in TRU. All mine I got online.

GREAT SET THOUGH

I just hope I can fix their necks from looking at the ground all the time.

I know, I hate that about these. Why does that happen?

Its the same torso and same head as the originals, but the '86 Viper's heads don't sloop down like that. They always stare at the ground. And these have the same problem as you can tell from the pictures, their necks are forced down.

So whats the fix? Sanding it down?

anyone got a pic?

Phanstar

I think the fans would have been happier with recast boots than upper legs.

Oh well, I like them a lot and will buy some. There are little things that they could have done to make them blend with the original vipers even if they were not going to recast the boots and waist.

They should be a darker blue

Their books should be all black

Their gloves should be all red (I guess better black than unpainted)

I really hope they painted the stripe on the side of the legs.

Viper pack up for preorder through BBTS.

Thanks for that... I preordered a few. Alyosha, are you serious about recasting the legs and waist? Because I'm totally in for that (in fact I might not have ordered these if you hadn't brought it up...).

Damn... I'm gonna get killed on shipping and customs though! BBTS is expensive for Canadians, and I didn't even get that much...

No problem. Sorry about the shipping but i like BBTS because you can cancel an order if you want to.

Hey man, not your fault... I'm glad that I know I'll get them at least.

Although I'd be up for maybe two more if JR's still hooking Canucks up! ;)

Phanstarr: Draven is partially right; the extra plastic on the head is part of what gives the vipers their current down cast gaze, but theres's another bit of plastic added to the socket in which the head pin rests. It's located on the rear torso section and is small an is easily recognizeable becuass the head socket would be smooth if the extra tab wasn't there. I remedied the problem by using a knife to cut/chip the tab off. It's not perfect, but it improves the Vipers' "posture" a little.

My only complaint is the silly grey stripe on the boots, totally unescessary and distracting. It will in no way stop me from buying these.

Yea, exactly no need for the grey. ill be getting as many packs as i can afford. Probably about 6

I think the fans would have been happier with recast boots than upper legs.

Oh well, I like them a lot and will buy some. There are little things that they could have done to make them blend with the original vipers even if they were not going to recast the boots and waist.

They should be a darker blue

Their books should be all black

Their gloves should be all red (I guess better black than unpainted)

I really hope they painted the stripe on the side of the legs.

Exactly! I am not going to just gush over these subpar efforts like most.

Draven