New Viper 6-pack pics

JayC

I like them. And Im not usually one to b$## and complain....

BUT they fudged up the lower legs again. The upper part of that section should be blue not black, its not part of the boot.

Overall, I am really anticipating this set.

I could easily buy 6 packs if I find them.

I would be happy with 3 packs though.

Im probably going to paint that goldish leader fase mask silver.

I don't really see a use for a Viper leader... theres plenty of Cobra Hierarchy to lead already.

Decent weapons... and RED Stands....

Those are as bad as I anticipated. Bad weapons, bad colors, overused mold, lazy concept and just a poor effort overall. It's really too bad that the collecting community doesn't reward ingenuity on Hasbro's part. Otherwise we'd get decent, well thought out sets instead of this cliched nonsense.

Those are as bad as I anticipated. Bad weapons, bad colors, overused mold, lazy concept and just a poor effort overall. It's really too bad that the collecting community doesn't reward ingenuity on Hasbro's part. Otherwise we'd get decent, well thought out sets instead of this cliched nonsense.

Bad colours? Lazy concept? Jeez... this is exactly what the Joe fans wanted. If you don't like it, fine, but you're being a little melodramatic if you ask me.

I don't like the lower legs but I'll still be getting a bunch of these.

Did you notice the red figure stands? Not sure how I feel about that yet...

I was a little bummed to see only two "SAW" like weapons included. I guess Marauder John is going to get another order from me to arm the troops. Should it be the NCM Rifle, HKG36C or AK74 Assalt Rifle w/ Grenande Launcher?

I got lucky and have some cash saved up. I could

easily afford 50 of these sets but I'll stick with 5-10 (for starters :D )

I gotta remember the SB set aswell

and the new comic packs when they get to my TRU

I got me a field day a comin

Got six sets on order from Brian. I need to go over to John's and order thse NVR Rifles. I love this set and I just don't understand why people are bi^$hing about this.

You have to be joking. True, the set is a no brainer. Its a troop building set. Lots of people would love to stock up on V1-colored Vipers, myself included. The colors are authentic to the V1. The weapons are quite acceptable and there is always Marauder or the parts box. Troop sets need no concept. Hasbro delivered. I'd be more annoyed if DTC ended *without* this set. As for rewarding ingenuity, a lot of people are excited for the Plague/Brigade, again myself included. That set shows some real effort.

I have to say, after reading so many of your informative and well-written Forgotten Figure profiles, it pains me to see you post like any impossible-to-satisfy Joe fan.

I was onboard to buy these Vipers en masse and still am.

However, I do have to kindly disagree with TC since the color scheme is not exactly authentic to the 86 V1s (unless I am seeing something these new Vipers are using a decidely lighter blue than the 86 V1). Again just my opinion, I may be going color blind.

On the weapons, TC is absolutely right. I like the new ones but have a serious jones for the original ones. I look at it as an opportunity to try out casting and molding since I have yet to do that. The same goes for the boots which appear to belong to BATS.

All in all, I plan to buy a bunch of these and those SB\Plague combo sets are seriously starting to grow on me too.

Since seeing these in person at the Con, I've been kind of non-plussed about the set in general. I'll buy one to add to my collection, but I see no need to buy multiples of something I already have several of in different colors. I never have understood the troopbuilder mentality anyway...

I guess I will see about casting the correct boots and maybe the waist though, if you guy are interested. What do you think?

Since seeing these in person at the Con, I've been kind of non-plussed about the set in general. I'll buy one to add to my collection, but I see no need to buy multiples of something I already have several of in different colors. I never have understood the troopbuilder mentality anyway...

I guess I will see about casting the correct boots and maybe the waist though, if you guy are interested. What do you think?

Wow, that'd be great... I'd be in 100%!

BTW, how did the convention stuff you did go anyway? I've been posted away all summer so I've lost touch with everyone...

I was onboard to buy these Vipers en masse and still am.

However, I do have to kindly disagree with TC since the color scheme is not exactly authentic to the 86 V1s (unless I am seeing something these new Vipers are using a decidely lighter blue than the 86 V1). Again just my opinion, I may be going color blind.

On the weapons, TC is absolutely right. I like the new ones but have a serious jones for the original ones. I look at it as an opportunity to try out casting and molding since I have yet to do that. The same goes for the boots which appear to belong to BATS.

All in all, I plan to buy a bunch of these and those SB\Plague combo sets are seriously starting to grow on me too.

Hmm not sure, it may be your monitor, they look reasonably close to me. Granted, the original weapons are better, but at least these dont have those ghastly Rock Viper rifles or sound attack like the NW did.

My only complaint is the silly grey stripe on the boots, totally unescessary and distracting. It will in no way stop me from buying these.

Whoever said the lower legs are suposed to be blue pants is wrong. The boots on the original Viper went up to the knees, this is just Hasbro's attempt to keep that look - but they messed it up with those silly grey stripes.

I would have preferred the original Viper rifle in light grey but I can live with the weapons offered, they at least tried by making them the same color at least. And the backpack is close enough as well.

TC,

I think it is a different shade of blue. I have a Mint 86 V1 here and am comparing the colors from it, this post and the Yo Joe Archive shots. The 86 Vipers have a darker shade of blue (which really does not matter in the end) since the new Viper set blue could be the Big H's retro attempt to more original Cobra blue.

These things look awesome and I (for one) am looking forward to them.

My only complaint is the silly grey stripe on the boots, totally unescessary and distracting. It will in no way stop me from buying these.

Whoever said the lower legs are suposed to be blue pants is wrong. The boots on the original Viper went up to the knees, this is just Hasbro's attempt to keep that look - but they messed it up with those silly grey stripes.

I would have preferred the original Viper rifle in light grey but I can live with the weapons offered, they at least tried by making them the same color at least. And the backpack is close enough as well.

Sure keep telling yourself that! The molded on cloth of the lower leg should be black! @rolleye@

Draven