Recent Customs

slewis

I've been working on these for the past couple of weeks, figured I'd share 'em. They're nothing that hasn't been done before, but I had never done any of these characters (except for a rather poor Lowlight) and wanted to give them a shot.

First up is Lowlight.

lowlight2.jpg

This one was simple, just a new head, courtesy of Aly, hand swap, and some sculpted padding. Ta-da.

Next, Snake Eyes.

se1.jpg

I wanted a 'classic look', so I painted everything black except for the visor, knife, kneepads, and 2 grenades on the back of the belt.

Third, Copperhead.

copperhead1.jpg

I'm probably the only guy who hasn't already done this, but I had the parts and it only took about 2 hours to do, so I put him all together.

Lastly, the most recent bane of my existence, Night Viper.

nv1.jpg

nv2.jpg

I've been working on this guy all week. The arms are still a little messed up in the elbows and I'm not sure if I want to paint his hands or not, but for the time being, he's finished.

I've got a couple of other projects in the works (a little more original), so stay tuned.

THose are really nice touches on SnakeEyes and LowLight.

Such a small thing makes a huge difference.

That Night Viper looks really cool and kickass.

Where is that head from

Nice customs man, I really like your Low Light!

Fantastic work all the way around. Those are some really simple yet effective fixes to some of my favorite characters.

Oh, and you're not the last person to try that Copperhead as you now inspired me to try my hand at one! Great work!

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the great feedback.

The head on my Night Viper is a VvV Tunnel Rat with a Goodtogo customs helmet. The helmet was out of stock for a long time and I was finally able to pick one up a couple weeks back, along with some other great stuff.

zweiman - I agree with the hands, I only hesitate to paint them 'cause I tend to get awful paint ribs if I do.

Aly - Between the stuff I got from you and the rest of orders from the goodtogo main store, I'll be painting from now 'till my wedding (Sep '07). You guys are just what we need to keep this hobby going and get new people interested.