Ryan Phillippe to be in 'The Dark Knight?'

biglebowski9999

I dunno... I dunno if he can pull it off...

I think he could.

My worry is that with Ledger playing Joker, Seymour playing penguin, and Ryan playing Harvey Dent that makes it 3 villains which is a little too much for one film.

DON'T GET ME WRONG I AM NOT COMPLAINING... ALL I AM SAYING IS I HOPE THIS MOVIE IS AS COOL AS THE FIRST ONE: BEGINS!

Yeah I don't think they should stuff it all in one movie either... .. .

Hm, not too familiar with this guys work. I wouldn't worry bout too many villains though. According to a rumor awhile back, Two-Face wouldn't actually appear until the 3rd movie, and he'd just be Harvey in the 2nd, with him, Batman and Gordon trying to take down the Joker.

Two-Face wouldn't actually appear until the 3rd movie, and he'd just be Harvey in the 2nd, with him, Batman and Gordon trying to take down the Joker.

Thats what I would assume as well. Dent was a good guy until his accident so I wouldn't expect to see Two-Face in the next movie at all. We all remember "Mr. Colt 45/Lando" as Harvey in the first Tim Burton Batfilm. Too bad they weren't able to expand on that franchise with the same actors or under Tim Burton. Not that Burton's first two were great, but the flicks they crapped out after those and stuffed down our throats were simply god aweful and frankly I'd rather not revisit just how bad they were.

Hmmm....so Phillippe as Dent, eh? I could live with that I suppose.

too many villains, if that´s true. And I don´t know if they could work. The movie length would´n allow for three main villains to be developed. It would be rushed to present their origins and their plans. I wish it could be just one. Two, tops.

too many villains, if that´s true. And I don´t know if they could work. The movie length would´n allow for three main villains to be developed. It would be rushed to present their origins and their plans. I wish it could be just one. Two, tops.

Well Hoffman is still in "talks" so that may mean they are still floating the idea of the Peguin around and Phillipe is listed at Harvey Dent first and then Two Face which may be a good hint as to the character development. It may mess with continuity but it would be cool for Dent and Batman to drag in the Joker and during the trial the Joker f's up Dent turning him into Two Face towards the end of the movie. Two Face/Dent goes missing.. Batman ends 2 searching for his friend. The Peguin could just be a side character.. an arms dealer for the Joker maybe.

I hope that's the case that Two-Face won't appear until the end of the movie.

Harvey Dent's character needs to be developed first for the mainstream movie-going public to care about the transformation into Two-Face, not just glanced over like that other movie.

I was ok with Ledger as the Joker, he's shown a lot of versatility in his career. But Phillipe as Dent? I don't know about this one. I just don't see it.

As far as too many villains, I wouldn't worry. Like others have said, I think Joker will be prominent in two - Dent will be around, but not Two-Face until 3 - and the Penguin, he'll be around, but not as major a character. At least, this is what I've heard in various rumors...

Matt

"I also agree...too many villians is one (of many) things that ruined the previous Batman movies..."

begins also had 3 villains (4 if you count joe chill)...i don't think it'll be a big deal...skott

EDIT - correction...begins had 4 (or 5) villains...i forgot zsasz

The number of villians is just fine, especially if they are all

intergrated in the movie as well as Ra's Al Ghul, Scarecrow and Falcone

were in Begins, besides Two-Face isn't set to appear until the third film

so it would actually be 2 main villians, not to mention Penguin isn't set to

be the (main ) villian, only Joker.

My worry is that with Ledger playing Joker, Seymour playing penguin, and Ryan playing Harvey Dent that makes it 3 villains which is a little too much for one film.

Yeah, I have faith in Nolan as a director, but I have no desire to see another "Batman and Robin"...there were three villains in that one too, including bad casting choices with Ahhnold and the former pro-wrestler who played Bane. Honestly, I didn't care for Uma playing Poison Ivy either.

Ryan Phillippe is an interesting choice, yet I think I have more faith in him than I do Ledger. Ledger just doesn't have the "look" of the Joker to me, but I think he's a decent actor. It's tough to tell right now, but this is the first news I've heard saying Phillip Seymour Hoffman might be a possibility as Penguin, I don't object to that, I'm a fan.

the more i think about it the more i like the idea of phillippe as dent...dent is supposed to be a prettyboy...his vanity over his looks is a huge part of what leads to his psychotic break when he's scarred...as for dents more violent and manipulative side..think of cruel intentions...this could definitely work...skott

ps - though i'd probably still prefer liev schrieber as dent....then again...i still want crispin glover as the joker...hell i still want alan rickman as scarecrow and jason statham as batman

What about Harley Quinn any rumors on her? Believe it or not I think Ryans' wife Reese could pull her off quite nicely.As far as Ledger goes the jurys still out on that one,I remeber everyone was anti keaton when he was cast as Batman and to date he is still my favorite Batman(Bale is second/Clooney and Kilmer can lick my sack lol)so I'm holding judgement until I see some photos.I had read somewhere that Robin Williams really wanted the role of the Joker but he was to old? What I'm really wanting is a World's Finest movie so hopefully we'll see it here before the world ends or I die lol.

What about Harley Quinn any rumors on her? Believe it or not I think Ryans' wife Reese could pull her off quite nicely.As far as Ledger goes the jurys still out on that one,I remeber everyone was anti keaton when he was cast as Batman and to date he is still my favorite Batman(Bale is second/Clooney and Kilmer can lick my sack lol)so I'm holding judgement until I see some photos.

I don't know, I may be the only one here who would like to see Brittany Murphy in the role of Harley Quinn. She has a knack for playing these crazy and ditsy girls in the various movies she's done, so she's my top pick.

I never had anything against Keaton as Batman either, but after I saw Bale in the role, I thought he was by far the best Bruce Wayne/Batman. Keaton gets second place though, he was decent in the role and he was in the 2 only good Batman movies. I still think Tim Burton's interpretation of Batman was off, but his movies were a breath of fresh air before Schumacher came in @grumpy@ Yet, while I am a Val Kilmer fan, I just didn't see him fit well into the role. Wasn't he blonde in Batman Forever too? :huh: