Marvel & Transformers Customs

RickCoronel

Oh, and the custom has to be Marvel or DC in 6"-7", or 3 3/4".

I'll probably update the rules & stuff later.

Only rule that won't change is that I'm the judge. It's a fun job to do. @grumpy@ :D

Oh, and the custom has to be Marvel or DC in 6"-7", or 3 3/4".

I'll probably update the rules & stuff later.

That's fine. I was just merely stating that I am currently doing a 1/6 figure as a way to become familar in sculpting and have no plans to do a 12 inch marvel or dc figure for the contest; doing a 12 inch figure would take too much time for a contest because I have to find specific 1/6 outfits for it to work

No I understood, I was just saying. Who are you making at 12"?

No I understood, I was just saying. Who are you making at 12"?

My bad. I am making a custom of Gene Hunt, from the UK version of the cop drama, Life on Mars. The character is obscure here in the US, but have heard is really popular in the UK. I recently been obsessed with the series after watching the US version.

After this custom and probably some 1/6 heads for pratice, I will try to do a 6 inch head though because the head is smaller in that scale, I would imagine it being a lot harder and would go with the old "usin an existing toy head" method or do a monster head (which is easier) if I can't pull it off.

The custom can be anyone in Marvel or DC, but you'll need to send a reference or two along with pictures to me.

@purpbananna#

Sending some money and almost all the figures I have ready for Lantern customs. Should be great to own customs by DangerDrVenture. @yipee@ Not only that, but Lantern customs. :D

:o:huh:

Oookkaayyy. Moving on, package sent with parts for these customs.

I'll be sending more parts when they arrive.

Repaints (very minor sculpting):

Hal Jordan (Modern GL costume)

Dr. Impossible plus Jordan head.

Tomar Tu

GL plus Romat-Ru head/hands.

Kretch

Dr. Impossible plus Etrigan hands (Man-Bat head cast by ibentmyman-thing)

Vath Sarn

Dr. Impossible plus Superman head.

Sodam Yat

Shark plus superboy head.

Kyle Rayner

Dr. Impossible plus Batman Beyond unmasked head.

Feena Siki

Katma Tui plus ML Kitty Pryde head.

Indigo 1

DCD Indigo 1 (Repaint closer to comic or prototype.)

More than Repaints (Heavy sculpting):

Arkillo

Brimstone/Kilowog plus alternate monster open hands. Figure he could have switchable hands. Also could you slice the legs at the shins to give him alittle more movement since the original legs doesn't have thigh swivels.

Snap Trap

Dr. Impossible plus ML Blackheart lowerarms & lowerlegs. (Will need sculpted head.)

Stanch

Deadman plus ML Nightcrawler lowerlegs (plus optional ML Mojo arms) - whichever works better. (either sanded down the Mojo arms or lengthening the deadman arms.) (Will need sculpted head.)

Guy (Modern costume)

Batman Beyond (Aqua Man head cast by ibmt.)

Isamot Kol

Batman Beyond plus ML Nightcrawler lowerarms plus Parasite feet. (Will need sculpted head.)

Arisa

ML Maria Hill (plus optional ML Elektra hands) - whichever works better. (3 heads for options: ML Mystique, Supergirl, or head cast.)

I got an update of Shark from ApathyInk.

Shark:

SharkCustom1-12.jpg

SharkCustom1-13.jpg

SharkCustom1-14.jpg

SharkCustom1-15.jpg

SharkCustom1-16.jpg

SharkCustom1-17.jpg

Info:

-The base is finished.

-Shark has a lot more work left.

-He moved the back fin up more, added "webbed" look to hands.

-Added to shape of head, face is no where near done so excuse the goofy look so far.

-Also the water base is from some F4 I-girl bases.

Surprisingly, the hands are the same ones I sent for Arkillo. How crazy is that? @loll@

I just got my Horsemen order of RAMATHORR THE ELEPHANT & QUEEN ALLUXANDRA/ISADORRA.

They're pretty nice figures, I'm thinking if I can get a few more another time I'll buy a few to keep.

The elephant definitely has the first production problems with the parts falling off and loose joints, but not as bad as I thought they would be. I don't mind it at the $7.50 price.

Just need to get a couple more bases and parts and I'll ship my next package to DangerDrVenture in January, and one to ibentmyman-thing in February.

-Rick

Hey Guys

What's your opinion of using a Brimstone/Kilowog for Mongul Jr. in his Sinestro Corps look, which is pretty much the DCD look but without articulation.

I'm thinking of assembling another one for Mongul Jr. and having DangerDrVenture do it.

-Rick

I got my Storehorsemen order today and while I was OUTSTANDINGLY DISAPPOINTED to not receive my Mace figure - the whole reason I placed an order with them at all - the two female figures are pretty cool looking - though they have the same problem of parts falling off/breaking. I'm going to have to hit the secondary market for an elephant head now. If anyone has any good leads on that let me know!

Rick - personally I hold off making customs for characters that are going to be made by either Mattel or DCD but I know that doesn't fly for you as the customs you make/have made excel beyond most DCD and Mattel. So much of my decision-making rests on cost and availability, which don't seem to be problems for you, that it's hard to get into your mindset. The parts seem like a good choice for that character though maybe he's even slightly larger than that in comparison to normal figures?

I don't like the DCD Mongul, reason for getting one made in DCUC style.

With the other lanterns, I'm getting them at really good prices so that helps. I know that Mattel won't be doing any Lanterns otherside of the one that is rumored until 2011 so I don't want to wait. @loll@

And I stopped with my expensive commissions except Levit05 which I just slowed down, so it'll be more spaced out from him.

My mistake, for some strange reason I thought you meant Shark.

Yeah, the figure is slightly short for Mongul Jr. but I'll have him lengthen.

Just a few customs that came today that I added to the shelves:

Wrecking Crew & Titania are by Gipsy83:

RicksCollection-9-1.jpg

RicksCollection-9-3.jpg

Secret Warriors included in the collection now:

RicksCollection-22-1.jpg

Mongul Jr might work with the kilowog body, but I think that might be a tad too small. Hard to say for sure though, since i dont have a completed one in hand yet. I dunno if you saw over on fwoosh, but studmuffin is getting one made from MS hulk....I hate the sculpt, but the extra 1" or so of height is perfect.

Yeah, I saw that. I wouldn't bother with that sculpt, it can't be saved without articulation added and a complete re-haul done.

I'm wondering if the Brimstone/Kilowog would work with extra height added at the arms, legs and possibly torso. I asked DangerDrVenture if he thinks he could do that.

If you can make it work with added height, then i'll definitely havta steal the recipe :)

I have a feeling i'm gonna end up with a buncha kilowog based customs in the future, I'd like to do a head/hand swap with the DCD arkillo when it comes out, and I've got one marvel character started with the couple extra pieces i have now (ultimate Juggernaut). You will of course have more though, haha.

Yeah, I'm thinking of lengthening him myself instead but would have to find something strong enough to hold the plastic to the the figure. That and something to saw him away clean enough so that it's even.

Something like what Levit05 did for my Fraktur, using a cap to make her taller.

AddingcapstolengthenFigure.png

Yup, I can think of a few using the Kilowog base. That idea for Juggernaut sounds good.

I can get most of the parts on ebay or thru trading but gonna cost me some serious money.

I did but damn, that Pitt is a huge huge figure and I kind of want him alittle bigger than the Arkillo & Kilowog but not too crazy big.

I think there were a couple of movie hulk figures that were in the 8 to 10 inch range. I'm not sure how much articulation they had, but the size would be right.