Marvel & Transformers Customs

RickCoronel

I got a "Exiles" Thunderbird update from CaptainRon.

ExilesCustoms4-Thunderbird-49.jpg

ExilesCustoms4-Thunderbird-50.jpg

ExilesCustoms4-Thunderbird-51.jpg

ExilesCustoms4-Thunderbird-52.jpg

ExilesCustoms4-Thunderbird-53.jpg

ExilesCustoms4-Thunderbird-54.jpg

ExilesCustoms4-Thunderbird-55.jpg

ExilesCustoms4-Thunderbird-56.jpg

ExilesCustoms4-Thunderbird-57.jpg

ExilesCustoms4-Thunderbird-58.jpg

ExilesCustoms4-Thunderbird-59.jpg

ExilesCustoms4-Thunderbird-60.jpg

Info:

-I'll have another update soon.

I got a small update from raydaimon on Daisy "Quake" Johnson, and Yo-Yo "Slingshot" Rodriquez.

Daisy:

DaisyJohnsonQuakeCustom1-3.jpg

DaisyJohnsonQuakeCustom1-4.jpg

Yo-Yo:

Yo-YoRodriguezSlingshotCustom1-1.jpg

Yo-YoRodriguezSlingshotCustom1-2.jpg

Yo-YoRodriguezSlingshotCustom1-3.jpg

Yo-YoRodriguezSlingshotCustom1-4.jpg

Reference before her arms were ripped off:

Yo-YoRodriguezSlingshotBanner-6.jpg

Yo-YoRodriguezSlingshotBanner-7.jpg

Info:

-Yo-Yo has her new arms since having them ripped off by The Gorgon.

-He managed to carve in the details on the existing arm and provide some extra kung-fu gripper Elektra hands to Yo Yo.

-He'll be matching the other arm this weekend, but it took awhile to get the first one on model with the details and get a good smoothing process down. Worked out pretty well though, and on the plus side it's all plastic so there's no chance Yoyo's arm sculpt will chip off.

-In the last picture you can see that he mixed a slightly brighter blue that's on the upper torso, but not the lower torso yet.

-He drybrushed a little purple in there on Quake but the sunlight kinda evened it out since it's pretty subtle.

-He's almost done with the girls.

-He'll get their heads all sorted out next week, but he's probably going to go with a more ethnic looking head on Yo-Yo than the heads I provided.

The She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Invisible Woman are not mine, they're his.

I really like the Exiles version since the 616 one didn't get a chance to last. :(

Levit05 is doing the alternate head for Starlord as well as finishing Warpath "X-Force", and the mini-Groot in a pot plant.

"Secret Invasion/War Of Kings" Gorgon finished pics this weekend.

Here's those finished pics of "Secret Invasion/War Of Kings" Gorgon,

ModernGorgonCustom1-2.jpg

ModernGorgonCustom1-3.jpg

ModernGorgonCustom1-4.jpg

ModernGorgonCustom1-5.jpg

Info:

-His camera warps macro shots so he couldn't get a good closeup of the hair, which turned out really well.

-His hair has flex and a rubbery feel to it because he made it out of B-Yellow, a compound mixture between the B-part of Apoxie and the Yellow part of Kneadatite.

-So I can grab his head with confidence that the hair strands won't break off.

-The long spines on his shoulders are also soft and flexible, so I can grab it and pose his arms with confidence that they won't break or fall off either.

-His groin spikes are ends of toothpicks.

-He's got all your basic DCUC joints up top, plus the articulated hands and wrist of the XML Beast. Lower body has ML style articulation, with a calf twist in addition to the joints at knees and ankles.

-He's tested all the joints and they work well so have no worries in posing him.

-The only ones that are a bit difficult are the shoulder joints being a bit stiff when you try to move his arms forward or backward.

-They won't break, they're just a bit stiff as if there's a strong detent there. If I hit that detent while you move his arms forward or backwards, switch my grip to the upper biceps or the shoulders to continue past that detent so there would be less strain on the peg that goes into the arm.

I had to take some pictures of Gorgon with some of my favorite Cosmic customs:

ModernGorgonCustom1-6.jpg

ModernGorgonCustom1-6-1.jpg

ModernGorgonCustom1-6-2.jpg

ModernGorgonCustom1-7.jpg

ModernGorgonCustom1-8.jpg

ModernGorgonCustom1-9.jpg

ModernGorgonCustom1-10.jpg

• Like 1

Another update today, this time my Kree customs by Ibentmyman-thing.

ModernKreeSoldiersCustom1-2.jpg

Info:

He's going to check for major paint rub and any paint touchups.

• Like 1

These use the bullseye/moon knight bodies with the extra heads from the 2-packs.

I'm going to have the heads/neck pieces casted so I can have more that way and if I find Kree cheap on ebay.

Something w.i.p's I forgot to post on Gorgon.

Original pelvis and legs:

ModernGorgonCustom1-01.jpg

He popped his legs off and wrapped the hip balls with teflon tape. Teflon tape is used for plumbing to wrap around male pipe threads so that when you screw the other end in it takes up all the small gaps between the threads and creates a waterproof seal. It's a very slick and thin tape. Nothing sticks to it.

ModernGorgonCustom1-TeflonTape.jpg

Extra modding to hips to make them flow better:

Here the hip balls are wrapped in the teflon tape and the legs popped back on and dremelled down.

ModernGorgonCustom1-00-1.jpg

Here the huge gaps between the hip balls and the legs are sculpted over. The teflon tape being around the balls allow the sculpting compound to go up and encompass the balls as needed without sticking to the balls themselves.

ModernGorgonCustom1-00-2.jpg

And here after the sculpting compound has cured the legs can be boiled and popped off and the teflon tape taken off the balls. He end up with a form hugging sculpt between that gap that'll retain articulation. Kneadatite Green Stuff was used because of its toughness.

ModernGorgonCustom1-00-3.jpg

And here the balls were painted their final color and the legs are popped back on afterwards with an improvement over the original sculpt's flow.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/Goonie1/Modern%20Gorgon%20Custom/ModernGorgonCustom1-1.jpg

I got finished pictures of Warpath from Dustin.

WarpathCustom5-31.jpg

WarpathCustom5-32.jpg

WarpathCustom5-33.jpg

WarpathCustom5-34.jpg

WarpathCustom5-35.jpg

WarpathCustom5-36.jpg

WarpathCustom5-37.jpg

WarpathCustom5-38.jpg

WarpathCustom5-39.jpg

WarpathCustom5-40.jpg

WarpathCustom5-41.jpg

WarpathCustom5-42.jpg

WarpathCustom5-43.jpg

WarpathCustom5-44.jpg

WarpathCustom5-45.jpg

• Like 1

WarpathCustom5-46.jpg

WarpathCustom5-47.jpg

WarpathCustom5-48.jpg

WarpathCustom5-49.jpg

WarpathCustom5-50.jpg

• Like 1

WarpathCustom5-51.jpg

WarpathCustom5-52.jpg

WarpathCustom5-53.jpg

Info:

-He repainted the stand and the tree bases to look more like a jungle than a desert island.

-The robot parts come from Curse from Spawn, a NECA Terminator and the Brainiac head that came with DCD Red Son Superman.

-He gave the head eyes like in the comic.

-The left eye looks like the lens is cracked and the bulb went out after a beating from Proudstar.

-There are some real wires sticking out of the robot's shoulders and spine.

-The robot torso and arm have battle damage from his knives too.

-He also added peg holes in Warpath's toes so he can use the foot peg on the stand.

• Like 1

warpath has a lot of detail very well done, Dustin has a great ability to carve.

I don't see problem with the hip-ball it look good to me.

and that Daisy "Quake" Johnson is incredible, I like the gauntlet

and RickCoronel I hope that soon you have some display cabinets for all your figures.

i agree!! i can't wait to see warpath and that exiles thunderbird standing side to side! the Coronel probably has the greatest set of ML Customs ever, every piece is pretty much museum quality to me, alot of talent, time, and hard work invested by awesome customizers! keep this show rolling!!