Marvel & Transformers Customs

RickCoronel

Got another update from Calbretto on Broo & Quentin Quire, almost there.

QuentinQuireampBrooCustoms-6_zps358f8cff.jpg

QuentinQuireampBrooCustoms-7_zpsccdff5e0.jpg

Here's what he said:

I've made a lot of progress with QQ and Broo. I'm done the majority of the painting. I just have to do the highlights and some other stuff, such as eyes for Broo, eyebrows and hair on QQ, etc. I've done a coat of purple for QQ's hair, but I have a bright pink that I will go over it with to make it really pop. Broo's mouth will also get some highlights, plus the teeth are painted and ready to get glued into place. QQ's glasses are also ready.

Sorry the photos aren't that good. Broo's paint job looks really good in person, with a few different browns, washes and dry brushing to bring out the detail. I am very happy with how he's turned out.

I spent a lot of time on QQ trying to get his head and thighs perfectly smooth. I kept having to sand down bumps and re-sculpt. Sometimes the bumps wouldn't show up until after I added a coat of paint, so there were a few repaints I had to do. In the end, I am really happy with how he turned out. The flesh tone will look really great once I add some highlights.

I've finished the psychic shotgun and am happy with how it looks. Let me know what you think. I have to create a pair of glasses for Broo afterwards. I previously made my own using some black wire and some cut out bits of clear plastic. Mine weren't perfect, but I think I have an idea on perfecting them for your Broo. I will have some photos shortly.

Got another update from Calbretto on nearly finished Quentin & Broo:

QuentinQuireampBrooCustoms-8_zps537a37b7.jpg

QuentinQuireampBrooCustoms-9_zpsed21e4b2.jpg

QuentinQuireampBrooCustoms-Broo-2_zpsb23ec89c.jpg

Info:

-Quentin & Broo are nearly done, most of the painting is done. He may have a few touch ups here or there, but they're almost done.

-QQ's shirt will say "Wake me when the humans are dead" like in the picture I sent him.

-He'll also have to make a couple of buttons for his jacket. One will say "Bite Me" and the other two are an exclamation point, and 4 leaf clover.

-He needs to clean up the paint around Broo's mouth and eyes a bit, but other than that he's really happy with him. He'll will glue in the teeth tomorrow when he makes his glasses.

Yeah, I can't wait for Voz to be finished. Oh, Kenji is a character from Generation Hope, Hope Summer's book. Good guy who becomes bad.

Got those finished pictures of Quentin Quire & Broo:

QuentinQuireampBrooCustoms-11_zpsde2ac871.jpg

QuentinQuireampBrooCustoms-10_zps08aef91c.jpg

QuentinQuireampBrooCustoms-QuentinQuire-4_zps7297c1f7.jpg

QuentinQuireampBrooCustoms-Broo-4_zps47c73485.jpg

QuentinQuireampBrooCustoms-Broo-3_zps38bcdebc.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I don't really customize, I just commission. I only do pre-sculpt work.

• 3 weeks later...

No updates on anything. Holy_Ghostbuster had some problems happen but I should be receiving the finished thunderbolts soon and he'll start on the rest when he gets a chance again. Calbretto is going to be starting on the WATX kids soon.

I recently moved and am living with family until I get my own place so no room for collection or displays so they're boxed up. Should hopefully have it up before Christmas or right after. I can only do very little shots when anything new comes.

• 2 months later...

No custom updates but I got the Thunderbolts set and love it. Sold the Crossbones figure and that helped pay for the set.

8gwh.jpg

Yeah, I spoke with Holy_Ghostbuster and he should have some pictures once his work hours are back to normal. Captain Odious is gonna start working on the remaining three he started on before, and Calbretto is going to start on my WATX kids soon, he has the parts ready.

TFMANIAC, Dustin are really busy so when they get to work on my customs will be fine. ethansuplee is still working on GL Voz (bear), I've pretty much sold 80% of my lanterns since I needed money when I moved back in april. I'll keep the team leaders and some side characters. Zombie13 had some serious stuff happen so we agreed that whenever he can work on the aoa customs is fine with me, however long it takes. Grasshopperis is going to finish my x-kid teams only since he's lost interest in finishing the modern axm team with colossus, emma, wolverine, cyclops, nightcrawler, angel.

I now have 3 Ghosts, I want another hasbro one so I can get him painted up.

I think I'll keep two versions of the team, the official figures and the customs. I'm hoping to stockpile the moonstone body when the jubilee wave hits later in the year, same with jubilee. Yeah, I'll have no where to put Black Cat but I plan on getting her.

Got a nearly finished update on "GL" Voz from ethansuplee:

6vr6.jpg

Thanks. I think since nearly all of my commissions are postponed or delayed for a bit I want to see if we can work together on one this year if you have time.

always a pleasure seeing your page, Rick, even if it's just a brief blurb and/or update!

nice work on selling crossbones to help fund your thunderbolts purchase - smart. :) gotta say, after playing with the female figs from my buddy's T-bolts set, i'm sooo jealous you folks have these figs in your collection. my only saving grace is that same aforementioned buddy has asked me to frankenstein these ladies into other characters for him, so i get to play with them for just a little bit longer. @nana@

ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

AFR

AFR Studio

I'm glad to hear that. I shall have updates soon, I reworked some commissions around and am going to have ethansuplee make me a "T-Bolts" Black Widow from the Dark Reign team. He's also going to tackle the 18" Atlas from the movie 18" spidey that I was originally having holy_ghostbuster making but since it would take longer and he's overseas it would cost me more to ship and then to ship when done.

Yeah, the ladies are my favorite new body so I'll have three different sizes, the modified thicker widow body, the satana/moonstone body, and the wwe AJ/dcd Livewire body that Prodigy from fwoosh came up with.

Big fan of your Luke Cage sculpt, eagerly waiting for the day I can purchase a cast.

• 3 weeks later...