Marvel & Transformers Customs

RickCoronel

Nice trick with the soldering iron, have to see it painted to see how well it actually worked though. I remember asking someone on Fwoosh about how they did their lines, and I can't for the life of me remember who it was or how they did it. Haha.

The base for Cable looks pretty good. I really want to use Hyperion's head for something, it's a great sculpt. I'm borderline on the figure though, mine has a loose shin twist and two left biceps...I can deal with both with a bit of glue and resculpting, since I was planning on using him for AoA Gladiator anyway, but I dunno, it lessened my urge to do it.

Totally going to use X-force Wolvie to fix the now vastly inferior AoA Wolvie. I was just going to replace the legs and find a better head than the one I made, but the new one's shoulders are also bulkier so I may switch out the upper arms too. Gotta sand down the boot straps like you did though. Is yours missing paint, or is the blue just an effect of the flash?

Yeah, its a easier trick than sculpting. I'll see if I have some old black/silver paint that I can test out and take a picture before I send it off with the others.

Thanks, glad you think the base for Cable looks good, it took a couple tries to find the right parts since I wanted something more imposing and accurate plus looked good with the others. Yeah, the head sculpt is a nice one. I got lucky with no wrong parts, but one had the loose shin. I fixed that by taking out the calve/shins by boiling them then squeezed the peg so it would be tighter once I inserted it back together. Cool, thats a nice idea for AOA Gladiator.

It's a such a better body now that legs are new and the arms to. I forgot but did you ever get buy that weapon x head cast that ibmm-t made from a zombie13 head he put together for me. That would be perfect if you did, if not I don't think ibmm-t kept the mold. I'm planning on shortening the x-force wolverine for a uncanny x-men #500 look, thats why I dremelled the gloves and boots. All the wolverine's are like that on the wave 1 releases, there's no shading on the insider of the thighs or at all on the shins or the back of the trunks. Just like the silver on the sides of the legs are badly painted. I've seen it on a ton of other's pictures to.

No, never got that head cast, completely forgot about it actually. I may just redo mine - it was a hollowed out beast hair piece with a mix-matched face in it, so I could probably pull out the face and put in a better one to keep the crazy hair.

Ah, too bad it was really nice. I can't wait for zombie13 to start again and finish those aoa customs for me. Looks like I won't need him to make me a modern aoa jean now. Maybe a punisher head with the beast hair transplanted.

Oh yeah, I think levit05 used a ripclaw head for his x-force wolverine a few years back. Yup, it's not wild enough for him.

Still got a few more things to add like the gauntlets that go on his forearms and still looking for shoulderpads that look more like the ones he wears.

modernxforcecustoms9dea.jpg

some side views:

I couldn't find my old paints so I'll check my boxes tomorrow so I can test the limbs out to see how they'll look.

Finished modding my wave 1 (2013) Wolverine for a Astonishing X-Men version with swappable boots for a WATX look with the combat boots.

modernuncannyxmencustom.jpg

Reference:

wolverine2.jpg

That was kind of the point since the originally release is a tad to tall, wanted especially with the combat boots. I might try and take some out of the thighs but not sure, I like the shorter shins. It looks fine with the other shorten/dremeled boots. I think you mean Deathlok, not deadpool.

Yeah, I had a pic of them since I plan on sending them to lesternessman when he has time.

stormpyslocke1.jpg

Got another update from calbretto on Quentin Quire.

quentinquirebroocustoms.jpg

quentinquirebroocustoms.jpg

levite did a great job with that ares. he has always been one of the great frankensteiners of the custom community. i never got into the whole frankensteining thing, i would love to, but due to lack of tools, fodder, and time, it has forced me to try and sculpt whatever i need. there are times when i may actually do a part swap here or there for a custom, but it was never one of my strengths. i always admire a good bash of fodder when i see one.

Yep, totally meant Deathlok, not Deadpool. And about Wolvy's legs, I know you're trying to make him shorter but I'm just saying that his legs now look disproportionate. If you could take a bit out of the thighs, perhaps at the swivel, that would make the whole figure look a lot better.

While those bodies for Storm and Psylocke don't have the best articulation, they do have nice look to them. Especially liking the Cheetah hair for Storm. That should look really nice when done.

FUGAYZIE, yeah, I gotta agree with you. Levit does the best part-swapping (frankensteining) out there that I've seen and gotten to have. It's sometime that I really like doing as well, so I tend to do it when I can and it helps keep costs down a bit.

Tigger, while I kind of agree it's not a big deal since he's a stock short guy and his proportions would be uneven. I rather not take out any at the thigh swivel so I don't risk ruining the joint. Going part by part, its fine. There's the hips, the thigh that should be longer than the shins (knee to bottom of the blue part), then theres the boots.

I'm not one to stick to only ML bodies and I didn't want them in usual shield/elektra body so I chose to follow lesternessman's recipe of his psylocke for my Storm and X-force Psylocke. I figured her hair would work nicely with the head and I lucked out that it fits the powergirl head.

Got a update on "GL" Voz from ethansuplee:

VozGreenLanternSector571Custom2-34_zpsbfd8844f.jpg

Got another update from calbretto on my Broo & Quentin Quire:

QuentinQuireampBrooCustoms-3_zpsee7e17f1.jpg

QuentinQuireampBrooCustoms-4_zpsfa7cded7.jpg

QuentinQuireampBrooCustoms-5_zpsa841bd60.jpg

good googly-moogly, finally at the finish line...for now! Rick, after 3 weeks of on-and-off perusing, finally wrapped up all 111 pages (thus far) of your massively colossal customs page. over the last 7 years, you've amassed quite a collection of not only customs but customizer talent. as many have repeatedly said, it's inspiring, and certainly overwhelming, to see all this custom goodness in one location. and what's great about this is that it not only inspires my custom frankensteined stuff but my scratch-built work as well. and while not every single figure you've had commissioned spoke to me, there have most definitely been a seemingly myriad of other customs that have blown me away. from the parts swapping, to the sculpting, modding, accessorizing, and painting, it's been nothing short of awesome.

one final comment: thank you for being such a proponent of the customizing community...your continued passion for supporting the guys and gals who do this is so very commendable and gratifying to see.

looking forward to seeing more custom goodness...

AFR

Man, that's gotta be the best comment/reply someone who collects could get. Thanks, really. There may have been times where I stopped collecting figures but haven't thought once to stop collecting customs, I may slow down at times but it's always great when I get to add a new custom to my shelves.

• 2 weeks later...

Lucked out and got a Kenji "Generation Hope" on ebay for $35 shipped. It was made by whiskeytango and the buyer was getting rid of stuff.

Kenji:

KenjiGenerationHopeCustom1-1_zps286640e4.jpg

KenjiGenerationHopeCustom1-2_zps7e15d811.jpg

KenjiGenerationHopeCustom1-3_zpsa0257c85.jpg

KenjiGenerationHopeCustom1-4_zpsf2657c8b.jpg

KenjiGenerationHopeCustom1-5_zps29f2136d.jpg

KenjiGenerationHopeCustom1-6_zpsfb7c0081.jpg

KenjiGenerationHopeCustom1-7_zps0ea7edea.jpg

Reference:

KenjiGenerationHopeCustom1-Reference-2_zps9a796064.jpg

KenjiGenerationHopeCustom1-Reference-1_zps44088281.jpg

This is what he wrote:

So using those as the base, I ordered a HML Silver Surfer and got to work on him. I made his claws by cutting the fingers off of a pair of Wraarl hands, and splicing on the fingers from this little bust of one of the clockwork soldiers from Hellboy 2: The Golden Army. Sculpted some openings in his skin to show some metal, and added some gribblies from a model helicopter i had sitting around for some reason. Finished him off with some fishing line for the wires on his body. Added bonus for the SS base is that if theres any paint rub, which hopefully there won't be, it'll be silver, which kind of works with Kenji.

He was also getting rid of a Idie Okonkwo that Discogod made so I picked her up to:

IdieOkonkwoCustom1-1_zps53536ba0.jpg

IdieOkonkwoCustom1-2_zps285a97ba.jpg

IdieOkonkwoCustom1-3_zps28b6349a.jpg

IdieOkonkwoCustom1-4_zpsbaf120cc.jpg

IdieOkonkwoCustom1-5_zps389f4e69.jpg

IdieOkonkwoCustom1-6_zps80ea1de7.jpg

This is what Discogod wrote:

SOTA SF Sakura figure, with X-23 from the mid-torso up, arms, head & feet. Forearms & hands from Invisible Woman - translucent, so I could get a nice "powered-up" effect. Psylocke shins, hollowed out and slid over the Sakura legs. Sculpted the afro (B-Yellow over a foil core, used a stiff-bristled brush to get the texture) and slightly resculpted the chin, nose & cheeks.

I checked Discogod's thread over at fwoosh and he had modified her and added these changes:

Quick update on Idie - I've swapped the forearms out for some smoother ones, resculpted the 'fro (it was too small), and repainted the face, as there was a slight colour discrepancy between the face & body...

IdieOkonkwoCustom1-7_zps745b5e97.jpg

IdieOkonkwoCustom1-8_zps969df928.jpg

IdieOkonkwoCustom1-9_zps87b23832.jpg

Reference:

IdieOkonkwoCustom1-Reference_zpsba647983.jpg

Got a tiny update from ethansuplee:

VozGreenLanternSector571Custom2-35_zps4c5485f0.jpg

VozGreenLanternSector571Custom2-36_zps7e1b7802.jpg

VozGreenLanternSector571Custom2-37_zps3a2da176.jpg

These came today, Frenzy & Fantomex from IBBM-T, and Kenji & Idie from Jorden of ebay/fwoosh commissioned from whiskeytango & Discogod.

frenzyfantomexkenjiandi.jpg

Yeah, white is a pain. Luckily for him, he only needed to paint the body white thanks to the fantomex coat. The coat is removable to.

Angel & Magik came today, ben truwe sent back the bodies for Cloak & Dagger "Dark X-Men" since he doesn't have time anymore so I'll be looking to get those done by someone else.

100_2897_zps50207bd6.jpg

So it looks like I'm only having work done by dustin (when he has time), calbretto (x-kids), Holy_Ghostbuster (thunderbolts update soon), zombie13 (aoa when he gets time again), TFMANIAC (aoa when he has time to finish the last 9).

I'm going to be moving next month so I won't have any shelve updates for a couple months.

Also got a update from etahsuplee on "GL" Voz:

VozGreenLanternSector571Custom2-38_zps7991c170.jpg