RickCoronel

RicksCollection-19-Update-1.jpg

RicksCollection-22-Update-1.jpg

RicksCollection-23-Update-1-1.jpg

RicksCollection-24-Update-1.jpg

RicksCollection-26-Update-1-1.jpg

RicksCollection-29-Update-1-1.jpg

RicksCollection-33-Update-1.jpg

Yeah, that's two shelves that I still need alot of characters for.

My remaining list:

Dustin Baetz will be doing:

Ronan, Gamora, Firelord, Thanos w/ Skreet, Wraith, Ultron, Phalanx Soldiers, Ra-Venn.

Then I still need these:

Ko-Rel

Cammi

Ravenous

Daystar Space Knight

Side characters:

Stellaris

Nebula

Centurion Robot

Delinquent

Glorian

Annihilus Bugs/Spiders - 1-2x

Tana Nile

Heh, thats still a lot :)

I just recently started working on my Drax again after like 6 months. Planning on starting up on Star Lord again too, although now I'm undecided if I want to go with the Blue/White Annihilation look or go for the Blue/red Guardians look.

Yeah, still a lot and definitely different looks, and spaced out.

Nice, that should be neat. Drax is a favorite, I forgot Dustin is doing another Drax for me with the combat boots and bulker to go with GOTG.

I've seen a few blue/red and it's current with the newer teams but I like the blue/white, nice contrast.

--------------------------

I'm using up old pages for customs and at the moment, reference pictures:

Mera "Red Lantern" & Atom "Indigo Lantern", Arkillo, Hal Jordan's Hammer Construct, Star Sapphire "Carol Ferris", Star Sapphire "Wonder Woman", Brother Warth, Flash "Blue Lantern", Munk "Indigo-2", Indigo-1, Snap Trap "Sinestro Corps", Stanch "Sinestro Corps", Skallox "Red Lantern", Veon "Red Lantern", Fury-6 "Red Lantern", Zilius Zox "Red Lantern", Laira "Red Lantern", Braach "Sinestro Corps", Bur'Gunza "Sinestro Corps", Feena Sik "Sinestro Corps", Hal Jordan "Parallax", Kretch "Sinestro Corps", Lyssa Drak "Keeper of the book of Parallax", Parallax,

Page 10:

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2020475&view=findpost&p=16415320

Page 11:

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2020475&view=findpost&p=16415891

Page 12:

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2020475&view=findpost&p=16425117

Page 13:

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2020475&view=findpost&p=16433950

Page 14:

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2020475&view=findpost&p=16437481

Page 16:

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2020475&view=findpost&p=16447004

Page 27:

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2020475&view=findpost&p=16478401

Edited by RickCoronel

Thanks, well the customizing has made Opticon do more work, that Sinestro he did is the best one I've seen.

This year the contest should be more fun, definitely a longer timeline from like october-december that way it gives time.

Hawkman & Atom #46 is one, and the other is Blackest Night #6.

Got my first update from GrownNerd on Killer Croc conversion using DCD Arkham Asylum Croc body and SOTA SF T.Hawk pelvis/thighs.

KillerCrocCustom5-1.jpg

KillerCrocCustom5-2.jpg

Info:

-Splicing of the upper parts done, and a tan base coat put down to cover up the parts that had been blue so the orange paint can cover better

-And these are the possible contenders for the ankle joints. There's a set of ankle joints from a big MTV Spiderman Lizard some years back, and his elbow joints that can also be used, and a Beast set of ankles. When he has a few ways he can go on something he tends to freeze up and think and study it a long time instead of just deciding.

3rd Non-Marvel or DC custom, Solomon Kane by the epic Conan creator Robert E. Howard.

I got my first update from spawnsauce on my Solomon Kane custom, he's going to be a mix of three looks, Movie, two comics.

SolomonKaneCustom1-1.jpg

SolomonKaneCustom1-2.jpg

SolomonKaneCustom1-3.jpg

SolomonKaneCustom1-4.jpg

SolomonKaneCustom1-5.jpg

Here's the reference photo's I gave him:

SolomonKaneBanner-2.jpg

SolomonKaneBanner-3.jpg

SolomonKaneBanner-4.jpg

Recipe:

Base is HML Daredevil

Head sculpted over Sentry head.

Info:

-He still has the hair to sculpt and the hat to make. Without the hat and long hair he kinda looks like a pirate, but maybe that's just him.

-The cape isn't on securely yet, so that's why it looks kinda blah.

-The head is easily removable, so instead of gluing the cape to him, he might join the ends with a strap to slide around his neck.

-Having the head removeable will allow for one head with the hat on permanently, and one without the hat.

-For the various belts and straps, he'll sculpt them out of green stuff and glue them to the figure.

-He also has a few LOTR swords and stuff that he'll sculpt for his weapons.

-The head was just an amalgam of all the pics I suggested and his own take on the character. Sculpted to look grizzled.

-One thing I think might look better is sculpt boots instead of the cloth boot tops.

The blending of parts on Croc looks really good, totally seamless. Kane looks like he'll be pretty cool too.

And holy cow, I spent about 4 hours total on 10(ish) customs today...I usually barely do that in a full month. I don't know if I can keep it up, but if I do i'll have 2 full entries for the next customcon, whenever that is.

I got a update from Ibentmyman-thing on Flash in his Blue Lantern costume.

FlashBlueLanternSector2814Custom5-1.jpg

Flash is finished. Gotta pay for him later. I'll be paying you what I owe for the fodder figures.

Yeah, he's working on Brother Warth now, and then Saith Walker after I can get a Avatar Movie Master Jake Sully.

Oh, ok...something off about the logo, made me think it was a near-finished shot.

Looking forward to seeing what he does with the elephant man, that should be awesome.

I grabbed one of those MM Jake figures for the same purpose, I'm almost rethinking it now though - he's much shorter than I anticipated. I'd have to swap the lower legs to make up for the height, but then i'd have to slice in some ankle articulation, which i'm not wanting to do. :S

Might get done, but he's not as high a priority as he once was.

I get what you mean, the logo seems like it's missing a out-lining of the lightning.

Yeah, Brother Warth should be neat, the plain elephant head will definitely help him look closer to BW than the original head.

Nice, you got one. That's actually what Matthew K did for his, used the DCD figures' legs from knees down as well as the logo, hands, and head.

Glad you dig, DP.

Update from GrownNerd on Killer Croc's ankles and paint-rub.

KillerCrocCustom5-3.jpg

-Got the feet on the ankles, and then onto the shins.

-Next step is to dremel & shape that area better, then sculpt scales to match.

-Shouldn't be long. He's hoping to finish Monday night so he can send out mid week.

-The thing that concerns him more is his hips are getting a lot of paint rub, even after my thinking that he sanded down enough. He'll have to pull the legs off and reduce the areas some more and continue to test. It's what he hates most about customs because it's so tedious—paint, wait at least overnight for paint to cure, test, redo if it rubs, repeat, etc. If he doesn't make it out mid week it'll be because of this rather than the ankles.

-Also the orange paint he's using doesn't seem very durable. When the legs move to a position where the crotch stops them from moving further, the impact points are rubbing the paint off. Not good. Strange because it's Vallejo brand, which has been pretty good for him. Could just be a problem with this color. If it keeps happening after touch ups he'll have to see about switching to another brand's orange.

I got a update from Dustin on finished Sentry:

SentryCustom7-14.jpg

SentryCustom7-15.jpg

SentryCustom7-16.jpg

SentryCustom7-17.jpg

SentryCustom7-18.jpg