Marvel & Transformers Customs

RickCoronel

I think there were a couple of movie hulk figures that were in the 8 to 10 inch range. I'm not sure how much articulation they had, but the size would be right.

I think the FO Hulk or Abomination would be good since if I am not mistaken, they are bigger than the DC BAF

He was depicted that big in IC. I mean, if you replace the arms with something shorter

Didn't read IC, I'm going by Sinestro War thru Blackest Night.

DangerDrVenture said that a Kilowog/Brimstone with some added height should be fine. Have it done at the shins and it'll work out with the overall length of the arms.

I seen those Hulk figures but they're kind of too low on articulation like the DCD Mongul.

Darn, one of the 7th kingdom girl's crotch exploded and the hips were glued. I cut up my broken hml elektra so I can use her crotch piece but need hip balls that'll fit into the original legs. @grumpy@

He was depicted that big in IC. I mean, if you replace the arms with something shorter

Didn't read IC, I'm going by Sinestro War thru Blackest Night.

I haven't read Blackest Night so I wasn't aware they drew SC Mongul smaller.

I think Adomination has as much articulation as a typical ML fig, but adding extra height 2 a Kilowog fig is prb better since the articulation is consistent with the other DCUC toys.

He didn't appear in Blackest Night really but I've followed that much. But when he fought Arkillo, Mongul was like a head taller so the Kilowog/Brimstone lengthen alittle seems like it'll work.

Thanks for the helping guy.

I need some feedback on something I did.

Here's the new crotch for one of the 7th Kingdom girls, because the pelvis and hip ball exploded after removing the skirt which I was going to use for a custom.

7thKingdomGirlsMongulSize.jpg

The only two big figures I have plus the half body of Kilowog for size reference for Mongul Jr. I think Kilowog/Brimstone can definitely work for Mongul with some height added. I'm thinking at the shins since they're rubbery/plastic and not hollow.

Kilowog is definitely taller than Abomination. Abomination is a little taller than the Hulk I made, who was shorter than Kilowog on page 59. Hopefully that makes sense, I'll be able to make sure when my 2nd Kilowog torso arrives.

Back of the new pelvis piece to give her actual female shape with the original figure lacked under the rubber pieces.

7thKingdomGirl-PossibleBallHips.jpg

I like the size of the ball joints, but I think they need to be sunken in more and have the upper legs thicken. It's too much trouble for the other girl, so I'll find a character who wears a skirt other than Arisa.

Didn't have the legs, those went to the Tigra I got a few months back. The upper body was broken, so I have the torso area to use. I don't think anyone would sell the elektra hips joints even though I thought of using those since they're half the size and would probably fit.

If I really want to do that, I could take apart a custom. :o Which I've done before, my Lord Thor's legs for my Warpath (X-Force) by Levit. I'm not sure I want to, but I can get one on ebay or thru a trade.

Oh, here's some reference of Mongul from Blackest Night. I was originally correct, Mongul Jr. did show up in Blackest Night in the very beginning. Issue #46 of GL, was Mongul Jr's last issue so far.

MongulJrSinestroCorpsBanner-1.jpg

MongulJrSinestroCorpsBanner-2.jpg

MongulJrSinestroCorpsBanner-3.jpg

MongulJrSinestroCorpsBanner-4.jpg

MongulJrSinestroCorpsBanner-5.jpg

MongulJrSinestroCorpsBanner-7.jpg

MongulJrSinestroCorpsBanner-8.jpg

715360-mongul_battles_for_control.jpg

I'm thinking, maybe if I can find some megaman feet, that might work to give him height otherwise the regular feet would just be sculpted over.

i guess I was wrong about Mongul since he is around that size in IC

As for the legs, is it possible to sculpt a wider thigh around the balljoint and relocate the balljoint from being too out to the end

The original idea you have had with sinking the balljoints into the leg seems like a good idea though I think the sculptor should fill up the old leg ball hole and have it so it is not right next to the side of the thigh.

Your sinkin balljoint idea would work well if the leg is thick enough ; I mean, if you move the hole so that it is right at the end, you don't have to make it thicker; all I did with the pic below is move the thighs deeper into the socket and less off the edge

legs.jpg

Yeah, that's mostly how it would look once sunken in more. Was gonna have the upper thigh thicken alittle to look nice and fill her out more.

Was originally going to be Star Sapphire (Carol) but the figure is too thin/small overall for her, so I'm thinking either a lantern character or maybe a marvel character. The heads are just place holders too, gonna try and get prettier ones.

If the custom would be by Dustin, then I know he could thicken her up and you wouldn't be able to tell but I don't know anyone else who can make the women like him.

I'll probably use a Powergirl or Wonder Woman for Star Sapphire.

Height reference with a DCUC figure:

qc.jpg

StarSapphireCarolFerrisBanner-2.jpg

• Like 1

holy cow Coronel! i just saw the preview for that "anti monitor", and having just finished the sinestro wars just days ago, dang, i can't wait to see more of your lantern stuff. i'm trying to catchup to "blackest night" but i'll have to get rid of final crisis first.

Was originally going to be Star Sapphire (Carol) but the figure is too thin/small overall for her, so I'm thinking either a lantern character or maybe a marvel character. The heads are just place holders too, gonna try and get prettier ones.

If the custom would be by Dustin, then I know he could thicken her up and you wouldn't be able to tell but I don't know anyone else who can make the women like him.

I'll probably use a Powergirl or Wonder Woman for Star Sapphire.

Height reference with a DCUC figure:

qc.jpg

StarSapphireCarolFerrisBanner-2.jpg

Glad you guys are digging.

Okay, came up with some ideas. Use both of them for Laira "Green Lantern" & Laira "Red Lantern". Or one of Laira & Lady Blackhawk with some bulking.

Laira "Green Lantern" & Laira "Red Lantern":

LairaLairaRedLantern.jpg

Laira & Lady Blackhawk:

LairaorLairaRedLanternLadyBlackhawk.jpg

Info:

-If I go with both Laira's then I'll replace the hips. @grumpy@

LadyBlackhawkBanner-4.jpg

LadyBlackhawkBanner-1.jpg

Personally I'd go with Red Laira and Lady Blackhawk, but I'm biased as I don't like to have 2 versions of the same character.

I started my Sinestro custom today, mixing and matching sinestro and deadman parts. Wip threads over on the fwoosh, if you wanted to take a look.

I would only do both Laira's if I could find two of the same heads. <_< I do like the idea of having a Lady Blackhawk. swoon.gif

Just like I'm gonna have a Boodikka done while possibly getting the alpha lantern dcd figure.

Nice, I was gonna do that, but it was easier to switch the hands/head onto a Romat head, which I did. :D

So I'm gonna start building my 3rd Kilowog based custom using Brimstone parts for Mongul. It's funny/sad having a Kilowog completed then using his parts and doing it again. It's costly to.

I'll agree with that, if I could get a sinestro variant for a good price I would, but $30+ for one, is little much for a fodder for me. @grumpy@

I'm gonna end up selling my Sentinel custom & Wal-Mart Giant Man (missing right foot) here and on fwoosh before putting those on ebay.

$60 - $70 shipped for custom Sentinel.

$50 for BAF Apocalypse.

$60 for Giant Man (missing right foot).

Pics in my trade thread.

Yeah, luckily i got my sinestro in my wave 3 case way back when, so i had him handy....had already customized him once anyway, so he was all ready to go, heh.

Really wanna steal the head and hands from a DCD SC Sinestro though, and he's up around the $30 range too, which is also too much for me, so this one'll havta do for now.

If I had known dcuc5 and some older ones like sinestro variant would've been hard to get, I would've gotten them when I saw them. But I wasn't using them for customs yet. :(

Yeah, I noticed the same thing for DCD sinestro.