Marvel & Transformers Customs

RickCoronel

Wow, nice to see a new member posting in new. It's been slow lately with 1 or 3 people posting. But I can guarantee that the updates will come every month.

i'm sure you could find someone on the boards that army builds/has lots of joes and would sell you just the guns. they are really just extra and useless. all the figs come with tons of other accessories. i've only gotten a couple movie figs, but if i had a surplus of them i'd probably sell them.

Thanks smarch, I took your advice and was able to trade for 7 G.I. Joe movie guns to arm most of my kree soldiers with cooler weapons. I also sliced and made holes in the closed fists.

Here's 3 pics with the G.I. Joe movie guns:

KreeSoldiers-1.jpg

KreeSoldiers-2.jpg

KreeSoldiers-3.jpg

Oh, it's removed because Ibentmyman-thing is casting 10 of them for future Kree customs. He's doing three Kree soldier customs for me now, but silver with gold/yellow instead of green.

Yeah, I'm going have some with shoulder pads instead of the full neck piece.

Not a custom but I received these beautiful piece from Budd Root, creator of Cavewoman. I got them by being part of the Frank Cho forum. Only paid $2.15 shipping.

MyBuddRootCollection-1.jpg

MyBuddRootCollection-2.jpg

caution "nudity"

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/Goonie1/Stuff/MyBuddRootCollection-3.jpg

MyBuddRootCollection-4.jpg

MyBuddRootCollection-5.jpg

caution "nudity"

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/Goonie1/Stuff/MyBuddRootCollection-6.jpg

im part of the frank cho fourm and never saw that thread

Guess you didn't go to the Budd Rott board. It's been there a long time.

I don't think you'll have time, the last batch went out Tuesday.

yup didnt see ill try anyways

Onto a finished update of Moonstone "Ms. Marvel" and updated new knifes for Warpath.

Moonstone "Ms. Marvel":

MoonstoneMsMarvelCustom1-8.jpg

MoonstoneMsMarvelCustom1-9.jpg

MoonstoneMsMarvelCustom1-10.jpg

MoonstoneMsMarvelCustom1-11.jpg

MoonstoneMsMarvelCustom1-12.jpg

MoonstoneMsMarvelCustom1-13.jpg

MoonstoneMsMarvelCustom1-14.jpg

Warpath's knifes:

WarpathCustom5-18.jpg

WarpathCustom5-19.jpg

WarpathCustom5-20.jpg

WarpathCustom5-21.jpg

Info:

-Dr. Karla here looks done.

-Dustin found some cool material that seems to be felt with a layer of vinyl on one side that was perfect for the sash.

-Her left hand isn't plugged all the way in in the pics, but it fits fine like the other one.

-He decided to mess around with the veneer of a busted Powerbook battery and ended up making some bigger knives for Warpath.

-He's pretty sure it's aluminum so they won't rust.

-The pieces on the ends are thumbtacks filed down, and the handles are leather.

-He'll make them some new sheaths too.

-Warpath himself needs another round of sanding and detailing on the costume and he'll be ready to paint.

Hey Opticon, you're gonna like the next update.

1st Update from GrownNerd,

Gorgon "Secret Invasion/War of Kings":

ModernGorgonCustom1-1.jpg

Recipe:

Head: DCUC Etrigan (I sent one)

Torso/Shoulder Joint: DCUC Etrigan

Arms: DCUC Atom Smasher

Hands: (XMC Beast or DCUC Etrigan)

Pelvis/Legs: TNA Samoa Joe

Shins/Hoofs: Minotaur from Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian line.

Info:

-wip of the base parts in place.

-Lots of surface sculpt left to do.

-He doesn't have that right arm's fist, so his plan is to mod an XMC Beast's hand so the figure would have one open hand and one fist.

-I asked if he could use both of Beast's hands.

-In the art reference I sent, Gorgon has arm bands on the left arm only. GN's general rule of customizing is to take small liberties with costume design if he's not confident he can sculpt to match. In this case, he can dremel his right forearm down and resculpt it to bare arm, but he doesn't think his forearm musculature sculpt is going to look as good as the 4H's sculpt of the existing arm band. If it were his custom, I would take liberties on that part of the costume and leave the right forearm band because he thinks the end result would be a better looking custom, albeit one that's not as true to the art source's costume.

I also got a Conan update from craarl,

ConanBarbarianCustom3-3.jpg

ConanBarbarianCustom3-4.jpg

ConanBarbarianCustom3-5.jpg

Info:

-That's the progress so far, painting has a long way to go still.

-He's still going through things for Conan's other weapons/accessories.

Hey Opticon, you're gonna like the next update.

I do :)

Not because I like Gorgon, the inhumans are kinda lame and War of Kings was a bit of a let-down, but the frankensteining of the parts is perfect. I love the proportions, and those Atom Smasher arms look great on the etrigan torso. I wish I had a character that would work for, just so i could have an excuse to use that recipe, haha :D

I didn't like War of Kings at all except for Nova and GOTG. I like some older Inhuman stuff but really liked the newer costumes and they fit within my Annihilation/Conquest/current cosmic shelve, so I wanted them done. Like I switched out classic Blastaar for "War of Kings" Blastaar with dustin since I really liked the bigger and better look, using DCUC Kalibak. @bananna@

Originally, actorjez was going to tackle Gorgon but he's been gone forever.

A lot of fur/hair to sculpt for Gorgon. $110 ain't bad, especially considering he doesn't do commissions. I got lucky.

Paranoico, I also have Vulcan but before he became Emperor/King Vulcan. Karla's leg are bit bigger but it works based on the artist Dustin chose. I don't mind it much plus she'll be posed in mid-air. I think what's making them look bigger to is that they're not pushed in all the way.

Paranoico, I also have Vulcan but before he became Emperor/King Vulcan. Karla's leg are bit bigger but it works based on the artist Dustin chose. I don't mind it much plus she'll be posed in mid-air.

Damn! i forgot about your Vulcan.

Well at least i have an Etrigan, and i find less painfull to dismember DC figs :D

I do need to get a King/Emperor Vulcan to go against my future Inhuman customs or my space X-Men/Space Jammers. I have the slightly younger first costume Vulcan.

Wanted to add the recipe/story on the lowerlegs GrownNerd used for Gorgon's legs.

Lower recipe:

From the waist all the way down through the shins: Samoa Joe from the Toy Biz TNA wrestling line. I chose him because it was the only fodder I had where the waist/crotch piece was the right width to match Etrigan's upper body. Had to majorly mod the insertion point of the hip balls into the thigh to make it flow better.

The goat leg partsfrom the shins through the hooves, are from the Minotaur of the Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian line.

I was debating between kitbashing Samoa Joe's lower body with the upper body of Etrigan that I had left (from previous work that used up the head and lower body), or just buying a new Etrigan outright and not bother with kitbashing upper and lower body until the goat legs, or just using one of those WWE articulated wrestlers and again saving myself major kitbashing until the goat legs.

I nixed using a full Etrigan because after studying the one in my display I decided that his hips and knees didn't have enough range to get good balancing positions once the goat leg parts were put in. From past experience I knew that doing animal legs on an upright human messes up the balance of the figure a lot, so you need as much range in the joints as you can manage in order to get the legs into the right positions.

The WWE wrestler body really tempted me. I always did like their torso sculpt. And their hip ball to thigh flow is great. Plus their hips have an amazing range for a figure that big. Problem was the small shoulder balls and goofy biceps. Also the torso, while being proportionate to the legs, would probably look too small once those legs got extended due to the goat parts. I could kitbash other shoulders and arms onto it, and in the process make the chest and upper torso wider to compensate for the longer legs. I've done that sort of thing before, and while it was fun the first couple of times when it was a new learning experience, the thought of doing it this time seemed like a chore to me. Then I thought about kitbashing the lower body to the leftover Etrigan upper body. But the waist and crotch of the WWE fig was too narrow to look right.

The option of using my leftover Etrigan upper body with Samoa Joe presented the problem of fixing his ugly hip ball to thigh insertion point while retaining articulation, but I had an idea on how to do it and it felt more fun for me to try that rather than trying the shoulder/upper torso mod for a WWE wrestler. So I figure I'd try that route first and if I mess up I can fall back to using the WWE wrestler.

Have a link to your custom.

I can't hate on customs, I use to do wrestling customs in the 90's back when I was into wrestling. So I've seen a lot of different kinds.

I can't hate on customs, I use to do wrestling customs in the 90's back when I was into wrestling. So I've seen a lot of different kinds.

I used to do 5" marvel customs back when I was 14 or so....I dont have any of them anymore, but man did those ever suck. :P