Marvel & Transformers Customs

RickCoronel

Hey everyone, no update yet but I should have one this week from stef. He's trying to hurry so he can start painting them.

I did however get two hollywood premeire with the red carpet tickets last week and saw Watchmen last night and I wanted to recommend that if you liked/loved the novel you should definitely catch it out this Friday.

Okay, here's those action pics of Nimrod by CaptainRon, he's shipping him to me Wednesday.

NimrodCustom3-42.jpg

NimrodCustom3-43.jpg

NimrodCustom3-44.jpg

NimrodCustom3-45.jpg

NimrodCustom3-46.jpg

NimrodCustom3-47.jpg

NimrodCustom3-48.jpg

NimrodCustom3-49.jpg

NimrodCustom3-50.jpg

NimrodCustom3-51.jpg

CaptainRon if interested in a couple months will do "Exiles" Thunderbird.

Well, stef is finishing Aegis then the painting begins. I'm getting figures/parts ready for the next commission in october.

Dustin's working on Ares base as well as revising Goblin Queen, and also working on Warpath & Havok from their shi'ar storyline. 23 customs are still paid off, so I won't need to start paying again unless I send new figures or pay for ones that I want done sooner.

Levit05 is waiting on a airbrush piece to start painting Fraktur, and then he's gonna sculpt Qubit (Helmet Centurion). Then the Starlord team will get made. Fraktur/Qubit are one payment away from being paid off.

zombie13 contacted me and will finish my AOA Weapon X, and my Spiral. paid off with figures/parts.

TFMANIAC is still working on A.O.A. Quicksilver, A.O.A. Iceman, A.O.A. Banshee, A.O.A. Exodus, A.O.A. Mr. Sinister, A.O.A. X-Man, Purpleman, Moonstone, Baron Zemo, Sepulchre "Shadowoman", Songbird, Bullseye. All paid off with rare figures.

Grasshopperis is still working on my "New X-Men" Rockslide (finished), Surge, X-23, Dust, Mercury, Anole, Pixie. Will need to pay when he finishes them as he didn't want me to pay ahead of time. I just got a pm from Robert and he has worked on them since he last moved, he'll have some pictures after he checks out Watchmen.

Edit:

10:15am pacific time. I just got Nimrod from CaptainRon and I gotta say he's fantastic. The bulk/height really make the figure and I'm not sure hasbro could really pull him off, I could see MS doing him correctly. He's quite tall and goes to MS Hulk's ear and is as heavy as Hulk.

I'm always happy to get wips, so I can show others. I should have some updated Aegis pics soon.

Here's that Aegis update I was talking about,

ModernAegisCustom-7.jpg

ModernAegisCustom-8.jpg

Head Reference:

ModernAegisBanner-16.jpg

Info:

-Head is still in early sculpting stage.

-For the eyes, the marks are just impressions and the paint will do the rest.

-He may change the lips but he's going to wait to finish the horns and the rest of the head first.

I just got a unexpected and awesome update from sexyvonpoopy on my 18" Groot.

ModernGrootCustom1-8.jpg

I want to extend where the wrist meets the hand about another inch or so. There is no finger articulation but it is rubbery near the hand.

ModernGrootCustom1-9.jpg

I was working on it today adding the "branches" and all this super glue froze some articulation. It took me a long time to free it up. The worst was this knee joint.

ModernGrootCustom1-10.jpg

ModernGrootCustom1-11.jpg

I'm working on two poses. This one and the kneeling on one knee and picking up someone with an open palm towards the sky.

ModernGrootCustom1-12.jpg

As I go I am adding a texture. I think it makes a huge difference. I added some brown paint to check it out.

ModernGrootCustom1-13.jpg

I was hoping to make it look like roots coming out of his feet. I am still working on his feet but this is what it would mostly look like pre-paint.

ModernGrootCustom1-14.jpg

back of figure

ModernGrootCustom1-15.jpg

If I do it correctly most of the 'branches will be movable. Not that you would want to move them but if and when Groot falls over, there will be minimal or no damage. See where the bending is possible. See how it is screwed (3x), wired (3x) and glued at the base and then I will go over it with apoxie to cover it and sculpt.

ModernGrootCustom1-16.jpg

Now is the time for making the figure so when the weather breaks I can paint it outside. The head will be another step altogether.

I got a written update on the New X-Men customs from Grasshopperis.

Here's that update I've been waiting for from Grasshopperis. I had also been waiting since grasshopperis finished Anole in december, but waiting was so worth it.

Anole:

AnoleCustom3-3.jpg

AnoleCustom3-4.jpg

AnoleCustom3-5.jpg

The old w.i.p's:

AnoleCustom3-1.jpg

AnoleCustom3-2.jpg

Recipe:

Anole is a Longshot upper torso, AOA Weapon X lower torso and legs, Scorpion Right arm with ASM Venom hand, SMC Black Spidey left arm with Sentry shoulder, and FF Box set Reed Richards head.

Dust:

DustCustom1-1.jpg

DustCustom1-2.jpg

DustCustom1-3.jpg

Pixie:

PixieCustom2-1.jpg

Mercury:

MercuryCustom1-4.jpg

The old w.i.p's:

MercuryCustom1-1.jpg

MercuryCustom1-2.jpg

MercuryCustom1-3.jpg

Recipe:

Mercury is Supergirl with Elektra boots and a Wasp head. The alternate arms are made of Sculpey and fit on the swivel point of the arms.

And lastly the groupshot of them including Rockslide but missing the now broken X-23, and the not started Surge:

NewX-MenCustoms1-1.jpg

NewX-MenCustoms1-2.jpg

Info:

-Anole needs dullcoat.

-Pixie needs to be finished paintwise and she is getting some wings other than the Wasp ones, cause every Pixie has those. The ones he found are even pink and partially translucent.

-Mercury's arm pegs were weak and broke off, so he's making new ones so they are strong enough to support swappable arms with out possibly snapping off.

-With Dust, he used the whole Hyrdo-Man idea and made her so you could swap her legs into a swirly sandstorm. She needs her face finished, and a few touch ups. The base needs some more drybrushing.

-He hasn't restarted on X-23 yet.

-Also hasn't started Surge.

Got a written update from M2K on my Black Tom Cassidy & Toad.

Ah, Toad and Tom are done i believe, I will have pictures for you by the end of this week.

I'm going to start on Tombstone next.

I should be able to get Toad and Tom mailed out to you, probably next week, if you'd like.

Nice, I'll get to pose them with my villians sooner rather than later.

Another update from stef on Aegis:

ModernAegisCustom-9.jpg

ModernAegisCustom-10.jpg

Info:

-Aegis is finished or about finished.

-The painting begins on all customs very soon if not next week.

I got a update from dustin on the revised neck of Cyclops, I think it made a difference. His head was never small, it was always the neck.

2l58jo.jpg

xqexs9.jpg

xqaqu0.jpg

1tkoci.jpg

2dqrg5h.jpg

168ddec.jpg

20js3kw.jpg

72dg1u.jpg

2enw5qw.jpg

syv3vk.jpg

2whov93.jpg

25khjx2.jpg

21c5w5t.jpg

29zeu08.jpg

Info:

-He liked the pic of Crystal I showed him.

-Blink was one of his favorites from AoA so he can't wait to make mine. I got a extra hml elektra for Blink, ronin for a maya lopez.

-Cyclops with his neck shortened. He re-shot the pics of him in all his different looks.

-The primer is drying on the two extra moloid heads.

-Once all the parts are painted normally, Dustin will splatter some green paint on them and the base to make it really look like a massacre. Then, finally, this batch will be ready to ship.

-He picked up a couple new scraps of material to try for Madelyne's cape and loincloth. He'll send a pic of her re-primed along with the Ares base pics.

Also I pm'ed zombie13 and he'll have some pics of A.O.A. Weapon X and Spiral this weekend.

Here's pics I never posted of Weapon X:

AOAWeaponXCustom2-1.jpg

AOAWeaponXCustom2-2.jpg

This is a example of how my Spiral will look since he has made two Spirals before:

SpiralD.jpg

stef thinks he's definitely gonna start the paints this weekend or monday as lastest. Also the first ones to get painted this time will be the big customs, Aegis, Bi-Beast, "Exiles" Hulk 2099 then the regular sized ones.

Hey Leroy, glad you like the Cyclops. Weapon X is looking nice so far, he just needs paint from what zombie13 told me.

Does anybody happen to have DCSH Parasite arms. I'm so close to having all the parts I need for something levit05 doing for me. Parasite's going for over $20 so it's too much for me to spend for arms.

I need this:

DCSH Parasite Arms (From shoulder balljoint to hands)