Superman Though The Ages - DC Direct gift set.......Anyone else buy it?

STC

I bought it, I really only want the Jim Lee Superman so the other 3 are going on eBay.

I gotta say this is probably my favorite Superman figure now.

Anyone notice the joints are really sticky on the Jim Lee one? I wont try the other 3 because I'll be selling it, but it took some muscle to move the arms and legs.

I thought about buying it for the normal jim Lee Superman and to a lesser degree the robot Sumerpan but when i though about ut i didn't want to waste my money.

For a GA Superman I think the New Frontier Superman is a lot better and I'll probably pick that up sometime.

The robot superman is cool, but not enough to get the set over.

The other superman does not interest me, the head likness to the artist it is based off of means nothing to me and he's out of scale for the comic superman figures anyway.

THe Jimm Lee superman looks stupid to me. His head looks like the Alien Bounty Hunter from the X-Files.

These boxsets are a ripoff...

Guest Mr.Wayne

I got my set today from DCBS $30.95 shipped! Mainly got it for the Jim Lee and McGuiness Robot , but the Byrne looks pretty good as well.

Didn't get this one but I am getting the Batman one. If they continue to do them with a Wonder Woman one etc. I'll go back and get the Supes one.

I sold both the Byrne and the Robot Superman already. The guy who bought the Robot didnt pay yet and its been 2 days since he won.

I still have the GA Superman on there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E%3AIT&rd=1

I really only wanted the Jim Lee Superman....but that alone isn't worth buying a set of 4 figures. The messed up thing about these Through the Ages boxset is the figures that come in the set don't work together as they all have different scales and different art styles....it seems really lazy and stupid on DCDs part to do this.

To those who say it's a rip-off, I don't agree. You are getting four figures for around $35. Normally you will get only two figures for $30 - $34 depending on prices at the store. It's a little less than $8 a figure and my math may be a little off, but I'm still pretty sure that $8 is less than $15. :)

I too only want the robot Superman. I'm hoping that he's released with another McG robot style JLA member down the road if I can't find a decent priced one on ebay.

Considering all the Supermans they had to choose from, the Robot Supes was a weird choice.

I did the same thing, bought the set just to get the Jim Lee Superman. If anyone's interested in any of the others, shoot me a message.

Matt

Sell it on eBay.

I sold all 3 of mine. I did a buy it now for $11.00 w/ 5 shipping. Im not greedy.

The Robot and the Byrne sold within a few hrs, and the GA took 4 days to sell.

All in all I got my Jim Lee Superman for $1.

I bought the set on eBay and got it in 2 days. Then sold the other 3 figures on eBay, this all happened within a week.

• 3 weeks later...

STC...I'm glad you sold yours if you didn't like it. I'm not an opener, and all I can say as a Superman fan...I enjoy this box set (to look at all 4)....merely to display and I can't fathom separating one from the other. But to each their own. To see the Jim Lee and John Byrne Superman is awesome. Already owned the First Appearance but I don't mind. For a Superman collector, this is an awesome addition to my collection.

supermanthroughtheages.sized.jpg

kndy