Luke Skywalker's X-Wing.

SaintDemon

I honestly thought this ship was a pass, since I have four of the Dagobah X-Wings released a few years ago. Boy was I wrong.

This thing is beautiful, the packaging is a masterpiece IMHO. I'll be leaving mine boxed as I love how it looks in the box.

Well worth the $44.99 tag I think.

(Updated)

Here's a pic.

MVC-048S.jpg

Just started as a manager at TRU this week...

I finally have an exclusive hook up on these and anything else coming out...

Yeah....If I have the money when I find it that is. No TRU close by and a tight budget make it hard. But I did pick up the Red Leader X-wing and loved it, so I'm sure I'll love this one as well.

I want to, but my wife and wallet doesn't want me to, lol.

4 of the other Xwings??? on Clearance(I hope)?

While the wife is hard to ignore my wallet died a long time ago or if anything is in a very very long comma @loll@

Guest McBragg

No. While it looks great, $45 is too much, and frankly, it's too nice MIP. If I don't wanna open it, I don't want it.

I never saw the other X-wings on clearance, and don't have this model X-wing at all. I'd like to, but any version will do, preferably with easier to store box than that impressive diorama one.

It's be nice if stores stocked large vehicles, so the prices would come down on them, but that's probably never gonna happen again.

My TRU will probably get in one case of these and they will sell out in 2 seconds.That is what happened with the Gunship and the Hunt for grevious battlepacks.A buddy found the Hunt for grevoius one night before they put them out and our TRU never got anymore in after that.I shows you how stupid the people who run our TRU are.

I shows you how stupid the people who run our TRU are.

No, the problem with TRU is that it has absolutely no policy against employees hording items. The only policy we have is that employees cannot buy items to resell them (i.e.: eBay). The big loophole in that policy is that the employee has to get caught actually dumping the items onto eBay once he or she has purchased them. Otherwise, we can't police what they do with their merchandise after purchase.

So if an employee hordes say, 30 VTSC Biker Scouts and then waits until they go on clearance (we even get an employee discount on clearanced items), they can then buy them for next to nothing, and then do whatever he or she sees fit with them. Open them, keep them MOC, or resell them for $5 more than their original price online...either way there's nothing that can be done once the merchandise leaves the store.

This is why a lot of things never see the light of day in many TRUs...I've had employees outright admit this to me. So your TRU may in fact get more exclusives in than you realize. It's a shame that the kids don't get a fair shot at a lot of these things, but its a goldmine for "insider" collectors and eBay sellers.

I don't know about other stores, but I do know that Walmart has an absolutely draconian policy against hording. If anyone is caught hiding items in the warehouse, among the layaway bins, etc...its grounds for immediate termination. Every store has its stance on this issue...unfortunately TRU is one of the stores that doesn't see it as that big a deal.

Guest McBragg

Which is idiotic, because Toys R Us needs all the customers it can get. It doesn't matter if the employees are spending money at the store, because if the consumer can't find what it wants, they shop elsewhere and probably keep shoping elsewhere. I know there's been plenty of times where I thought "why bother going to TRU, they never have anything?"

So if an employee hordes say, 30 VTSC Biker Scouts and then waits until they go on clearance (we even get an employee discount on clearanced items), they can then buy them for next to nothing, and then do whatever he or she sees fit with them. Open them, keep them MOC, or resell them for $5 more than their original price online...either way there's nothing that can be done once the merchandise leaves the store.

And that's a good thing how? If you are a manager you shouldn't let such BS go on in the store you work at.

And that's a good thing how? If you are a manager you shouldn't let such BS go on in the store you work at.

The situation I gave was not an actual case...I remembered Kenny Guido saying something about having a cache of Biker Scouts stashed away someplace, so I loosely used that as an example since that is an unusually large number of figures.

However, it DOES happen in my store---as well as most other TRUs---and its not against store policy so I can't enforce a policy that isn't on the books. But do I think its right? No I don't. Contrary to popular belief on this and other toy forums, toys are for children, not solely for collectors to horde or for scalpers to make an exhorbitant profit on the second-hand market. We sometimes lose sight of that fact. Until it becomes a problem in the eyes of those in higher positions of power than I'm in, nothing will change.

But I digress...

Hopefully, when this hits, I'll be able to get one.

The TRU nearest to me has a guy that does that, he's the employee thet stocks the action figure section, he's a hoarder. Every single figure that he thinks is going to be rare he either buys or stashes, and the worst thing is that he likes to brag about it.

I remember when the FF4 Super Skrull came out, I went to that TRU and the guy was putting out 2 cases of that series, I waited until he was done and proceeded to look for a Skrull, he asked me what figure I was looking for and I told him, he then told me "Oh, I got them all" with a smirk, and I said "Dude, are you allowed to do that" and he goes "I can do what I want, it's my store", I just smiled and walked off.

Everytime I see this guy stocking, all his cases are open which means he already went though them and pulled the rare or HTF figures. And when it comes to Clonetroopers? I haven't seen a single Clone at this store, save for a couple of Utapau Clones once in a while, but those things are everywhere.

So far this is the only TRU that I know of in my area that has this problem.

The TRU nearest to me has a guy that does that, he's the employee thet stocks the action figure section, he's a hoarder. Every single figure that he thinks is going to be rare he either buys or stashes, and the worst thing is that he likes to brag about it.

I remember when the FF4 Super Skrull came out, I went to that TRU and the guy was putting out 2 cases of that series, I waited until he was done and proceeded to look for a Skrull, he asked me what figure I was looking for and I told him, he then told me "Oh, I got them all" with a smirk, and I said "Dude, are you allowed to do that" and he goes "I can do what I want, it's my store", I just smiled and walked off.

Everytime I see this guy stocking, all his cases are open which means he already went though them and pulled the rare or HTF figures. And when it comes to Clonetroopers? I haven't seen a single Clone at this store, save for a couple of Utapau Clones once in a while, but those things are everywhere.

So far this is the only TRU that I know of in my area that has this problem.

I'd try complaining to the manager odds are its really not "his store" @loll@ odds are nothing will happen out of it though how ever if anyhting he may stop braging to you at least, & it would be worth the satisfaction if you got a couple dirty looks from him after words :D