The Hunt For George Lucas in Stormtrooper disguise just got easier

JayC

lol, I wonder if they're not selling as many as they thought they would, and that's the real reason to do this...

Around here, for a while, the Luke was one of the hardest to get, next they'll say you dont need the redemption form, lol.

"Effective immediately, consumers may send in five stickers from ANY mix of the five eligible figures. Certificates completed as such will be honored."

Well I guess I can allways buy me 5 clones, are they worth it? :D

& send in for one...

This just tells me though that the with the "said due date" on this offer running out they have a ton more left in stock than they thought they would :P & are in panic mode now " oh cra* what are we gona do with em all!!" I know lets "be nice" to the fans!! :)

what do these retail for in @can@ again anyone know ?

Guest McBragg

Shoot, even opening my other Sand Person, I'm a figure short, unless I open my extra Han. Hmmm...Meijer had the figures for $8.

GAH, I just tossed my extra POPs from my Tusken Raider and Han because I wasn't planning to track down all 5 figures either.

Dagnabit.

@eyerise@

@sad@

Not surprised really. Lets pay $10 for figures that will eventually probably end up in the saga line (like the stormtrooper/santrooper) with a redemption for a figure that's pretty much outdated pretentious crap. I bet they're sitting on mountains of lucas figures, that and wal-mart probably bitched them out that there's thousands of sand troopers greedos and hans sitting on pegs.

I bought two scout troopers, at $10 they weren't a good deal but I didn't mind paying as they are truly awesome. Even if I did buy all the vintage figures, I wouldn't send away for that lucas figure, if I want troop builders I have the far superior votc stormtrooper (and now the votc repainted sandtrooper).

I hope Hasbro learns from this, unfortunately I don't think they'll install another mail order figure.

What?! The Georgetrooper isn't moving as well as Hasbro's marketing guys thought?! You're joking! That's preposterous! (smell the sarcasm here?) <_<

Marketing Guy 1: "For the George Lucas figure offer, let's take a 7-year-old Stormtrooper sculpt and rework the Jorge Secul head to fit on it...and make it the Holy Grail of the Ultimate Galactic Hunt. To get it, you'll have to "hunt" for all 5 VTSC figures and get the POP stickers inside. The collectors will absolutely LOVE it!"

Marketing Guy 2: (looking confused through the entire meeting) "George Lucas? That's the guy who created Spiderman, right?"

Marketing Guy 1: "Who cares who he is. The collectors eat up whatever crap we sling at them. At $11 a figure, this is a goldmine!"

Around here, for a while, the Luke was one of the hardest to get, next they'll say you dont need the redemption form, lol.
It seems like you still need Luke for the order form, wonder if they will change that? If they do, I'll be happy to clear out some Tuskens and Bikers.

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=9732

OK, so I broke down and bought a few more $5 Vintage figures so I could get a Lucas Stormtrooper and get a couple extra figures to try customizing.

Really, these Imperial Georges might wind up being common and easily had for reasonable prices on the secondary market later, but I figure there's always a chance that once people have theirs, they could just disappear into peoples collections and not be sold off too. So I though I'd prevent regrets I might have later and I dropped my order in the mail today. Hopefully I'll have him in-hand in October or thereabouts.