Giving away my entire collection

Darque-Angel

you wouldn't part sepertaly would you ?.. theres a lot of joe stuff I'd love to have but most likely never will less I find em at a yardsale heh!

damn man if I lived near you i'd be on this in a heart beat @can@

allso if the event is bad & requires $$ or is something medical I think you should sell most of you're collection! If its some kinda cancer or virus or something like you should sell it rather than give away & donate the $$ you make towords finding a cure

anyways... just my 2 bits I know you asked not to talk about it but... :) thats all I'll say!

it is amazingly nice of you to just give it away with out a dout!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darque-Angel, you're a class act my friend. I really don't like the sound of "cataclysmic", so my thoughts and prayers are with ya man! God bless you! I'm getting rid of my own collection, or I might have considered this offer. I hope whomever you choose deserves and enjoys your generosity. I just hope and pray your problems are resolved.

Ari, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I pray that you get through it. Godspeed and Best Wishes to you my friend. I sent you an email. Email me if you ever need someone to talk to.

Seriously I think you owe it to yourself to not do anything rash. Take a couple of weeks to think about it. Think about what you're going to be doing and if you'll end up regretting it.

I've only been collecting Joes for a short time as I never had any as a kid (but always wanted them). My 4 year old son does get quite a kick out of them though. Today he sang what bits of the GI Joe theme song he knew for 40 minutes straight as loud as he could. Yesterday he turned to his mother and said that he needed more Cobra Troops even though he was playing with quite a few Crimson Guards. He'll yell "Yo Joe" at the top of his lungs in the most inappropriate places. like restaurants, day care, and even church. He told the pastor that shooting Cobra makes Jesus happy. We will look at each other and yell "Yo Joe" as loud as we can. These are the memories that I'll always cherish. Keep your collection and let your kids enjoy them.

wow, man. like everyone else said, my thoughts are definitely with you and i wish you all the best. i'm obviously pretty new around here, but i still have nothing but love for a fellow fan in need.

here's hoping things start to turn around for you.

--chris j

You got to be strong in dark times. I hope everything gets better for you, and I know who ever ends up with your collection will really enjoy it.

I find something funny here.....

all of us old schooler passed on the offer. I guess we know how long and hard it takes one to surmass a collection such as this as well as the blood, sweat and tears.

He asks that only the oldest members take interest.

the ones that are jumping on this have not even been members long enough to qualify!

I thought about sending an email...heck I still am thinking about it. Its logical for me I live in MD so i could drive to his location in a day get a hotel and chill. I just feel wrong succeeding off his demise. Still who knows....Hope everything works out for you though Darque.

You are in my thoughts...

Thank you all for your kind emails. I am close to making my choice (likely by the end of this week). I'll post who I chose IF it is ok with that person.

Unfortunately this is a pretty certain thing, as I wouldn't be doing this if there were ANY chance of avoidance.

Thank you all for your kind emails. I am close to making my choice (likely by the end of this week). I'll post who I chose IF it is ok with that person.

Unfortunately this is a pretty certain thing, as I wouldn't be doing this if there were ANY chance of avoidance.

Just know that all of us here, well most are here for you man, anytime you need a friend bro.

Just know that all of us here, well most are here for you man, anytime you need a friend bro.

Again I have to agree to wit someone we are all here give away or no give away!

I cant imagine the kind of life event that would make someone want to GIVE away such an amazing collection. I tried to pm but imagine this, your mailbox is full! shocking huh?

Anyways I hope that whatever it is that you and everyone close to you makes it through ok.

Phanstar

Again I have to agree to wit someone we are all here give away or no give away!

yup we are here for you. not your collection. this has to be a very hard thing to go through.your not alone we as your online fam are here for ya.

Darque-Angel--

Its not really any of my business, but are you being threatened with having your assets seized by a creditor of some kind? Or are you being forced to move with short notice?

If it the former, talk to a credit-counselor right away--as there's certainly laws and regulations that MIGHT prevent you losing such a large collection--and it should be no-cost. Seeking spot advice from a lawyer will not cost you anything either and if you haven't done so, do it NOW.

I've been down the road of bankruptcy, and because i didn't fully understand the process at the time, I thought my collection could be siezed to. That was NOT the case and the laws (in Canada) were set up to actually protect all the assets I had. I literally lost nothing but my credit rating--which I've since regained.

If some kind of insolvency is what you are facing, there ARE options for you.

Sorry, but the only reason I can see for something this dramatic and abrupt is something that appears to threaten your ownership of the collection itself. If its for any other reason, please accept my apologies and sympathies.

I do not like the fact that something has happened this bad to make you need to give it all up. So first off, you are in my prayers. Second, if Arrow is right, look into what he said. Third take Cynicforever up on the storage option if you can. I just hate to see you loose it all and be at a place again soon where you could have it back. I would never take it from you to keep, but if I was closer I would store it for you till you wanted it back. I really hope if a member here excepts your collection he will return it when you are in a better place. Best of luck in what ever is a matter!

Draven

Hi, I'm just a daily lurker on these forums, mostly in the Star Wars section. But I just feel I had to comment here.

I don't know this person at all, but I find it very bad that he's doing this. And also the fact that people are jumping on the chance.

It's obvious that Darque has taken great care of this collection, not to mention time spent aquiring it.

I hope that he reconsiders. It's obvious that he could get some decent $$ for this. The fact that that doesn't seem an option leads me to a conclusion that this is a seriously drastic matter.

Hopefully everything turns ok, and the collection can remain in Darques care like it has been for a long time.

OK, Well it has been an agonizing decision for me to make. There are a lot of you that undoubtedly would have been great picks, and I also want to say thanks for all the encouragement I got as well. You've been a great group, and I enjoyed posting/reading things here at TNI.

The person I chose is Action Figure Soundwave. I chose him because he already has a huge collection, and posts frequently on TNI. There were other reasons as well. Although he gave me permission to post his name, I do ask that everyone please respect my choice and not beset him with emails. I mainly chose him to try to keep the collection as intact as possible.

For everyone else, I wish I had more to give. As I said, there were so many worthy people. Without going into specifics about my condition, this is mainly health related, and I wanted to do this now while I am coherent enough to make sound decisions (please ask nothing more).

I'll still "lurk around" for a while at least as long as my health holds up. Thanks again -Ariel