Giving away my entire collection

Darque-Angel

Due to a cataclysmic event that has taken place in my life (please don't ask me to talk about it), I have decided that I would like to give away YES GIVE AWAY AS IN FREE, my entire GI Joe Collection to ONE individual. This is not a joke or prank in any way. Here are the conditions:

1. The person receiving the collection has to agree to keep it intact (I'm talking ONLY about the key figures/troops, not the myriad duplicates). I'm not looking to line someone's pockets here. I've been a collector since 1983, and have put great time and money in building this collection. Were not circumstances so dire, I would never part with it, but they are, so I want it to go to someone who will appreciate it.

2. I'm looking for someone who hopefully already has a large collection, and is mainly interested in 3 3/4" figures.

3. I won't charge a dime for the collection, but the person moving it must take care of getting it from Greensburg, PA. This is a large collection, so I'd recommend at least a U-Haul trailer or small truck.

4. PRIORITY GOES TO SOMEONE WHO HAS LONG BEEN AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF TNI

Most of the collection should be intact. Here are a few key items and highlights of what I had:

1. Roughly 5000 figures, mostly older ones. The collection was complete up to this year. lots of duplicates of troop builders and rarer figures

2. India neon-green Zap in the package (probably the rarest India figure)

3.India Snake Eyes (both the light blue and black/silver variety) in the package, along with a loose, perfect condition blue extra

4. Complete set of all 6 Walmart filecards (these are really rare), Nitro-Viper's file card, and a box full of most file cards from 1982 to present (after around 1993, I got lazy and stopped cutting them out)

5. Unopened box of Mission Brazil (~C4), plus at least 6 of each figure loose

6. A near-complete USS Flagg, complete A-10 thunderbolt (Rattler), and a number of other vehicles

7. All Con-exclusive figures from 2002 to present, along with most (not all) of the con vehicles. In addition, there's the 1994 Fighter Pilot exclusive figure, both versions of the "undercover Jinx" figure from 1993. NOTE: I also have all the con stuff from this year on order, along with all 3 of Alyosha's "Uncon" figures prepaid. If these items havent arrived by the time of pickup, I'll have them mailed out to the home of the person gaining the collection.

8. Lots of other foreign figures, some rarer than others, for example almost all the AF variants (including a carded TF Blizzard), The Mexican "Lunatrix" alien figures from 1994 Star Brigade, two carded Satan figures (with different, variant gear) etc...

9. Troop builders galore, especially newer ones, but a lot of older ones too. Only about maybe 1/2 the older ones have all their gear. For example: 52 1985 Crimson Guards, roughly 25 1985 Snowserpents, Around 25 1986 BATS, Close to 30 1986 Vipers, 11 AVAC's, about 10-15 1992 Headhunter Stormtroopers (6 in the package), 47 of the 2002 blue/grey Alley Vipers, 120+ Shadow Guards

10. Lots of rare Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and 1997 Bronze Bomber figures (about5-6 of each along with all gear and 3 of the packages) which I considered part of the GI Joe universe

11. There's lots of other stuff too including merchandise with the GI Joe logo on it, and a number of other GI Joe papers and accessories (large bins full of GI Joe gear).

These are just a few highlights I can think of off the top of my head. There's a lot of treasures in the collection, as one person will sure come to realize.

I ask that there be no fighting over this matter. Please send me an email telling me who you are and why you feel you should be the one I pick. Again, remember what my parameters are for whom I decide to pick, they are listed above. My email address is Ariel_Cyrus@yahoo.com The time it will take for me to make my choice is dependant upon the response I get, but my time is somewhat limited.

Thanks -Ariel

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man that sucks and thats very cool to give it to a collector who will love it. man from the sounds of it you could make alot of money and instead your willing to help out one luckie person i hope what every is happeing in your life works out.

man that sucks and thats very cool to give it to a collector who will love it. man from the sounds of it you could make alot of money and instead your willing to help out one luckie person i hope what every is happeing in your life works out.

I totally agree wit sean! I'm so sorry to see u are forced to get rid of I what I see so far as a great collection! Good luck Tni brother! Email sent I got an idea!

I agree with Xhairs-- I've had to give away a lot of my stuff in the past for various and sundry reasons. I just hope that things work out for you in the end.

As much as I would love it, I barely have enough room for what I have now, let alone 5000 more figures :P

Hope everything works out for you tho

#US1#

I'm sorry ot hear about this, I hope the best for you, your family and hope its not real serious, but it seems like it is. Kudos to you for what you're doing, one reason why I love TNI and the Joes section like they're part of my own family!!!

sending e-mail........

edit: cancel that.

I'd love to have the collection, and have some things even so long that I've had the since childhood (I still have my first two Transformers I ever bought, back from 1984 when they first came out), but realistically there's no way I could go to PA to get nor would I be able to afford the shipping on something that large.

Whoever gets it: good luck and I hope you're being honest and aren't thinking of Ebay as soon as you get it.

Darque-Angel, I hope the best for you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. You're a very generous person. If you need anything, feel free to contact me.

first, i'm here for you man. If you need anything, someone to talk to or whatever let me know

Yep I wit Ryan on this too as u seen wit other things in the pass goin on here u can talk to us all!

I'd jump at this chance if it were realistic for me to obtain it (live too far away and have no money for shipping). I guess I'll just tell myself that half the fun of collecting is hunting to complete my collection piece by piece rather than have it done in one swoop.

sending e-mail........

I'd love to have the collection, and have some things even so long that I've had the since childhood (I still have my first two Transformers I ever bought, back from 1984 when they first came out), but realistically there's no way I could go to PA to get nor would I be able to afford the shipping on something that large.

Whoever gets it: good luck and I hope you're being honest and aren't thinking of Ebay as soon as you get it.

That would be pretty sad of someone to do a thing like that and I would hope they would be banded from this board and may others! I would love to see his collection go on forever and not in parts in grimy hands!

You know whoever gets the collection should also promise in due time if things get better for him they will return it however they got it!!!!!! I think that is only fair! Cause it could be just a storage thing. So someone can help him out just as fast as they are willin to take it.

WOW!!

I could only imagine what it would take for someone to make such a tough choice like this.

I hope doing this helps you in your next step in life. God bless, and "YO JOE!!!!"

Peace, man.

sending e-mail........

That would be pretty sad of someone to do a thing like that and I would hope they would be banded from this board and may others! I would love to see his collection go on forever and not in parts in grimy hands!

You know whoever gets the collection should also promise in due time if things get better for him they will return it however they got it!!!!!! I think that is only fair! Cause it could be just a storage thing. So someone can help him out just as fast as they are willin to take it.

That would be even better in the event that he re-considers. I think a true friend would only hold it for a while to give him time to get through whatever he's dealing with to see if he really wants to get rid of it.

sending e-mail........

yup if they do that they should be hunt down and beaten to death. G i agree wit u 100% i hope that they would do this. and if you need to chat were all here for ya DA . i hope for the best .

Hey man Im sorry to hear you had some serious stuff happen to you. Just know that you are in my prayers. Im not saying that because you are giving away your collection, Im saying this because these guys showed me lots of love, when my dog passed away.

Just remember never give into the darkness. Keep your head up and your eyes on the light.

If you ever need to just chat or whatever PM or email me.