Battle Above The Sarlacc and Sith Lord Attack Battle Packs

JayC

Five repacks is better than four repacks and a new figure. At least for noncompletests like me.

I like the way the battle droids are packaged to look like they are being force pushed by Obi-wan. And that cardboard skiff is neat. But it's kind of mean to put out half a cardboard one when there are so many people out there that are still trying to get the actual one.

[sarcasm] Oh I'm so glad these will see retail where as that lame Imperial Officer set is destined to be an overpriced Diamond Exclusive. Just makes soooooooooo much more sense. [/sarcasm]

Guest McBragg

Mock-up of the Skiff mocking fans who want a rerelease. Like a punch to the face @smilepunch@

Boba Fett being grabbed by tentacles is pretty darn funny.

Boba and that Han cost $14 together, so.....it seems like an okay deal...but you don't get the carbonite block. And weequay is worth 2 cents on ebay, I think. Pote Snitkin I'd have preferred, or really Ja'quille. Accuracy-smackurracy!

the other set, in all honesty, I'd sooner buy a Gugan battle set. Which Maul is that?

Yeah, these are both pretty bad. Id buy the Naboo one if they took out the 3 jedi and tossed in 6 more battle droids, since theyre being double packed in a single blister next year, which means Hasbro thinks theyre worth half as much as a single figure.

Beware of rant:

SHI*TIEST BATTLEPACKS EVER!

i can't beleive with all the new great stuff coming that they would even waste time with this crap. hopefully it does not bump off the mace clone pack from the shelves.

WHOEVER THOUGHT OF THESE 2 PACKS SHOULD BE THROWN INTO THE SARLACC PIT!

end rant.

Good thing I will keep these two packs MISB.

I already recreated some of those scenes. ;)

Guest McBragg

Beware of rant:

i can't beleive with all the new great stuff coming that they would even waste time with this crap. hopefully it does not bump off the mace clone pack from the shelves.

end rant.

I gotta disagree, the Sarlacc one at least looks cool MIP, the worst battle pack was the Imperials vs. Rebels one from last years, which included at least 2 crappy looking figures (I don't own them), Throne Room Luke and Endor quick draw Han. Of course having main characters, it seemed to sell well, as these have the average consumer in mind, not just collectors.

I think the battle pack concept would be cool if they included a 3D environment like the Cantina and Jabba's palace ones from POTF. Of course I remember hasbro wanted $15 for those "playsets" back in the day.

Beware of rant:

end rant.

I cant argue with you on these sucking so hard...But I feel these are worse...

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/...vssepsboxfr.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/...bvsempboxfr.jpg

Beware of rant:

end rant.

I cant argue with you on these sucking so hard...But I feel these are worse...

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/...vssepsboxfr.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/...bvsempboxfr.jpg

actually you might be right! but the new ones still blow.

I managed to miss all of the figures in the skiff set except the Weequay way back when, so I'll be picking that set up for sure. I'll repaint Fett and be happy with the rest of the figures.

Sure, I can see some of the dismay by those who hate the repacks, but I'm certainly not one of those collectors, and those who are should feel free to skip these sets. That seems reasonable to me. And like someone else said, no matter how average these 2 news battle packs are, they're still cooler than the wretched Jedi vs Seperatists was in all its ##$%$#ed character selections lame mold choices.

Jedi vs. Seperatist...ATOC Anakin vs. Darth Maul?? :huh: Totally wrong movie!

I had forgotten that bizarre set.

I was about to say that, like "Uhh...did anyone mention to the guys that set up this pack that Maul was dead when Anakin was ten?" Unless you hold the Visionaries comics as canon...

Five repacks is better than four repacks and a new figure. At least for noncompletests like me.

I like the way the battle droids are packaged to look like they are being force pushed by Obi-wan. And that cardboard skiff is neat. But it's kind of mean to put out half a cardboard one when there are so many people out there that are still trying to get the actual one.

I had to do a double take when I first saw the 'skiff'. I may get it if I see it, for 3 or 4 of the figs; I wish they could kit-bash the Weequay or something though.

I don't have TPM versions of Obi-Wan or (of course) Qui-Gon, but, I'm just not that interested in that set; hopefully there will be good versions of them before too long.

I give them points for the packaging (backdrop/ 'poses') though.

We'll probably see a lot of these for Marvel Products... Imagine the possibilities! lol