3 3/4" G.I.Joe Plague Troopers Vs. Steel Brigade 6 Pack

JayC

Hmmm.

I will try to pick up 2 sets. Though I am definately going online for these, my TRU has stopped restocking the 3 3/4 joes and replaced them with 2.5 junk.

Right now, I'm thinking Guillotine will become a member of the Dreadnoks, Gallows and GrimskulL(what the hell is up with all the "G"s) will be Destro's personal bodyguards. No idea what I'm going to do with the Steel Brigade figures.

U guys are sofa king dissapointing. @smilepunch@ Cranky biaches.

Now that is funny.

Thanks for the pics JayC, I really like the painted accesories and it looks even better now that I get to see the figures packaged. I will be getting a few to use the SB as a generic character, as for the Viper pack, that is not even a questions I will be getting a few of that one too.

Guest McBragg

It looks like the flesh on the heads is molded that color, not painted. Looks better and won't rub due to removable helmets.

It's a pretty ambitious set, I'm still not crazy about 2 cobras using a recognizable Snake-Eyes body in very snake-eyes colors to boot....and the guy with the COILS body has the useless left hand, so he can't hold both weapons at once.

I like it.

It is what it is.

I'll probably be getting just one set.

Thats all I need., its not an army builder, for me.

Now the viper pack... he hehhehhee @hmmm@

I'll reserve final judgement for when I SEE these guys in person (even if, I suppose, it has to be online).

Though I can't say I care much for the colored equipment. Looks excellent (like that silver revolver in, I believe, Red Zone's hand), but I can't imagine it would stay looking that good after play wear. Besides, if they are spending extra money on something like THAT, I'd rather it be spent on making better figures.

How come these guys don't have STEEL BRIGADE helmets?

As for the Cobras, well Gallows looks kinda cool (looks MASSIVE in the pick). What I think woulda been better than reusing the Snake Eyes mold woulda been using the basic body mold of the "original" figure. Grim Skull was a Sand Viper, so they coulda used the Sand Viper body (at least the torso and waist) and Gallows was a S.A.W.-Viper (thus using Rollbar's torso/waist). Basically, give the character some attachment or reminder of WHERE they came from.

Personally, I think these aren't going to sell as well as Hasbro wants them too (at least as far as making the "rest" of the Plague Troopers. Hard to say what the "minimum" would be). The Steel Brigade figures are a bit lackluster and the Cobras might have been better as army builders which, while counter to the very idea of the Plague Troopers is what, I think, more people want.

I'll probably pick this pack up anyway....I wonder if it would be that difficult to just MAKE a "correct" version of Grim Skull and Gallows?

U guys are sofa king dissapointing. @smilepunch@ Cranky biaches. I could never live with people as finicky as yourselves. This is a sweet set. Buy a crapload for poppa Hasbro so they'll keep it up.

Sorry but I am not gonna buy stuff I don't like for the sake of helping them. That's what they count on when they decide to recycle some of the worst figures just to get off cheap.

The figs look nice, good accessories 2, I'll definetely be getting 1 set possible two

And I'm glad I finally got my answer "they be available in TRU in upcoming months

SCORE @smilepunch@

I can't wait to get this set! Despite the re-used bodies (which we know are necessary in the DTC line), we get three new Joes, three new Cobras, new head sculpts, some new accessories, and well-written file cards. I especially like Rook's story.

I won't be getting the Viper pack, since I switched to the new-sculpt Vipers a long time ago.

Guest McBragg

Personally, I think these aren't going to sell as well as Hasbro wants them too (at least as far as making the "rest" of the Plague Troopers. Hard to say what the "minimum" would be). The Steel Brigade figures are a bit lackluster and the Cobras might have been better as army builders which, while counter to the very idea of the Plague Troopers is what, I think, more people want.

If it's like other new sculpt multi-packs, it'll be gathering dust at Toys R Us for months after its release.

At least that's true here. All the Nam comic packs sold out, leaving the Devil's Due ones all alone on pegs. Guess that's FAN'S CHOICE WINNER for you. <_<

Some BAT ATTACK packs sold, but follow up shipments started piling up with Viper Lockdown. So much for army builders.

I dunno if it's because they are new sculpts. single cards sold well, except Salvo, and maybe footloose. Maybe Hasbro was onto something when they released main characters in the 3 and 6-packs? Your casual fan will see Plague vs Steel Brigade and just think "who?" For all the talk of 3 3/4" Gi joe needing to reinvent itself, perhaps nostalgia draws more outsiders in than all these new characters, obscure character remakes and new designs.

Despite the re-used bodies (which we know are necessary in the DTC line), we get three new Joes, three new Cobras, new head sculpts, some new accessories, and well-written file cards. I especially like Rook's story.

Sure it is a necessity. But that doesn't mean they can't mix and match parts some. Grim Skull, for example, looks to be ALL Snake Eyes (with, of course, the new head). Would it have killed them to throw on some different arms and or legs? Put a bit of VARIETY in there?

If it's like other new sculpt multi-packs, it'll be gathering dust at Toys R Us for months after its release.

At least that's true here. All the Nam comic packs sold out, leaving the Devil's Due ones all alone on pegs. Guess that's FAN'S CHOICE WINNER for you. <_<

Some BAT ATTACK packs sold, but follow up shipments started piling up with Viper Lockdown. So much for army builders.

I dunno if it's because they are new sculpts. single cards sold well, except Salvo, and maybe footloose. Maybe Hasbro was onto something when they released main characters in the 3 and 6-packs? Your casual fan will see Plague vs Steel Brigade and just think "who?" For all the talk of 3 3/4" Gi joe needing to reinvent itself, perhaps nostalgia draws more outsiders in than all these new characters, obscure character remakes and new designs.

I think a lot of it has to with the choices made. For example, the DD comic pack one because EVERYONE that voted for it wanted a new Cover Girl (don't kid yourself if you want to say it was for Spirit). But the end result was...weaker...than expected (that new neck joint looks horrid on Cover Girl).

I don't believe it was necessary to have the "Steel Brigade" characters at all. Sure, new characters are nice and the Plague Troop concept is interesting, but yeah, nostalgia DOES draw more people in then "new" characters. Why else would they make Low-Light, for example, resemble his version 1...version? They could have easily just left the Plague Troopers as the new characters and, instead of the Steel Brigade characters, just included some older Joe characters (Hardball, Dial-Tone and Hit & Run or something). As someone else pointed out, the original concept of the Steel Brigade was to allow a kid to "be part of the team," but this isn't that any more.

I'm just wondering if the next pack of Steel Brigade characters will include Old Spice as a character.

Despite the re-used bodies (which we know are necessary in the DTC line), we get three new Joes, three new Cobras, new head sculpts, some new accessories, and well-written file cards. I especially like Rook's story.

Sure it is a necessity. But that doesn't mean they can't mix and match parts some. Grim Skull, for example, looks to be ALL Snake Eyes (with, of course, the new head). Would it have killed them to throw on some different arms and or legs? Put a bit of VARIETY in there?

I think a lot of it has to with the choices made. For example, the DD comic pack one because EVERYONE that voted for it wanted a new Cover Girl (don't kid yourself if you want to say it was for Spirit). But the end result was...weaker...than expected (that new neck joint looks horrid on Cover Girl).

I don't believe it was necessary to have the "Steel Brigade" characters at all. Sure, new characters are nice and the Plague Troop concept is interesting, but yeah, nostalgia DOES draw more people in then "new" characters. Why else would they make Low-Light, for example, resemble his version 1...version? They could have easily just left the Plague Troopers as the new characters and, instead of the Steel Brigade characters, just included some older Joe characters (Hardball, Dial-Tone and Hit & Run or something). As someone else pointed out, the original concept of the Steel Brigade was to allow a kid to "be part of the team," but this isn't that any more.

I'm just wondering if the next pack of Steel Brigade characters will include Old Spice as a character.

Ok im a new sculpt guys and i like haveing them in 6packs and around here in my area they have sold out time and time agin. so i guss it all depands on were you live.

Ok so you would want 20 more dukes and snake eyes then get "new" characters? I mean we need a change from time to time. i mean were luckie to get any of the older characters.i wish we could get characters like Rock & Roll, Hit n Run, Barbecue, Quick Kick or any others that they have lost the name to or what ever.

I for one only want maybe 1 or 2 of the same old characters IE duke ,snakeyes etc. Yes all they did was changed the heads so what that mold is a great choice for them.They look bad a** and they gave us some realy cool gear. IMO thats what makes the set.

Yes i realy dont like the grunt/slavo/SB mold but hey thats what they wanted to use yes they could of done it better for the whole DTC line. As for me as a customizer i see things in a dif light . all there mistakes gives me more stuff to fix , make better ,and improve on there figs.

ill be getting at least 4 of them and 1 viper pack to keep moc as i do for the comic/6packs of the RAH stuff.

I really like these. I'm getting at least 1 and then will decide if I am army building. It will be difficult though. If it wasn't coming out the same time as the Viper pack I'd be getting at least 3. But it will be hard to justify 3 of these and 4-5 of the vipers to my wife.

Ok im a new sculpt guys and i like haveing them in 6packs and around here in my area they have sold out time and time agin. so i guss it all depands on were you live.

Ok so you would want 20 more dukes and snake eyes then get "new" characters? I mean we need a change from time to time. i mean were luckie to get any of the older characters.i wish we could get characters like Rock & Roll, Hit n Run, Barbecue, Quick Kick or any others that they have lost the name to or what ever.

I for one only want maybe 1 or 2 of the same old characters IE duke ,snakeyes etc. Yes all they did was changed the heads so what that mold is a great choice for them.They look bad a** and they gave us some realy cool gear. IMO thats what makes the set.

Don't put words in my mouth. Even HASBRO knows we are sick of seeing Snake Eyes, Duke, Heavy Duty, Gung Ho, Destro, Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow. Why do you think we haven't SEEN any of them since DTC started (which, I'm sure we would have had the line stayed in stores instead of going to "haitus" and online).

I just think that a 6-pack has room for both new AND old characters. In this case, the Plague characters could have the been the NEW and the "Steel Brigade" characters could have been the old. That's why I mentioned Hardball, Hit & Run and Dial-Tone off the top of my head.

Look at the Cobra Lockdown. G.I. Jane was new, G.I. Joe was, technically, new and Interrogator could an awesome update. And, of course, army builders.

And just making new heads? They have PLENTY of parts and all they do is new heads? Would it have been THAT difficult to throw on, say Night Creeper's arms, for example (instead of all Snake Eyes or whatever)?

I like the pack and bought it right away. But I only need 1. Maybe Hasbro is just making too many of the non army builders. You only need so many Footloose or Salvo or Covergirl figs.

Don't put words in my mouth. Even HASBRO knows we are sick of seeing Snake Eyes, Duke, Heavy Duty, Gung Ho, Destro, Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow. Why do you think we haven't SEEN any of them since DTC started (which, I'm sure we would have had the line stayed in stores instead of going to "haitus" and online).

I just think that a 6-pack has room for both new AND old characters. In this case, the Plague characters could have the been the NEW and the "Steel Brigade" characters could have been the old. That's why I mentioned Hardball, Hit & Run and Dial-Tone off the top of my head.

Look at the Cobra Lockdown. G.I. Jane was new, G.I. Joe was, technically, new and Interrogator could an awesome update. And, of course, army builders.

And just making new heads? They have PLENTY of parts and all they do is new heads? Would it have been THAT difficult to throw on, say Night Creeper's arms, for example (instead of all Snake Eyes or whatever)?

pesatyel i never ment to put words in your mouth i was just saying. no your right the lack of crearivte from them has beeen very poor. but that mold fits the idea of what they were trying to do. but yes they could do so much better. i see what you mean about old vs new characters.