Ultimate Avengers 2 DVD

myco72

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you are suppose to talk about where you download stuff from :S THough Iam my self as well :D I am doing the first one as well, if I like them then I will most likely pick up a two pack if they put one out :)

Do I need to watch the first one first in order to watch/understand/enjoy the second one?..

I'd say so

Well Icouldn't wait and watched the 2nd one anyways... I LIKE THESE THINGS!!! THey are not bad at all!! Wouldn't mind this becoming aregular toon series one bit... kinda spoiled me for the first one though but ah well, will still be fun to watch!

these are deffinitly worth buying

Well, I just finished watching it. It had many flaws, but overall it was alot better than the first one. I actually enjoyed watching it.

I'll try to post some minimate pics.

I picked it up the other day at TRU for $11.99 (after originally being rung up for $14.99). Watch out for that because I think that happened to somebody else in this thread too. I chose the Iron Man Minimate (obviously).

The movie was alright, but I couldn't help but feel just a little bit disappointed.

My observations: (SPOILERS below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

---I thought that the animation was pretty good and on par with the first one. I don't see why so many people complain about it on other message boards I've been to. It's a lot better than most of the anime, Pokemon, and DBZ garbage out there.

---gotta love the violence (stabbings, shootings, disintegrations, broken necks); this one isn't for the kiddies

---ALL of the heroes are seriously depowered compared to their comic Ultimate counterparts, and even more than their 616 counterparts (ie. Iron Man taken out by a spear and a log?)

---glad to see Tony's armory onscreen and the War Machine Armor in action

---not enough Hulk (in fact, almost none)

---glad to have Black Panther in the mix, but Black Panther's costume gave me horrific flashbacks of Halle Berry's Catwoman suit

---some of the characterizations were a little off (ie. Black Panther and Cap). Also, they really seem to downplay the aspect of Stark's brains and ingenuity and focus more on his playboy/glory hog persona.

---Tony Stark is the man

---nice nod to Tony's drinking problem when we constantly see a drink in Tony's hand every time he's not inside the armor

---Thor brings Tony back to life but proceeds to let Hank croak? (granted Hank Pym is pretty much useless, but still.)

---absolutely LOVED the Ultimate Gag Reel (sponsored by Tony Stark's House of Ribs). That scene with Giant Man was priceless. Also, see if you can spot the references to other movies (ie. Empire Strikes Back and Superman)

Overall, it was okay, but I'm not complaining. I'm just glad that we even got a decent animated Avengers movie in the first place. I do like the 1st one better, if only for the Hulk rampage.

Hopefully the upcoming animated Iron Man flick that was among the DVD's previews will be better.

Here it is.

New version is on the left.

UltimateAvengers2.jpg

The plastic and paint used on the minimate both seem to be darker, but hardly noticable. Ultimate Avenger's beard is a dark blue/grey rather than the lighter grey on the regular. The only design differences seems to be that this version has the same rings around his feet that the regular version has only around his hands. This version also seems to have better paint applications one the helmet, but that difference could just be from random factory quality.

I'm wishing I had got Cap now, considering the new face I think he has. I got Iron Man, basically for the curiosity of finding out what was under his helmet. I like my new Iron Man better than the old one anyway so I guess it isn't a huge mistake.

I saw that the price was listed as 11.99 too, but I also got ringed up for 14.99, and only noticed it after I left. :(

they come with different minimates?.. What ones?..

thats kinda cool actaully!! Does the original dvd come with a minimate as well? I've allways been a fan of the buy a toy and get a dvd or something with it idea so why not buy a dvd and get a toy as well :D Would be sweet if they put enough dvds out you could get a entire avengerse set ... if only they were indeed more toon based though :P

they come with different minimates?.. What ones?..

thats kinda cool actaully!! Does the original dvd come with a minimate as well? I've allways been a fan of the buy a toy and get a dvd or something with it idea so why not buy a dvd and get a toy as well :D Would be sweet if they put enough dvds out you could get a entire avengerse set ... if only they were indeed more toon based though :P

Ultimate Avengers 2 (at least the TRU version) comes with your choice of Iron Man or Captain America. Packaging is the same for both characters.

The first one didn't come with a minimate unfortunately.

i just got mine at toys r us and you NEED TO REMEMBER to tell them it is 11.99 NOT 14.99.

i also got a mini mate with mine but i got capt america NOT iron man. are there any other minimates packed in besides these two? my capt america version was teh last one otherwise they just had IM ones left.

whats cap like, you got pics?

he has a little shield and an extra hand(you have to take his gloved hand off to he can use his shield)looks nifty but there is no hair painted on the head under the cap which was kinda sad. otherwise it is a nifty lil fig. i never bought any of the other minimates but i like him

Locally, I called Best Buy, Circuit City, and Target, and all three had it on-sale for $12.99.

Sounds about right.

Although, I'm not sure what, if any, bonuses come with it at each store.

I stopped by TRU today and nothing on it says $11.99 ... just $14.99. Where does the $11.99 come into play?

I dunno if they changed it, or if it's th store you're at, but there is a little sticker on most packages that list the price as 11.99.

A friend of mine from Fwoosh saw UA2 for $9.99 @ Circuit City. Grabbed it up quick! The LR CC has a tendency to sell new DVD's on their opening day for $10.

TRU had the $11.99 sticker, but it was marked out & rang up @ the register for $14.99. I couldn't talk 'em into the deal... @hmmm@

(SPOILERS below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(1.) ---I thought that the animation was pretty good and on par with the first one. I don't see why so many people complain about it on other message boards I've been to. It's a lot better than most of the anime, Pokemon, and DBZ garbage out there.

(2.) ---gotta love the violence (stabbings, shootings, disintegrations, broken necks); this one isn't for the kiddies

(3.) ---ALL of the heroes are seriously depowered compared to their comic Ultimate counterparts, and even more than their 616 counterparts (ie. Iron Man taken out by a spear and a log?)

(4.) ---glad to see Tony's armory onscreen and the War Machine Armor in action

(5.) ---not enough Hulk (in fact, almost none)

(6.) ---glad to have Black Panther in the mix, but Black Panther's costume gave me horrific flashbacks of Halle Berry's Catwoman suit

(7.) ---some of the characterizations were a little off (ie. Black Panther and Cap). Also, they really seem to downplay the aspect of Stark's brains and ingenuity and focus more on his playboy/glory hog persona.

(8.) ---Tony Stark is the man

(9.) ---nice nod to Tony's drinking problem when we constantly see a drink in Tony's hand every time he's not inside the armor

(10.) ---Thor brings Tony back to life but proceeds to let Hank croak? (granted Hank Pym is pretty much useless, but still.)

(11.) ---absolutely LOVED the Ultimate Gag Reel (sponsored by Tony Stark's House of Ribs). That scene with Giant Man was priceless. Also, see if you can spot the references to other movies (ie. Empire Strikes Back and Superman)

(1.) I'll second that. I much prefer this style of animation over anime, anyday.

(2.) True, however, my 6 and 4 yr. olds loved it.

(3.) I believe that their spears are made out of Vibranium. They used the Vibranium from the meteor to create weapons.

(4.) Yes, and it doesn't even bother me that it wasn't piloted by James Rhodes.

(5.) Yes, they definitely needed to show him beating up more of the Turdtauri... er, Craptauri... no, I mean Chitauri. BTW, why is spelled Chitauri when they pronounce it like Shitauri, or is it just me?

(6.) LOL! They did take some liberties, didn't they. His projectile claws must have been really long, because when BP got shot with one of his own, the point was sticking out of his back and the bottom was sticking out of his chest.

(7.) I thought Caps portrayal was okay. I've never been a fan of Iron Man, so, it doesn't bother me. Black Panther was definitely off, though.

(8.) Captain America is the man, and the Black Widow is the woman.

(9.) I hope they play more on that in the Iron Man animated movie.

(10.) Yeah, I was like, "WTF ???" Thor brings Tony back to life and Tony looks and Thor and says, "You really are a god." Thor nods his head. I didn't know what was going on with Pym. I kept watching for them to show him in the hospital or something. Then, they show Betty Ross looking into Bruce's empty cell and the Wasp says, "At least he's still out there." And then they do the scene where they're looking at Hanks picture surrounded by wreaths and plants. I'm like, "Some god Thor turned out to be. He saved Tony but not Hank. Maybe Thor doesn't care for wife beaters, or something. But, he'll save a drunk. Thor's no Jesus!"

(11.) I was ROTFLMAO !!! I had to replay the scene where Hulk was beating the crap out of Iron Man to understand he was saying, "HULK NO WANT RIBS !!!"

What's wrong with the "QUOTES" ??? Is there a limit to how many quotes one can have in a post? Would that mess it up?