Death Squad Troopers

Whitewolf

And they may have saved Jango's DNA for future batches, because otherwise they'd be copying copies which would degrade clone quality...at least according to Star Trek!

stop comparing apples to oranges!

they are 2 different animals!!!

Since when was it announced that all the Imperial forces were clones? From what I recall, it was announced just the opposite - that the Empire mostly recruited but used SOME clones too (though all the Jango ones had expired and thusly new clone templates were hired). I mean you can SEE the faces of Death Star Troopers, they just have oversized helmets on, but their faces are not covered up. They most certainly aren’t Jango. Then there is the fact that in the first batch of DVD’s, they added new things INCULDING Boba’s voice being changed to Jangos - but left all the Stormtroopers voices the same. In the over all trilogy, Stormtroopers don’t talk all THAT much so it’s not like it was that much of an undertaking.

….I can just see it now, the 3-D versions will have storm troopers with Jango’s voice. *sigh*

Someone really needs to stop Lucas, just shoot him for all I care. Stop toying with you’re movies.

since when?

ever since the STAR WARS INSIDER stated that stormtroopers were both clones and recruits.

Thats just it, since when were ALLthe imperial forces said to be clones? Apparently you didn't read my post all that clearly.

no, actually I didnt read it entirely, not clearly! ;)

my bad.

I see the Death Star Trooper as an Imperial Officer in training.

And at somepoint the Empire thought it might not be so wise to let the clones govern themselves, which I'm guessing is why we don't see any Clone Commanders in the OT.

let's be realistic:

Lucas did not have the capibilities to use the same person in mutiple shots until many years later.

why do we ask such silly questions whereas we know the truth is quite evident because there was simply a lack of technoligy (in this case, there had not been any technoligy that was able to do as he now tries to explain.)

all we can do now is just "theorize" what could have been.

im sure if this question burns deep inside of Lucas long enough, he will change all the imperials into clones (Jangos) by the time the ORIGINAL TRILOGY hits theaters again in 3-D.

watch.......I stated it here first.

as for not seeing any CLONE COMMANDERS in th ORIGINAL TRILOGY.....why should there be? The Clone wars were over thus there were no more Clone armies.

how about this. the vast inconsistencies between the original trilogy and the new trilogy obviously reveal changes in ideas or simply that certain elements were not even conceived when the originally trilogy was filmed and were only thought of later.

despite the lack of technology to duplicate people in 1977, if Lucas indeed had the idea that they were all one "model" of clone, at the least he would have made them all the same size, but if you watch the films they aren't. how could this be, if the idea was already thought of back then but it just wasn't technologically feasible. heck, just having Luke and Han two different sizes in Storm Trooper disguise would have sent off alarms in the Death Star, because everyone they passed would have seen the size difference and known it wans't possible. see, the reasons are more tha njust technology, or Lucas would have compensated for it in other ways and at least made sure all Storm Troopers are identical in at least size.

the point is, you can choose to be a sheep and BAAA your way as George feeds you, or you can be pessimistic as I am. the point is one of us is wrong, and logic favors my position.

I see the Death Star Trooper as an Imperial Officer in training.

And at somepoint the Empire thought it might not be so wise to let the clones govern themselves, which I'm guessing is why we don't see any Clone Commanders in the OT.

let's be realistic:

Lucas did not have the capibilities to use the same person in mutiple shots until many years later.

why do we ask such silly questions whereas we know the truth is quite evident because there was simply a lack of technoligy (in this case, there had not been any technoligy that was able to do as he now tries to explain.)

all we can do now is just "theorize" what could have been.

im sure if this question burns deep inside of Lucas long enough, he will change all the imperials into clones (Jangos) by the time the ORIGINAL TRILOGY hits theaters again in 3-D.

watch.......I stated it here first.

as for not seeing any CLONE COMMANDERS in th ORIGINAL TRILOGY.....why should there be? The Clone wars were over thus there were no more Clone armies.

how about this. the vast inconsistencies between the original trilogy and the new trilogy obviously reveal changes in ideas or simply that certain elements were not even conceived when the originally trilogy was filmed and were only thought of later.

despite the lack of technology to duplicate people in 1977, if Lucas indeed had the idea that they were all one "model" of clone, at the least he would have made them all the same size, but if you watch the films they aren't. how could this be, if the idea was already thought of back then but it just wasn't technologically feasible. heck, just having Luke and Han two different sizes in Storm Trooper disguise would have sent off alarms in the Death Star, because everyone they passed would have seen the size difference and known it wans't possible. see, the reasons are more tha njust technology, or Lucas would have compensated for it in other ways and at least made sure all Storm Troopers are identical in at least size.

the point is, you can choose to be a sheep and BAAA your way as George feeds you, or you can be pessimistic as I am. the point is one of us is wrong, and logic favors my position.

we all know Lucas has many faces and his story changes as quik as the wind changes direction. I go with I see, not much of what he says anymore.

come on, 25 years ago, he said there would be "9" movies. now he said "I never said that", but it's print. back then, E 4,5 & 6 was about a story of a boy on a farm. now that E 1, 2, & 3 are done, he says the whole series is about VADER, and only VADER.

Yes, he should have used actors of the same height but I guess hollywood didnt have that many same size actors to spare at the time.

all he can do it now is just pile on the #$## until the smell is so unbearable that we stop complaining and just accept what he gives us.

\

I think Leia's line about Luke being a little short for a Stormtrooper sums it up. If the Troopers where not clones, then they must have at least had some sort of required height limit. Which would seem odd, as long as a trooper could hold a blaster and fit in the armor (both of which Luke could do.) then why wouldn't people of his height be Stormtroopers? Well the most logical reason is cause the Troopers are clones.

The two different sizes is kinda a suspend disbelief thing. I mean in a world where ships are always somehow rightside up in a space, like they had a meeting and decided which way would be up, is it that hard to accept? There is another case of this that was cut from the orginal Star Wars where Luke, Han, Leia and Chewie all hide their guns behind their back as they walk past a group of Imperial Officers.

But really people did notice that Luke was too short. The best example of this is when they enter the detention block. The officer there senses something is amiss as soon as they walk off the lift. He even sicks his guards on them while he goes to check out the prisoner transfer. So it's not like it went unnoticed on board the Death Star.

And the logical reason why they arn't all the same height in SW (they are actually closer to the same height in ESB and ROTJ, just further proving the fact that they were always suppose to be clones.) is that all of SW interior shots where shot in England where they have stricter union rules. Add to that the fact that Lucas was short on money and rushing through production he had a limited pool of extras to pick from. There does seem to be an attempt to at least keep the troopers close to the same size even if it isn't exact. There are no extremely tall or short troopers, nor are there any really skinny or really fat ones. He did the best with what he had. If he had shot a New Hope as the forth film instead of the first, I'm pretty sure all the troopers would have been the same size. And we'd all be debating why if they are battle droids are some of them taller then the others.

Guest McBragg

There are no extremely tall or short troopers, nor are there any really skinny or really fat ones. He did the best with what he had. If he had shot a New Hope as the forth film instead of the first, I'm pretty sure all the troopers would have been the same size. And we'd all be debating why if they are battle droids are some of them taller then the others.

That debate already happened over 20 years ago! In grade school I knew kids who swore up and down that Stormtroopers were robots! Like Han and Luke gutted some robots and wore their shells!

There are no extremely tall or short troopers, nor are there any really skinny or really fat ones. He did the best with what he had. If he had shot a New Hope as the forth film instead of the first, I'm pretty sure all the troopers would have been the same size. And we'd all be debating why if they are battle droids are some of them taller then the others.

That debate already happened over 20 years ago! In grade school I knew kids who swore up and down that Stormtroopers were robots! Like Han and Luke gutted some robots and wore their shells!

You know...I remember some people saying that when I was a kid as well. I never really thought about it. Stormtroopers where just Stormtroopers to me. But a buddy of mine who is a little older then me said he always thought they were clones due to the line about the Clone Wars and Lei’s "A little short" line.