NFL 2006

xpinxbotx

So the NFL season is about to start up. I have a game that could be fun. Pick who goes to the playoffs now. Do it again after week one. Again after week 10. and We can compare from there. Make sense???

NFC

Panthers, Seahawks, Bears, Cowboys. Wild Card.....Eagles and the...............................Falcons.

AFC

Dolphins, Broncos, Steelers, Jaguars. Wild Card.....Bengals and .......................Colts.

who knows as of now. but why not.

it will be interesting how much it changes or doesn't change from now to week 10.

mkay, I'm game:

AFC-

East - Miami

North - Cincinnati

South - Indy

West - Kansas City

Wildcards - Jax, Denver

NFC -

East - Washington

North - Chicago

South - Carolina

West - Seattle

Wildcards - Tampa Bay, New York (possibly dallas)

• 3 weeks later...

AFC

North: Ravens

East: Patriots

South: Colts

West: Chiefs

Wildcard: Steelers,Dolphins

NFC

North: Bears

East: Cowboys

South:Panthers

West: Seahawks

Wildcard: Giants,Cardinals

Super Bowl XL

Patriots over Panthers

Here's my predictions in order of playoff rank:

AFC

South: Colts

West: Chiefs

North: Bengals

Wild Cards: Ravens (5), Broncos (6)

NFC

East: Cowboys

South: Panthers

Wild Cards: Eagles (5), Cardinals (6)

Wild Card Round AFC:

Chiefs Over Broncos

Ravens Over Bengals

Wild Card Round NFC:

Bears Over Cardinals

Panthers Over Eagles

Divisional Round AFC:

Patriots Over Ravens

Colts Over Chiefs

Divisional Round NFC:

Cowboys Over Panthers

Bears Over Seahawks

AFC Championship:

Patriots Over Colts

NFC Championship:

Cowboys Over Bears

Super Bowl:

Patriots Over Cowboys

I think I have an idea of who I like now:

AFC East: Dolphins

AFC North: Bengals

AFC South: Colts

AFC West: Chargers

Wildcards: Broncos, Patriots

NFC East: Cowboys

NFC North: Packers

NFC South: Panthers

NFC West: Seahawks

Wildcards: Cardinals, Falcons

Super Bowl 41: Dolphins over Panthers

I think Culpepper and Chambers will have an unbelievable season and lead them to the Super Bowl. Who knows?

I surprised how many people are not picking the Steelers to even make the playoffs this year.

I will be surprised if Miami does anything with Culpepper as the QB. I watched him choke under pressure for years with the Vikings. Dolphin fans may have a long season ahead if he is their starter. He doesn't do well outdoors on grass and he does even worse vs AFC teams. I can see him having more nights like last night ahead.

Great topic!!!

Here goes....

AFC

East / Patriots

North / Bengals

South / Colts

West / Broncos

Wild Card / Chiefs - Steelers

NFC

East / Cowboys

North / Vikings

South / Pathers

West / Seahawks

Wild Card / Giants - Cardnals

No Super Bowl Predictions just yet....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it might be a little easier to pick two weeks into it, so I'll give it a go:

AFC

North: Ravens

South: Jaguars

West: Chargers

Wildcards: Colts / Broncos

NFC

South: Falcons

East: Giants

Wildcards: Eagles / Vikings

It's hard for me to admit that I don't think my Bucs are going to make it this year. They're just playing like crap right now. It'll take something big to turn them around from their current position. And I'd like to root for the Dolphins after their great finish last year, but Culpepper just isn't in rhythm with the rest of the offense right now, and it shows badly. You might notice I left out the defending champs. Quite frankly, I see them barely making .500 for the season. The Jags beat em up bad on Monday night. You can't lose Burress and Bettis on offense and expect it not to affect your team. Maybe this will be the year where people realize Roethlisburger isn't all he's hyped up to be.

Well i didn't do it after week one like I orignally wanted but after week 2 is just as good.

NFC

Falcons, Seahawks, Bears, Giants. Wild Card.....Eagles and the Panthers.

(i took the panters out of winning the south and the cowboys out period. Giants are gonna take that division.)

AFC

Jets, Broncos, Bengals, Jaguars. Wild Card.....Ravens and .......................Colts.

(Dolphins are definitly coming out. steelers won't win the division or make it in to the playoffs. Ravens jump in.)

I'll re-do my picks. Miami is looking horrible with Culpepper so I have take them out completely (though I'm sure they're rebound against the miserable Titans this week). Patriots take over the East while the Jaguars squeeze in at a wildcard spot.

So far this year, AFC doesn't look as good as last year.

AFC East: Patriots

AFC North: Bengals

AFC South: Colts

AFC West: Chargers

Wildcards: Jaguars, Broncos

I was nuts to think the Packers would rebound and the the North. Bears take that no doubt now. I'll also switch the Falcons and Panthers with the South and wildcard spots.

NFC East: Cowboys

NFC North: Bears

NFC South: Falcons

NFC West: Seahawks

Wildcards: Cardinals, Panthers

Super Bowl 41: Colts over Bears

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The division leaders are pretty much set. As for the Super Bowl, I'm really hoping it's the Saints and Chargers. There's so many storylines there if it would happen. For example, the record-breaker L.T., the future Reggie Bush, the QB mentor versus student (Drew Brees against Phillip Rivers), and not to mention the resurrection of the Saints in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Just imagine how explosive the offenses would be.

The division leaders are pretty much set. As for the Super Bowl, I'm really hoping it's the Saints and Chargers. There's so many storylines there if it would happen. For example, the record-breaker L.T., the future Reggie Bush, the QB mentor versus student (Drew Brees against Phillip Rivers), and not to mention the resurrection of the Saints in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Just imagine how explosive the offenses would be.

I wonder how many Super Bowl rushing records LT could break?

• 2 weeks later...