Marvel Legends Face Off Refresher cases

ChilkoD

I'm located in Eastern Ohio. My local Walmart just got 2 cases (18 2 packs) for the first wave of these figures. They did not come in a regular ToyBiz box. The box had D07 in a circle and Marvel Legends Face Off 2 packs was printed on the side of it. There were NO variant 2 packs in either cases!!! They were all regular 2 packs (which is good b/c I traded my Cap/Skull pack away when I first got it). Just giving my fellow TNIers the heads up. Has anyone else seen this.

I'm located in Eastern Ohio. My local Walmart just got 2 cases (18 2 packs) for the first wave of these figures. They did not come in a regular ToyBiz box. The box had D07 in a circle and Marvel Legends Face Off 2 packs was printed on the side of it. There were NO variant 2 packs in either cases!!! They were all regular 2 packs (which is good b/c I traded my Cap/Skull pack away when I first got it). Just giving my fellow TNIers the heads up. Has anyone else seen this.

the "D07" stands for department 7, the toy department. No Toybiz logo anywhere on the box?

I have only seen that happen once, and that was the Fearsome Foes boxset...

the 2-packs have probably hit my stores, but I haven't been looking for a few weeks.

and that is surprising about there being NO VARIANTS! I guess after the cube displays, Toybiz decided to make these actually be variants...

no matter to me, I already have 2 of the Strucker pack, and 1 each of the other 2.

yea i knew that D07 was toys

no tb logo anywhere

the box looked the same as the boxes that walmart uses for their generic toys

yep... thats what the Fearsome Foes set came in... just that purple band around the box, right?

nice score.. you are the first person I have heard getting to crack the cases

That is pretty sweet! I remember first scoring those Face offs in Ohio as well on my visit! :)

maybe the v ariants are just more random now :S UGH! it was nice, very nice being able to actaully pick! Most still just brougth both :D Learn from this hasbro haha!

The cases that were sent to specialty retailers were packed different than the Wal Mart ones as well. Every third case you would buy may have one set of the variants in them. It was a little surprising when they came in to find so few of the variants in the boxes. This does mean that there are a lot more variants in the US than there would be in Canada.

Spencer

My one walmart had just as many variants as they had regulars. I of course got the variants, leaving them MOC anyways.

Your lucky man, I haven't even seen the normals. @grumpy@

I found the face-off sets today at Wal-Mart in VA. Non of the variants just the regular ones. Still no sign of the Walmart wave thought other then that stupid AoA Sabertooth. One Wal-Mart had 6 of those figures and none of the others :(

Funny because my wal-mart has gotten what seems like 4 cases of the wal-mart wave. They keep restocking, there is now 4 variant bearded sentrys and 2 burnt face wolvies clogging the pegs along with sabertooth, wardbird, antman, captain britain, havok, and regular aoa wolvie. The only one I hardly see there is kitty.

The cases that were sent to specialty retailers were packed different than the Wal Mart ones as well. Every third case you would buy may have one set of the variants in them. It was a little surprising when they came in to find so few of the variants in the boxes. This does mean that there are a lot more variants in the US than there would be in Canada.

Spencer

how odd, I was told that each case would have at least 1 of the wolverine variants in it so you could complete the set ... Quite frankly its not worth buyign the cases if they didn't ship them like that... Why is it @can@ allways has the need to get screwed in one way or the other? :D

Spencer

how odd, I was told that each case would have at least 1 of the wolverine variants in it so you could complete the set ... Quite frankly its not worth buyign the cases if they didn't ship them like that... Why is it @can@ allways has the need to get screwed in one way or the other? :D

This was regarding the Face off cases, not the Giant man cases. The giant man cases come with all 10 figures needed for the Giant man.

Spencer

My one walmart had just as many variants as they had regulars. I of course got the variants, leaving them MOC anyways.

Your lucky man, I haven't even seen the normals. @grumpy@

I've seen all the regular Face-Off 2-packs, but Cap and Red Skull. I've seen all of the variant 2-packs, I still wish I had enough money to buy that Cap and Von Strucker one though <_<

Spencer

This was regarding the Face off cases, not the Giant man cases. The giant man cases come with all 10 figures needed for the Giant man.

Spencer

whew, scared my self there I guess @loll@

I know that this is slightly off topic, but the Giant Man series DOES come with ToyBiz on the box. I got a case from walmart and I have the box with me here. If anyone wants anymore info, let me know.

actually, here's a picture of the box from the GM series at walmart:

IMG_0221.JPG

I was in Eastern Ohio today too, Wooster. (I live up north) And I happened to have found myself an DD and Kingpin, and an Hulk and Leader. No variants. There was also a ton of the wal-mart wave figs on the self but it was the same three. Ant-man, AOA Sabretooth, AOA Wolvierine. No variants for those either. And there was no Red Skull Cap pakcs either. I asked the manager from the toy department and she said that the face offs were actually stuff put on layaway a long time ago and since no one came to claim them she put them back out.

Nuff Said

I also live in Eastern Ohio, and I picked up a Cap/ Red Skull and Hulk/ Leader today. This is the first I'd seen of the face off's, and I had been looking everywhere. Thing is, the only one I really wanted was Baron Von Strucker.

I still haven't seen any face offs....well, the regular ones....since the GM came out...

Maybe I will get lucky :P

I live in NJ and have yet to see one Face-Off anywhere. Even the 2 Wal-Marts that I can get to never got them, but they did get the Giant-Man wave and the 2 box sets.

When are they suppose to be mass released? Personally, I can't stand the Wal-Mart nearest me (their toy aisle is just lousy). I'd rather hit Target or Toys R Us.

wal-mart wave is a hit & miss in woodbridge area. right now, sabertooth is the only one left w/ a couple of series 12 on the peg.no sign of face off series one at all.