Wishes for New Marvel lines for Hasbro.

spike2night

I would like to see Hasbro release a line of action figures similar to the Star Wars figures or Mattel's JLU Line. I have collected only Figures in that scale. I know the Showdown figures are close but they are too expensive and do not need to be so articulate. Plus the packaging is for the game. I would like to see the packaging individualized like in star wars figures where there is a picture from the movie. Also I would like to see some type of info on the back including comic of origin and alliances as well as powers.

I agree with spike2night in that I think a nice idea for the Hasbro line would be a Marvel Universe mini comic bio. In the vein of the old and new Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe. Maybe in a smaller scale like the old MOTU comics that came with He-man figures. So a new collector who say bought Banshee would then be able to read about his appearance, height, weight, powers, and a summarized character history. Once all the comics where collected then a diorama or multi-cover image coulb be made. Or a binder could be filled with the entries one collected. A two to four page comic of fold out. Something to help the collector relate and learn about the character better than a simple paragraph and powers graph on the back of what Toybiz does now.

I'm not so sure more lines are a good idea. Stores aren't going to allocate that much space for multiple lines of the same characters. Look at what's happened to every other sister line to ML except SMC. XMC, HC, and FFC have all been a huge pain in the a** at retail. Some places don't even carry them and the ones that do stock them sparsely and/or not at every store in the chain.

Some people seem to be pretty into SHS, but they mainly pegwarm at the stores I go to. Most people who've invested hundreds of dollars in the 6 inch scale don't want to start over with the same stuff only smaller. Especially if the price is the same or only a buck or two cheaper. Just not worth it.

A re-release line would be good.

I don't know what they are going to do with the comics, but it seems like they are pretty determined to keep them out. I liked the comics, but I guess they are going to have to go. I don't know how this will impact stands/bases and accessories that we might get, but hopefully they'll be able to include accessories for characters who need them. I guess it would be nice if they could keep the price the same.

One thing they could do is have a mini 5 page comic with a profile or mini file with data on that Marvel character. Collectors could collect and file these. It would kind of be a nice on-the-side thing, but it isn't exactly necessary.

I think what they are going to end up doing is just including the figure and the card to which it hangs on a peg. In the Star Wars figure line, even the obscure characters have just one paragraph of description so, if someone wants to know more about the character, they have to research.

I think people will still buy a figure if it looks cool or they need it to BAF, even if they don't know much about the character. I'm not sure if Hasbro is going to put that much more effort in letting people know more about the character whose figure they are buying.

I wouldn't collect something like JLU... those figures are kinda lame.

I would collect Marvel GiJoe-styled figures..

I don't really like SHS because they are too expensive and have very poor quality

Don't care for SHS.

If anything, do em in scale with JLU. That would kick ass!