Alyosha

A new cast figure

This is the latest in my poor attempts at casting. I've managed to line out the last of the problems I was having with the Clearflex 50 and it seems to be working fine now. I've added a copy to my store, and hope that I'll be able to adapt the molds for some other characters. Enjoy!

castFF.jpg

ff1-1.jpg

ff2-1.jpg

ff3-1.jpg

head-VvV Firefly

chest-VvV Firefly

upper arms-VvV Firefly

elbow-Switch Gears

lower arms-VvV Beach Head

waist-VvV Beach Head

legs-VvV Beach Head

rifle-Marauder John AUG/Steyr 77

pistol-cast USP Match Pistol

knife-cast N2Toys Matrix acc

colors:

Tamiya XF 54 Dark Sea Grey

TamiyaX 18 Semi-Gloss Black

Testors Model Master Acryl 4603 Skin Tone Warm Tint

Testors Flat Black

Testors Flat White

Testors Dullcote

Pretty cool man!

Thanks alot kids, I appreciate the kind words. I didn't really make mods ot it except for the stand up collar. This same modl is going to be used for Beach Head, Wreckage, and Rampage. I call that maximizing your mold work.

Oh, and see my sig line for the store PMZ.

Dave, how's your project coming?

Guest DavAnthony

Thanks alot kids, I appreciate the kind words. I didn't really make mods ot it except for the stand up collar. This same modl is going to be used for Beach Head, Wreckage, and Rampage. I call that maximizing your mold work.

Oh, and see my sig line for the store PMZ.

Dave, how's your project coming?

Aly,

It's going well. The Hero is almost done. I was sick for the last two weeks so that delayed me a bit, but I'm back on track.

Once again nice work, I have to learn how to caste. That's great that you can get multiple pieces without having to go the store and buy an entire figure for one piece.

Dave

TS- It was just a joking attempt at fake humility. I was just taking a backhanded shot at the guys who get mad at me for being prideful of my work.

Honestly though, I know at least two other guys who do this casting stuff who are WAY better at it than I am, and that's not counting any of the other talent that works outside the Joe universe. There are some crazy-mad skilled people customizing these days. Crazy-mad.

are you going to sell these firefly's. I think it is awesome. I am not digging the headpiece that much though. The rest looks amazing. I would probably be interested in one.

Yep, it's up on my site, just follow the link. They are unpainted, but if you want one painted we can work something out. Thanks!

Nice work!That's an awesome update to Firefly!!!!Is the earpiece removeable?

Al,I know you've probably been asked this before and perhaps I missed the answer but have you seriously considered getting into toy sculpting as a career? Perhaps making up a portfolio to send to some toy companies? I know a lot of us would love to have you behind the GI Joe toyline.

Final painted pics of this figure this evening. Will post after I get in from work.