So has DST given any hint as to whats next?

KamenDreda

I know we are all speculating (and I am hoping) that DS9 may be next but is there any truth to that speculation? Has DST given any sign of what's coming after TNG wave 4? I am afraid DS9 might get skipped and we may end up with Voyager or TOS Movie figures or some strang combonation of all the Trek series. I really hope they fiocus on one series at a time and don't do a hodge podge of charactes from different series. It would suck to get 3 or 4 DS9 figures, 3 or 4 TOS movie figures and 3 or 4 Voyager figures and then have the line die for some reason. I would rather have all of DS9 and no Voyager figures than to have a couple of each. Any way... just saying...

Right now seeing from the pictures in SDCC the Diamond Select crew seems to really be focusing this line on The Next Generation. Really since most of the figures they have put out are from the TNG crew they really are giving the fans what they want more than anything else since Star Trek is not so hot right now.

When Art Asylum was out doing the Enterprise figures people would e-mail them asking them about future plans on the Star Trek The Next Generation line, and if it was going to be completed. I am guessing DS took that as a guide and did what the fans wanted.

I am guessing if they see the demand for more Voyager and DS9, and possibly even Enterprise they may do what they are doing now for The Next Generation and continue a vast line of the other shows.

I'm basing this info on the "Ask DST" thread from the Art Asylum boards. However, since the boards have been down for so long (since early June!), it's possible DST's plans have changed.

Anyway...back then, the DST guys said they intended to finish the "main crew" of TNG and then, sales permitting, move on to the main crew of DS9 and finish them before going on to another Trek incarnation. Many fans asked about Voyager, but the DST guy made no promises. I got the impression they really want to tackle the DS9 characters, so - as long as TNG sales are as good as they say - I think we'll see them.

The DST guy also said we shouldn't hold our breath for any more Enterprise characters (like Hoshi and Phlox) or playsets. He did say that movie era classic characters were a possibility.

I really wish the Art Asylum boards would come back up so I could give you all a link to the thread. As soon as it's back, I'll post it here.

If they were smart once they complete all the Next Gen in movie uniforms, they would then take those DS9 heads from the Tibiliation figures and put them on the Next Gen figures, and walla you have DS9 figures from the last few seasons of the show. Make a Defiant ship and good to go to tied people over till the movie.

I wonder if they'll make Dr Pulaski, Lwaxana Troi, Nastasha Yar, and Guinan before they move on? I'd also like to see the Borg Queen but I quess she could wait till voyager... I'd also like to see Spock, Scotty and Bones from TNG. I really loved Voyager too so I hope the line last through then.

And finally but doubtfully I would like to see a T'pol from the mirror universe cause she was hot.

Hey guys -

Late breaking FYI. The "Ask DST" thread has (temporarily?) moved over to the MyStarTrekToys boards (http://s13.invisionfree.com/mystartrektoys). So far, people are just posting questions - the DST rep has not responded yet. But I thought you'd all like to know they're still saying wave 4 is the last TNG wave and DS9 is up next - with Sisko in the first wave.