MP-03

LiquidMetal

the sculpt and color is perfect. just the way i like it. i love the realistic look in fighter mode. I think anymore of the original color add to it would ruin the over all look. screw the repaint. i'm putting in my pre-order.

Hmm i think everyone here prefers the G1 Cartoon colors but now I see why they did this to make it look more real. They wanted the jet to look like a real jet without funky colors on it. He looks more menising this way. I'm not saying what they did was right, just trying to understand why they did it.

Hmm i think everyone here prefers the G1 Cartoon colors but now I see why they did this to make it look more real. They wanted the jet to look like a real jet without funky colors on it. He looks more menising this way. I'm not saying what they did was right, just trying to understand why they did it.

Look more real? without funky colors? I dont recall any F-15 having red and white stripes on the wings, a yellow canopy, or a pink and blue underbelly....

I think for the first release of MP-03 they should have made it anime colors, pleasing the most amount of G1 fans upfront, and then go ahead with as many variants (Thundercracker, Skywarp) as well as brand-new ones if they want (real F-15 colors). What I dont like is this mish-mash of psuedo-real colors and quasi-G1 SS color. It just looks bad....navy-bluish body with off-pink accents on the air-intakes, faded blue on the torso......IMO the color combinations dont work at all.

IF the rumors are true that anime SS will be a Japanese fan club exclusive, then its a slap in the face to me, since I would have gladly bought SS, and the other seeker variants....but I wont now IF its an exclusive in Japan (driving up costs x2-x3 of a US import).

Some other guy also summed it up well on another forum:

From my point of view, the color scheme is bad because it falls halfway between realism and cartoon accuracy. Hell, I'd like this a whole lot better if it was entirely grey, with real-world jet markings (intake warnings, fuel markers, the lot). It'd be amazing to have that much detail, and would be a true robot in disguise (to say nothing of making it easier to repaint, as you have suggested) Instead, we get a not-quite-realistic paint scheme that doesn't match a real jet OR the character it's supposed to be a masterpiece version of.

If you like the current MP-03 as is, more power to ya.....I just think its rather lame I cant get an anime SS MP to place alongside my MP-01........it's like Takara doesn't want my $$ or the $$ of other fans who have cancelled their preorders.

If I ever won the TNI $100 give away I'd get him for sure. I'd really love the full G1 color scheme, but that being said this figure still looks great to me.....I has really grown on me more and more. :D

I'll be getting him. :)

*Feed him to the Sharkticons!*

I refuse to get that thing! It looks nothing like G1 Starscream, neither in colors nor in robots. It's just a TF/Robotech/Gundam rip off! Pass it on.........it's a rip off! @firedevil@ @firedevil@

Read my lip: the Classic G1 Starscream is more accurate to the cartoon than this rip off MP3 @smilepunch@ @smilepunch@

I'm still gonna get him regardless of his colors. MP Magnus definately isn't cartoon canon, so I'll let this one pass.

:) :) *quietly whisper to The Batman ear, look at MP2 alt.mode and the cartoon Magnus alt.mode, they both look the same*

But seriously, the different here is that MP2 is an uncomplete version just like MP-1 before the MP-4 version. Once Takara release the Trailer, then Magnus will be completed just like the cartoon. Secondly, MP2 is colored correct in the toy.

On the other hands, MP3 mold is completely different both in robot and in colors. They should've just stuck with the first prototype.