Heath Ledger?

The Batman

I don't think hes a good choice either... WTF?

You dare question the director behind such great movie gems as Momento and Batman Begins (which also is arguably the greatest comic hero based movie out there) in Christopher Nolan?

It's Transformers: The Movie all over again! You fanatics are crazy! Reserve judgement until you see a full trailer of the movie and see how Heath Ledger pulls off the Joker. I mean, Heath was just in a critically accomplaimed and Oscar worthy movie, Brokeback Mountain (which I have yet to see or ever desire to). My point is the guy made what, one teen flick? For the poster who mentioned Ten Things I Hate About You, that was half a decade ago. Move on! He's been in some decent flicks and done a decent job portraying said characters in those films.

Again, I simply suggest we just reserve judgement when the movie comes out, like the TF live-action movie and gripe then, if necessary.

You dare question the director behind such great movie gems as Momento and Batman Begins (which also is arguably the greatest comic hero based movie out there) in Christopher Nolan?

It's Transformers: The Movie all over again! You fanatics are crazy! Reserve judgement until you see a full trailer of the movie and see how Heath Ledger pulls off the Joker. I mean, Heath was just in a critically accomplaimed and Oscar worthy movie, Brokeback Mountain (which I have yet to see or ever desire to). My point is the guy made what, one teen flick? For the poster who mentioned Ten Things I Hate About You, that was half a decade ago. Move on! He's been in some decent flicks and done a decent job portraying said characters in those films.

Again, I simply suggest we just reserve judgement when the movie comes out, like the TF live-action movie and gripe then, if necessary.

It's not even official, only rumored that he was offered the part.

Well guys...be ready to cry then. This is not a rumors...Heath Ledger IS The Joker. This info WAS leaked at San Diego Comic Con Friday. Nolan has been in secret talks with Ledger for some time....The fan favorites like Paul Bettany, Crispin Glover and your fave pick, Lachy Hulme, were just grist for the mill. Ledger will be playing The Joker. The offer was made Thursday night, and it will be a done deal.

There you have it. Heath Ledger is The Joker.

If you want to read more, click this link: http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

Heath is a great actor.. I think he will bring another level of complexity to the Joker character as he can pull off some very emotional scenes.

For those that are "afraid" to see Brokeback Mountain I think you are missing out on a great story, even if you are the biggest homophobe on earth I think you're missing out on a film that truly allows you to understand what it may be like to be shunned by society. And this is coming from a VERY straight man that played college football and is very secure in his masculinity.

Ledger will be great!

Heath is a great actor.. I think he will bring another level of complexity to the Joker character as he can pull off some very emotional scenes.

For those that are "afraid" to see Brokeback Mountain I think you are missing out on a great story, even if you are the biggest homophobe on earth I think you're missing out on a film that truly allows you to understand what it may be like to be shunned by society. And this is coming from a VERY straight man that played college football and is very secure in his masculinity.

Ledger will be great!

I agree Brokeback is a good film, but college football, now that is gay. A bunch of sweaty men who love to play with balls and tackle eachother.

Ledger will be great!

I agree Brokeback is a good film, but college football, now that is gay. A bunch of sweaty men who love to play with balls and tackle eachother.

No, no, wrestling is the GAY sport.. two men grabbing at each other in spandex while trying to perform moves like the "butt drag!"

Best choice for Joker would be Willem Dafoe (he played Green Goblin in first Spider-man movie) In my opinion he is by far the best choice. Dafoe can make such a nasty grin on his face worthy of Joker.

Willem Dafoe is a great choice, but it would be odd to see him as Joker when he has already played another mad villain. It would have been interesting to watch his performance.

About Ledger. I´m really hoping he can pull the roll off: The face doesn´t look to joker at all and his voice is kinda deep. We all know how Joker´s voice is, and it doesn´t sound Ledger at all.

Guest DavAnthony

Well good and bad acting is subjective, so it's tought to say if he's a good or bad actor. He doesn't pull me into a role with him. Alot of the really good actors out there, take you along with them for the ride. I don't feel much when he acts and there doesn't feel like anything is going on his eyes.

I've been involved with acting for 10 years so there are things I've learned that I like in actor's and things that I don't. Ledger hasn't done a performance yet for me where he moved in any way. In the Patriot his death really needed to impact the audience and I never felt or saw that it did, so that left alot of the movie rather bland.

I have also never seen him do anything that makes me think he can bring the complexity of the Joker character to life. I could of seen him more as Harvey Dent then The Joker. I like the idea of Willem Dafoe but my main choice was Hugo Weaving. That guy can convey inensity, sadness, joy, calm and lunacy in one glance...that's The Joker.

It's possible that Ledger has just never been given the opportunity to show what he can do. If that's the case and he can pull it off then I wish him the best and I hope it works.

You know Hollywood also plays alot of games to get the actor they "want".

The entire Nicholson/Robin Williams Joker thing is an example of this. They will leak that so and so is up for a role and is signed (Williams) just to light a fire under an actor who is draggiing his feet (Nicholson). This may be going on with Ledger also. He may not be up for the part but stories are revolving that he has it, so they can get another actor they really want.

Who knows, Hollywood is a weird and distorted place.

Dave

Best choice for Joker would be Willem Dafoe (he played Green Goblin in first Spider-man movie) In my opinion he is by far the best choice. Dafoe can make such a nasty grin on his face worthy of Joker.

Willem Dafoe is a great choice, but it would be odd to see him as Joker when he has already played another mad villain. It would have been interesting to watch his performance.

About Ledger. I´m really hoping he can pull the roll off: The face doesn´t look to joker at all and his voice is kinda deep. We all know how Joker´s voice is, and it doesn´t sound Ledger at all.

Dafoe is too old. He would have been good 10 years ago.

Ledger does have a great Joker smile and lets put some things in perspective, why does the Joker voice have to sound the same in every movie/tv show? The 89 Joker was totally different from the 60's Joker.. this series is a new start to the Batman series.. the Joker could be VERY different if Nolan wants him to be.

...this series is a new start to the Batman series.. the Joker could be VERY different if Nolan wants him to be.

yes, it´s a new series, but true to the essence of the characters. Nolan just CAN´T do a VERY different Joker. If that´s the case, let Joel Schumacher do the sequel.

Horrible choice. Paul Bettany would have been perfect, too bad they couldn't make the deal happen.

Heath Ledger as the Joker..."Brokeback Batman"??? Maybe he and Christian Bale can french-kiss.

Bats to Joker: "Why can't I quit you?!?!?"

@smilepunch@

Horrible choice. Paul Bettany would have been perfect, too bad they couldn't make the deal happen.

Heath Ledger as the Joker..."Brokeback Batman"??? Maybe he and Christian Bale can french-kiss.

Bats to Joker: "Why can't I quit you?!?!?"

@smilepunch@

Nolan could introduce Robin here, to make the gay myth bigger, hahaha.