Which Sentry is rarer?

MX

I picked up one Sentry around the first release of the Wal Mart wave. He has a more goldenrod body with a blue cape/belt/gloves/boots.

Went to Wal Mart today and found another Sentry who's blue was a more royal blue (darker) and body was a bright (almost neon) yellow (more akin to Pyro's yellow).

Is one a screwed up paint job? A varient? Bottom line, which one is (or might be) worth more?

I picked up one Sentry around the first release of the Wal Mart wave. He has a more goldenrod body with a blue cape/belt/gloves/boots.

Went to Wal Mart today and found another Sentry who's blue was a more royal blue (darker) and body was a bright (almost neon) yellow (more akin to Pyro's yellow).

Is one a screwed up paint job? A varient? Bottom line, which one is (or might be) worth more?

The darker mustard yellow isn't being produced anymore from what I understand. Changed the paint I guess.

neither of them are worth more than the other... toys are not worth anything... take them back to the store if you were planning on selling them @lol@

neither of them are worth more than the other... toys are not worth anything... take them back to the store if you were planning on selling them @lol@

Hey there's nothing wrong with selling them, as long as your not buying them for the soul purpose of selling. I mean I won't sell mine now, but maybe 20 years or 60 or NEVER , lol @firedevil@

My regular Sentry that I got from the fabled cube a couple months ago is mustard and the variant I got this week from a refresh case was lemon. Comparing the two side by side I have to say I like the mustard better. I don't know why they changed it. The new yellow almost looks neon.

My regular Sentry that I got from the fabled cube a couple months ago is mustard and the variant I got this week from a refresh case was lemon. Comparing the two side by side I have to say I like the mustard better. I don't know why they changed it. The new yellow almost looks neon.

They changed it because the mustard didn't look "superhero" enough, according to Jesse. The Sentry is supposed to be Marvel's Superman, so they wanted something that *popped* more.

I like them both. I bought all four.

The mustard one will be the hardest to find, & less quantity was made of him....so the less figures, the more $$$ they are

worth... :)

Actually my comment was directed at the topic starter!! Sorry, i don't quote that often!!!

I mean anyone asking which version of a toy is going to be worth more, isn't in it for the hobby!! Speculating is what brought down previous hobbies, card collecting and comics!!

Actually my comment was directed at the topic starter!! Sorry, i don't quote that often!!!

I mean anyone asking which version of a toy is going to be worth more, isn't in it for the hobby!! Speculating is what brought down previous hobbies, card collecting and comics!!

True, true.... some people just make it obvious ;)

but you got to know what they are worth so you don’t get over charged when you are forced to buy on EBay or from those damm collector’s stores. Sorry sometimes it is the only I can get a hand on MLs @sad@

Hey there's nothing wrong with selling them, as long as your not buying them for the soul purpose of selling. I mean I won't sell mine now, but maybe 20 years or 60 or NEVER , lol @firedevil@

What's wrong with just buying them to sell them?

What's wrong with just buying them to sell them?

Are you actually serious?? That's one of the main reasons we can't find the stuff we want in the stores and buy them at regular prices, because too many people want to make a buck at other's expense!! Get a real job, or a better one if you have to resort to selling toys to earn some money!!

Who cares if it was valuable!! Customize it man!! Don't worry about value, enjoy them figures of yours!! :D Leave the value to the speculators!! Customize what you want!!

Who cares if it was valuable!! Customize it man!! Don't worry about value, enjoy them figures of yours!! :D Leave the value to the speculators!! Customize what you want!!

thats what i'm sayin. value doesnt really matter to me, i'd rather customize. infact i just totally ravaged a MOC ML3 thor for parts that i needed to use on a few different customs. variants dont mean much to me either unless i need a part that only the variant version would have. just customize it and dont worry about $....its a lot funner that way :)

I was only making sure I didn't scrap something that might be valuable before I used it in a custom.

don't worry... the best Sentry figure is worth about 12 bucks.

thats what i'm sayin. value doesnt really matter to me

That's what you say now...but wait til you want to trade or sell em on the trade forums...then you will have a hard time @hmmm@

thats what i'm sayin. value doesnt really matter to me

That's what you say now...but wait til you want to trade or sell em on the trade forums...then you will have a hard time @hmmm@

Umm, have you ever seen his customs? They would go for MUCH more than the standard figures on eBay. He won't need to sell them on forums @loll@

As for monetary value, I think right now the lemon versions are harder to find but that is/will be changing. So I would use the lemon regular version in a custom if you like the mustard version as Sentry. If you like the lemon better, go ahead and customize the mustard but I would never customize a variant head (unless it's to paint the hair blonde).

I personally want a regular lemon to be the '60s Sentry and a mustard variant for the '00s version. I own lemon variant MIP, and both regulars loose. All I need is a variant type head to make my plan complete, so hopefully I can get another lemon variant in a damaged package or loose...