Did anyone get Nemesis Prime off HTS?

ScottieEvil

glad i called and ordered 2 at 8:30 (central time)

Numerous reports are now coming in saying Hasbro will NOT honor those phone-call orders from this morning. We understand many of you are worried about your personal information and your credit card information that were given to HasbroToyShop.com phone operators. We urge you to call HasbroToyShop.com directly to resolve the matter and make sure your information, if it was NOT used to order the toy you wanted, is destroyed properly.

where'd you hear that from?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree. Hasbro, HTS, TFCC should all be embarassed.

I mean what made them think there sites could handle that much traffic. They should have commishioned it out to amazon or something. For Hasbro to announce itll be available and then never even make it available is pathetic. Finally what made them think it wouldnt be jam packed. Its an exclusive. I knew it would be this way and I dont even work for them, maybe I should though, apparently im smarter.

(Since Im not a club member, this is my complaint about HTS's end)

Im p'ed too. I got up at 7 a.m. and was ready and 8 a.m. (central time) and then they post it for 5+ hours of coming soon and *BAM* switched to "out of stock" in a blink of an eye.

What makes me also mad is that some of the operators would take phone orders others wouldnt. Now, there is talk that they might honor those. They better not. It's not fair to those that kept getting the operators that wouldnt take info...almost a selective selling if you will. Not everyone had an equal chance to purchase one.

Then when the "out of stock" hour is reached. The operators can't seem to get their story straight. One person says that they are all sold out. One said he was available at 9 a.m. and the system mistakingly switched to coming soon instead of out of stock. One says that they merely switched it to "out of stock" because they didnt get their shippment. (It would have been better to take down the page instead of changing the status).

Now there are rumors running rampant that all of the alottment for HTS.com was all sent to SDCC or is sitting on Singapore store shelves.

In conclusion, today was one big clusterf...snafu. They greatly underestimated the demand and website traffic. That's poor market research and management. If they did have any, the most appropriate thing for them to do is wipe the slate clean and offer up Nemesis Prime again (maybe with an apology bonus) or make a second production run.

Sorry for the rant, but that's my two cents.

(Since Im not a club member, this is my complaint about HTS's end)

Im p'ed too. I got up at 7 a.m. and was ready and 8 a.m. (central time) and then they post it for 5+ hours of coming soon and *BAM* switched to "out of stock" in a blink of an eye.

What makes me also mad is that some of the operators would take phone orders others wouldnt. Now, there is talk that they might honor those. They better not. It's not fair to those that kept getting the operators that wouldnt take info...almost a selective selling if you will. Not everyone had an equal chance to purchase one.

Then when the "out of stock" hour is reached. The operators can't seem to get their story straight. One person says that they are all sold out. One said he was available at 9 a.m. and the system mistakingly switched to coming soon instead of out of stock. One says that they merely switched it to "out of stock" because they didnt get their shippment. (It would have been better to take down the page instead of changing the status).

Now there are rumors running rampant that all of the alottment for HTS.com was all sent to SDCC or is sitting on Singapore store shelves.

In conclusion, today was one big clusterf...snafu. They greatly underestimated the demand and website traffic. That's poor market research and management. If they did have any, the most appropriate thing for them to do is wipe the slate clean and offer up Nemesis Prime again (maybe with an apology bonus) or make a second production run.

Sorry for the rant, but that's my two cents.

I agree except that they SHOULD honor the phone orders. I trusted the HTS staff with my address, DOB, and credit card number to order one of these things... luckily they didn't ask for my SSN. because it's xxx xx xxxx

hehehe.... total F up by hasbro... now give us fans something for the CRAP that you caused us.

Damn it, I have every alternators so far, but if I can't get nemesis prime, what's the freaking point? Have of the figures I only got out of completion. Please tell me this guy'll be in stores, otherwise I'm calling it quits and selling off all my alternators.

I have every Alt so far also (well, I'm still searching for Mirage), but as long as he doesn't have a "release number" on him like all the other alts, then I'm ok with considering him as not part of the Alternators line and just forget about getting him.

Which brings up the question: does he have a number on him?

I can't belive the biatching I am seeing here... There should not be a next time, next time hasbro should just keep the exclusives at the sdcc and then everyone can complain about that :P

at LEAST they are trying there guys come on :D they sure as hell don't HAVE to put them online like this :P

If the phone orders aren't honored Hasbro probably just pissed me off to the point that I just stopped buying their products. Been thinking about doing this anyways. So this is the deciding factor.

I can't belive the biatching I am seeing here... There should not be a next time, next time hasbro should just keep the exclusives at the sdcc and then everyone can complain about that :P

at LEAST they are trying there guys come on :D they sure as hell don't HAVE to put them online like this :P

I understand what your saying. However if your gonna try and do something dont screw it up royally or people will be pissed. I mean in general people HATE exclusives.

If the phone orders aren't honored Hasbro probably just pissed me off to the point that I just stopped buying their products. Been thinking about doing this anyways. So this is the deciding factor.

Damn whats up with that?

MEh...

The way I see it, people could have guaranteed one at the cost of 45 bucks before hand off ebay, before this whole debacle even began. Even now it can still be gotten for around 60 bucks.

So you can either

A. Bite the bullet and garuantee on at about 55-60 bucks now

B. Piss and moan when when he cost 200+ on ebay 2 months from now

C. Hope that HTS comes through with a butt load of them and it ends up not being rare

We all know what they say about hoping...so.....

It could have been handled much better...but the people complaining about hasbro buying new or upgrading their servers dont really know the logistics or cost effectiveness of new servers against a FEW HOURS worth of heavily increased traffic, the cost of those upgrades would prob cost more than any money they made off a few limited exclusives.

The whole thing sucks but people still have alternatives

another added benefit of these going on hasbrotoyshop will be the ripple effect. With so many people being able to get them ebay will be flooded eventually, instead of a few crafty people at sdcc hoarding them and tricking them out.

The gold tie titanium regularly topped 100+, now look at what its is going for

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-SDCC-Star-Wars-Ti...1QQcmdZViewItem

Do you think the 501 trooper would have ever went for this without hts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-501ST-STORM-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Though now that HTS has sold out they are more like

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-501st-Storm-...1QQcmdZViewItem

They will still end up being cheaper on ebay, ultimately, because more people had access to them. The same MAY happen with nem prime.

without HTS they would easily cost triple.

This my friends, was the half full portion of the glass.

EDIT: If what TFW2005 front page says is correct, ( HTS only got 900, ALREADY sold out due to phone orders and check out snafu!) you guys better haul a** to ebay while 60 bucks is still the selling rate!

If what TFW2005 front page says is correct, ( HTS only got 900, ALREADY sold out due to phone orders and check out snafu!) you guys better haul a** to ebay while 60 bucks is still the selling rate!

Not nessecarly cause apparantly on Monday, BBTS is supposed to be getting some in, so lets hope there not to expensive, cause I wanted NP real bad, but dont have $60 for one.

SDCC - COMIC-CON EXCLUSIVES: We have a variety of items from NECA

arriving shortly after the con ends - up for preorder now are exclusive

Evil-Lyn Statue, Pirate Jack Skellington, Cannibal Jack Sparrow, Resident

Evil Leon in R.P.D. Uniform, and MOTU Mini-Bust Sets. On Monday July

24th - we'll be listing the ALTERNATORS NEMESIS PRIME Exclusive!! Stay

tuned for that and more cool items being listed after the con ends.

If what TFW2005 front page says is correct, ( HTS only got 900, ALREADY sold out due to phone orders and check out snafu!) you guys better haul a** to ebay while 60 bucks is still the selling rate!

Not nessecarly cause apparantly on Monday, BBTS is supposed to be getting some in, so lets hope there not to expensive, cause I wanted NP real bad, but dont have $60 for one.

SDCC - COMIC-CON EXCLUSIVES: We have a variety of items from NECA

arriving shortly after the con ends - up for preorder now are exclusive

Evil-Lyn Statue, Pirate Jack Skellington, Cannibal Jack Sparrow, Resident

Evil Leon in R.P.D. Uniform, and MOTU Mini-Bust Sets. On Monday July

24th - we'll be listing the ALTERNATORS NEMESIS PRIME Exclusive!! Stay

tuned for that and more cool items being listed after the con ends.

I would expect in the neighborhood of 60 bucks. BBTS is known for its customers service.......NOT its fair and affordable pricing @loll@ At the low end he will charge 45 bucks at least, so you could

A. Ebay BIN ...their still at 60 but most will be gone by monday

B. Wait for joel to list the 20 or so he has on monday (probably at 60) then rush to ebay after his sell out after 2 minutes, only to find all the 60 BIN gone and the rest regular auctions

C. Either way I think people should be prepared to drop 60 bucks within the next week, or a whole lot more later if they want one.

whats really funny is the amount of people complaining and syaing "the mold sucks, but"

STOP RIGHT THERE...if you HATE the mold so much why work yourself into such a tizzy about it.

All the rampant fan bi*ching is probably why swerve got such a limited release. And people still whine about a rerelease of that mold...why so it can top tracks as shelf warmer supreme? The only reason people want swerve is because he is te RARE, same applies pretty much to Nem prime.

Most of the fandom seems to hate alt prime so why such an outcry over nemesis prime? Other than rareness? And People are complaining about scalpers, but looking across the boards there were PLENTY of people planning to buy like 5+, and many people attempted to order 5+ oevr the phone.

This rant not directed at anyone who actually wants the mold, and is disappointed. Its more to people that are disappointed they couldnt gt an exclusive piece of ebay/trade bait.

Its no so much here, but at the 2 other main TF boards the whining and complaining, and ridiculous threats of boycotting and legal action are starting to get old....looks at the 50+ pages of it on another tf site @hmmm@ just sad

It wasnt TEH BOOGEY MAN SKALPERZ who kept you from getting a nemesis prime. He was on his rounds still trying to score a titanium prime, alt mirage or scorch or sand troopers or whatever toy you cant find. It was other TF fans who called and ordered 5 or 7 of them or how ever many.

The + side is still, the sdcc scaplers still havent listed, so there is still a wave to come. Once again, quit lamenting that hasbro effed up. If you want it, GET IT before it goes the way of swerve.

Hey, do any of us know or have asked a Hasbro rep if he'll come out in retail stores, because if not I'll drop my 60 on ebay today, and while I'm not a big fan of the mold, I love the truck mode, added to that he's a decepticon, added more he's black.

I wouldn't shell out forhim cause right now its just the hype of a new exclusive it will come down sooner or latter

I'm just surprised this Nemesis sold out faster than the reissue astrotrain.... @grumpy@