Master Piece Starscream

obiprime

Oh boy talk about controversial. looks more like thundercraker. However the lighting in this pic might be decieving. It Looks more realistic than pure g1 colors. Although ill bet you anything there will be plenty of repaints. Im going to wait to see more pics before i decide. I was really looking forward to getting him. But Im not sure if these colors work.

mp-3starscream14.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/mp-03-masterpiece-s...e-confirmed.htm

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the F????????????????? Sigh...

Damn, how can Classics Starscream be more color accurate to the G1 figure than MP Stratscream!?!? @hmmm@

I'll still get it, and slap big Decepticon emblems from reprolabels on it's wings since the ones there are barely noticable. I am definitely gonna end up painting it myself to make it look more like the TF version.

It reaffirms what I was saying about it being based on the Diaclone version and not the TF version:

http://www.toyarchive.com/Transformers/Kno...tarscream1.html

I get the feeling the fandom will boycott this faster than yellow Tracks.

Bring on the G1 repaint, and make it snappy.

Starscream_proto_color.jpg

If it had looked anything like this... Id be all over this. I think Im going to cancel my preorder. @grumpy@

MP = Masterpiece. Stop F'ing us over.

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@

You can thanks those Alt/BT fans and Takara employees who have grown to prefer being realistic over doing what's best for the characters themselves.

I am tempted to cancel my pre-order now because of the dark gray, and am considering waiting and hoping for a Thundercracker or Skywarp repaint. I will wait a little longer because that picture is clearly a photoshop job, but so far it's not looking good.

If it had looked anything like this... Id be all over this. I think Im going to cancel my preorder. @grumpy@

but it WILL look like that...only it wil be a fan club exclusive and you will have to pay 2-3 times more for it @smilepunch@

but it WILL look like that...only it wil be a fan club exclusive and you will have to pay 2-3 times more for it @smilepunch@

...........which will in turn will be for Japan only, which means in order to get one on this side of the ocean it will be twice the price.

...........whech will in turn will be for Japan only, which means in order to get one on this side of the oceans it will be twice the price.

@grumpy@ The insanity just never ends. :(

Yeah poor BBTS, I hope they didn't over order to fill preorders and then some, and now get all these cancelled orders, that goes for any other etailer selling these.

I cancelled my preorder with BBTS. The figure looks AMAZING with no paint still, but I'm gonna wait it out and hope for a better repaint. If they could bring Optimus to the USA for a SECOND time, even after the way the first sold (bad), there's a good chance screamer will make it here too. And I know hasbro will do anything to make it sell, since optimus went on clearance in many places. So they'll probably do it in all cartoony colors, maybe with a little battle damage or all in plastic, but it'd still be worth it to wait it out.

hahah well said :D

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@

You can thanks those Alt/BT fans and Takara employees who have grown to prefer being realistic over doing what's best for the characters themselves.

I am tempted to cancel my pre-order now because of the dark gray, and am considering waiting and hoping for a Thundercracker or Skywarp repaint. I will wait a little longer because that picture is clearly a photoshop job, but so far it's not looking good.

I wouldn't say the bt has anything to do with it really, I Like bt my self but it is a totaly different line up... It just so happens that MPop happened to work out quite well with the bt line but I gota feeling its sorta like the Marvel select/ML bit... MS is its own thing but if some of the larger figures happen to fit in with ML well then so much the better yknow...

*looks at pic*

Good job I got a barf bag close by. :D

Im really not going to buy this now. Im realy hoping they'll release G1 accurate version sometime. I'd snap up a Skywarp repaint in a second, mind....and a Thundercracker. Geez, if not Starscream colours why didn't they do it like one of the other Seekers? I know its sort of similar to Thundercracker.....but it isn't! if that makes sense. :P

I second that! Anyhow, well done on the photoshop.

Darn it, first they messed with the hip joint connection.

And now, the colors!

MUAHHAHAHAHA = now it gives me another reason to say MP3=POOP!!!!!!

Thank you very much Takara, now I'm going to cancel my PreOrder.

And darn it, why aren't Japanese transfans say something to Takara! This so called abominable MP3 isn't Starscream! Man, if I could write Japanese, I'll email them right a way.