SDCC Coverage

KamenDreda

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&albu...ect%2FStar_Trek

These figures rock! And we are getting SOOO many unexpected characters. I can not express how excited I am about Ro! And especially Ogawa!!! I never thought she would see a figure release! Both Crushers look great! But I think I like the Movie version a bit more. Please let's have one more wave for Guinan, Lwaxanna and O'Brien (the perfect segway to a DS9 line!)

That's a nice suprise there. Ro and Ogawa were unexpected. Glad they're doing really obscure characters along with the more popular ones. I may not actually GET Ro or Ogawa, but it gives me hope that one day they'll do an obscure character that I LIKE.

TWO Wesleys, hu? Not sure if I'll even get ONE, but I won't complain. I thought it was wierd that they overlooked Lt Yar, but I guess then they'd get people saying, "OK, now give us EVERYONE in season 1 uniforms". Probably won't happen.

Makes me wish they'd get those Picards and Trois avalible to buy.

I'm thrilled with Ro (though I was hoping for the red headband look), and Beverly and Wesley look good. I think I prefer the cadet version of Wesley. I was actually hoping for him in the gray jumpsuit from seasons 2-3, since he wore it so much and there was never a figure of him in it. (Same with Troi's blue dress from seasons 3-4. I really wish they'd made a variant Troi in that outfit.)

It's neat that they're making Ogawa, but I dislike the smiling face sculpt - she looks like some of the recent Buffy figures that all have goofy smiles on their faces. I prefer a more neutral expression.

SWEEEEET!

Somebody over at Diamond Select and Art Asylum knows exactly what they should be doing with this line! I am just so happy that we're getting Barclay, Ro, and Ogawa in this line of figures.

Of course, I'll have to pick up an extra Barclay and Ogawa and an few extra Nemesis uniform figures to do the old headswaps....

I know someone was commenting before on how difficult it is to capture Gates McFadden's likeness, but I think they got it perfect on this one. Same for John de Lancie!

All I can say now is BRING ON DEEP SPACE NINE!

These figures rock, to finally be able to get the whole TNG crew and put them together is going to be so awesome!

I really can not wait to have these!

The exclusives look awesome, Kirk is just an amazing exclusive every year = I have made it a tradition to make the people going to the con get me hook ups for the and then next year I may move to Cali so it's perfect!

Were they going to do a regular version of Kirk and the Command chair? The pilot version is nice enough , but I'd like to get the regular look.

The TNG line could go on for many, many waves, with the inclusion of all kinds of characters. Yar, Sela, K'heylr, Alexander, Q in various other guises, Shelby, Tomalok, Durass etc...

Wow! I was really amazed with the work done on this batch of figures. Ro and Ogawa came as a shock & they look incredible. (They even have the mole on Ro's face.)

I was the one that was concerned about Dr. Crusher - and I am very happy with how she looks. I was hoping she would have the blue jacket on....maybe it will be a "cloth accessory?" I was thinking it would be hard to "sculpt" it - hmmm. Well, if they do release it as a real jacket - I hope it blends well.

teddyk - The blue dress (I call it "aqua on aqua on aqua" since she wore it with like blue hose and blue shoes) that Troi wore along with the red version of Troi's purple/grey E.E. exclusive figure are other Trois that I wanted.

I kinda like Ogawa's smile. She grinned like that a lot during the series (and now we have 1/4 of a "Lower Decks" set.)

Guinan and O'Brien in TNG collared (Season 3+) uniform were two reoccuring characters I was hoping for.

...and Gowron. And K'Ehleyr. And Kurn. And......Lursa & B'Etor. And Duras. Wow - That's a lot of cool Klingons.

I read somewhere that Wave 4 was "it." Surely not! With Ro and Ogawa surprise figures, I would assume the line is doing great? We'll see. Bring it, Diamond! You guys are doing an awesome job.

According to the "Ask DST" thread over at the Art Asylum board (which has been down for maintenance forever!), wave four of TNG is the last - but they will revisit TNG here and there in the future. An obvious choice is O'Brien in TNG uniform - probably as a variant of his DS9 figure. Last I heard, DST planned to move on to DS9 after TNG wave 4. But this news is slightly old...so maybe plans have changed.

CkRtech - You're right, Ogawa was quite smiley. I think it's possible that they'll give Bev a cloth lab coat. I think they sculpted her without it so they'd have a body for Ro (which I'm all in favor of). Also, didn't Bev wear the coat less in the 7th season? She wore it a lot during one of the middle seasons (4?) because she was pregnant in real life.

I really hope sales will do well with this line and that the TNG line will boom so high that they will keep on doing them and eventually keep getting different characters! There is still many characters that I would like to see being done in the TNG line!

I rather have them finish on line first and then go on and start another!

Were they going to do a regular version of Kirk and the Command chair? The pilot version is nice enough , but I'd like to get the regular look.

The TNG line could go on for many, many waves, with the inclusion of all kinds of characters. Yar, Sela, K'heylr, Alexander, Q in various other guises, Shelby, Tomalok, Durass etc...

There is a regular yellow shirt Kirk being made with the chair. They have preorders on NewForceComics. They also have a Captain Pike with chair.

teddyk - True. And that coat kept getting bigger and bigger over time.

But she had it through most of the series (even the first season...although it was a bit different). Troi wore that EE exclusive grey uniform throughout the series. Maybe they can do some more exclusives for wave 4 & lab coat Crusher could be one of them.

yes this was quite nice with all we got to see, what 6 new trek figures?.. I shoulda got the kirk exclusive but I have allways been more of a tng type guy my self :)

I'm quite happy with all 3 crushers as well!

I am torn between what style figures to get though... Tng/nem ect... & if to keep them mosc or open them as well.. I will most likely open and display the regular cast while leaving the variants mosc, like the old crew ect

I wish we would have seen some new AA ships though as well as some JL ships... that woulda been iceing on the cake!

I am torn between what style figures to get though... Tng/nem ect...

So am I. But they're giving us a LOT of time to think about it, aren't they? WHEN's Picard and Troi coming out????

I'll probably go with the TNG look. More colorful AND if we DO get DS9 figs they'll probably be in the "Nemesis"style outfits anyway.