What do you think of Roadbuster and Whirl?

Starscream49

Every list of top 10 and bottom 10 are about the same. No one ever mentions the middle TFs. So I figured I would start some threads about them and get peoples opinion.

Roadbuster and Whirl

I particularly like these. Roadbuster was one of my favorites as a kid.

Both were great as were the deluxe Insecticons.Since none of these guys showed up on the cartoon or in the old comic book most fans don't have a place for them in their collections.It's a shame because all of them were awesome and look great.Roadbuster had great colors and a great robot mode.To me Whirl would have served better as a Decepticon due to his look.

its the big green jeep thing right?.. the one thats on the cover of dons and furmans new tf series correct?.. If so I think this thing kicks ass :) I brought the original one time at a fleamarket I didn't know what it was but I knew it was sweet looking I'm glad it turned out to have got stuck in the tf line down the road :)

Whirl is cool too though I don't have one my self You can tell just by looking at em :)

I liked Whirl quite a bit....he was a very good looking helicopter, but the bot mode was rather weak and the head was maybe a bit too Shockwave for me.

I liked Whirl quite a bit....he was a very good looking helicopter, but the bot mode was rather weak and the head was maybe a bit too Shockwave for me.

They are robots why should shockwave be the only one eye ? :P

Meh. They seemed to really swell the ranks of the Autobots. I never got them as I only get what appeared in the cartoon.

Ah!! you're one of them weird ones :P I've never quite got you people :D you miss out on good stuff just because "it wasn't in the series" hahah

Whirl and Roadbuster are a-ok in my book. I totally dig the both of them.

its the big green jeep thing right?.. the one thats on the cover of dons and furmans new tf series correct?

Here ya go synch: TFU.info. Do some research with this website and come back a true Transformer fan. @smilepunch@

Be glad we didn't get the third vehicle from the series that they're actually from(Armored Trooper Dorvack): Bonaparte Tulcas. I had a KO of the figure when I was a kid, and the stickers for his face made him look totally awesome...and by totally awesome, I mean Bozo the Clown levels of totally awesome. Of course, the KO's paint scheme was a lot better than the original's, it would seem.

i can understand getting whats in the show but not bypassing a good figure just cause it isnt.

Much agreed. Armorhide and Downshift from Cybertron are two great examples of that, just like Whirl and Roadbuster from G1. I mean, I'd totally sacrifice one of the crappier molds of a character that appeared on the show to that. Actually, a thought just hit me:

Collecting only the show appearance individuals does mean that you can avoid Twintwist and Topspin, but....it means the loss of someone like Doubledealer.....but the required purchase of....

The Throttlebots!

Pardon me while I shudder over in the corner.

I got Whirl as a kid after they ran out of Jetfires in my local toystore (I was saving up for Jetfire for months too! :().

At first I liked it because the chopper-mode reminded me of Blue Thunder (I loved that show as a kid!), but the toy didn't grew on me as it wasn't in the show. I ended up trading it for a Computron with one limb missing when I was 12.

I still regret making that choice. I'd love to have Whirl back in my collection now.

Come to think of it, I still need a Jetfire too :s

Actually, a thought just hit me:

Collecting only the show appearance individuals does mean that you can avoid Twintwist and Topspin, but....it means the loss of someone like Doubledealer.....but the required purchase of....

The Throttlebots!

Pardon me while I shudder over in the corner.

Hey, I like the Throttlebots! :P

I had Roadbuster as a kid, and loved him! He came with quite a bit of parts and was armed to the teeth. Was one of my faves. Whirl looks great in vehicle mode, but his robot mode is a little iffy. Not bad just a little less desirable than RB. Both great toys in my opinion, just from what I have seen of Whirl online, he looks cool.

i LOVE roaduster!!! he was my first BIG tf. before that i really only had the small litle bots like bumble bee or the combiner limbs/constructicons. oh how i wish for a brand new one MISB....so i could RIP it open!!!!!

I love Whirl's design. Though with a cold un-emotional face like Shockwaves (and sort of the colour scheme, too) he should have been a Decepticon methinks.