25th Anniversary Figures

tonystark

Either vintage RAH style, or the wave 7/SW ROTC style. Personally I wouldn't mind a few in wave 7/SW ROTC style.

If they do reissues, they better not hold back and get cheap, and re-release the stuff they know people will buy (like the WHALE) instead of crap that's easy and cheap for them (like frankenstein figures from VvV/JvC parts).

and no more re-issuing stuff they know people are dying for, and ruining it... like the Hydrofoil.

that marbel plastic is still pissing me off

Either vintage RAH style, or the wave 7/SW ROTC style. Personally I wouldn't mind a few in wave 7/SW ROTC style.

If they do reissues, they better not hold back and get cheap, and re-release the stuff they know people will buy (like the WHALE) instead of crap that's easy and cheap for them (like frankenstein figures from VvV/JvC parts).

and no more re-issuing stuff they know people are dying for, and ruining it... like the Hydrofoil.

@loll@ @loll@

I really wanted it, but at the store seeing it with my own eyes ended up avoiding it. It's a shame too because I was really looking forward to it.

Still, I personally expect them to do what's cheap and easy for them, and release more crappy frankenstein VvV/JvC figures. Screw the fans! We're flies on a horse's ass! They'll just do what's best for themselves even if everything they release rots in the stores.

I just want to see all new scuplts, meaning they be the best ever. I could go for the S6 articulation in a 3 3/ figure, but only the articulation. I would love to see the figures on vintage cards like the Star Wars OTC. I think everyone basically knows we'll see Duke, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, Destro, Storm Shadow, Firefly, and Scarlett, as those are givens. Here's some characters I would like to see.

Scarlett V1

Rock n' Roll V1

Crimson Guard V1

Tomax/Xamot the Crimson Twins(Release them in a 2 pack like the originals)

Shipwreck V1

Mutt and Junkyard V1

Buzzer

Ripper

Torch

Zartan V1

Dusty

Gung Ho

Roadblock

One can dream but I'd like to see a newly constructed SKYSTRIKER w/ new ACE figure

and a newly constructed Rattler w/Wild Weasel.

What I'm hoping for are new sculpt figures that utilize the o-ring structure. A nice variety of figures and characters that resemble RAH designs (I would love a new sculpt version of Roadblock v2).

However, what I expect to get are 2 Sigma 6-esque six packs (that Joe fans will almost universally hate, but Hasbro will think they want). One Joe and one Cobra. The Joe pack will have Duke, Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Heavy Duty, Shipwreck, and Flint. The Cobra pack will have Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Firefly, Storm Shadow, and Zartan. At least that is what I expect to see when it is time.

I like Bradman's list

Ball-joint neck (like Major Barrage, Cover Girl, etc.)

Injection molded shoulders

Elbow joints like Marvel Showdown (double joint so arm can bend inwards more)

Swivel Wrist

O-ring waist

Swivel Mid-Thigh

Knees like Marvel Showdown (double joint)

Ankle joints like Spy Troops Duke

Except change the ankle joints to the ones Recondo had. Those Duke/Night Creeper ones don't stand to well when the joint wears out. And, while Major Barrage looked good, the others (especially Cover Girl) looked pretty crappy with the new neck.

One thing though, is if they give us RAH versions, I sure hope they try to give use the original equipment too.

What might be interesting would be 2-pack styles. Each 2 pack would have the character's "original" version and a "new" version.

And I don't believe we will see Duke, Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Heavy Duty, Gung Ho and Destro. MAYBE Cobra Commander and Snake Eyes at most. it is the RAH anniversary, meant to appeal even more to adult collectors. As a form of proof, I remind you that, of 4 waves of DTC, we haven't seen ANY overused characters (unless you count the Crimson Guard. In fact, I think we will see a few items we wouldn't have expected, like the Medi-Viper or Grand Slam.

Whatever they decide, I don't think we will be surprised to see frankenjoes. I just hope at the LEAST they give the characters some new heads (where appropriate), instead of pukeface Bazooka pretending to be Grand Slam.

Didn't Hasbro say they wouldn't be doing vehicles for the 3" line? Given the circumstances, I think a Joe and Cobra vehicle would be a good addition. Maybe the H.I.S.S. II and Dragonfly or something (hopefully it won't "switch sides" again).

One can dream but I'd like to see a newly constructed SKYSTRIKER w/ new ACE figure

newly constructed?

I don't get what you are saying there.. you mean like newly designed, but kinda looking like the originals?

I think they should just give up making new vehicles all together and just do re-issues only... some people might like new sculpt Joes better than RAH.. but I don't think there can be any argument of which vehicles are better.

they will never, ever, make vehicles even close to the originals

newly constructed?

I don't get what you are saying there.. you mean like newly designed, but kinda looking like the originals?

I think they should just give up making new vehicles all together and just do re-issues only... some people might like new sculpt Joes better than RAH.. but I don't think there can be any argument of which vehicles are better.

they will never, ever, make vehicles even close to the originals

I think they could...if they stopped with the crappy "special" features (like that lame spring open side door on the R.H.I.N.O.).

What I'd like to see is a series of two packs. Each two pack would have the vintage figure packed with a brand new sculpt of the same figure. So you'd get like V1 Duke with a New Sculpt Duke based on V1 Duke.

What I'd like to see is a series of two packs. Each two pack would have the vintage figure packed with a brand new sculpt of the same figure. So you'd get like V1 Duke with a New Sculpt Duke based on V1 Duke.

They actually planned to do that back in 2001 for the 20th anniversary set. Their original plans were for a "before and after" series starting with Cobra Commander, but after they couldn't find the original CC mold (used just five years earlier for the Chinese release) they said "screw it," gave up on the idea completely, and gave us the suck-tacular first wave of JvC instead.

@loll@ @loll@

I really wanted it, but at the store seeing it with my own eyes ended up avoiding it. It's a shame too because I was really looking forward to it.

Still, I personally expect them to do what's cheap and easy for them, and release more crappy frankenstein VvV/JvC figures. Screw the fans! We're flies on a horse's ass! They'll just do what's best for themselves even if everything they release rots in the stores.

I picked up the hydrofoil, but if it had been a cobra vehicle, I would have picked up two or three.

It has been stated that Hasbro had to make it a Joe Vehicle or TRU would not have wanted it because "bad guy vehicles don't sell."

Interesting that retailers are not having a problem with the foot-long 2.5" Firebat. @hmmm@

They actually planned to do that back in 2001 for the 20th anniversary set. Their original plans were for a "before and after" series starting with Cobra Commander, but after they couldn't find the original CC mold (used just five years earlier for the Chinese release) they said "screw it," gave up on the idea completely, and gave us the suck-tacular first wave of JvC instead.

Well I hope they consider it again. Maybe this time start with guys they KNOW they have and work on finding ones they arn't sure about (Ala Cobra Commander).

Hey Clam, by newly constructed vehicles I meant new molds but resembling the orinigal version.

yeah.. I don't see the point of that... the originals were perfect... new paint jobs would make for great releases

Hey Clam, by newly constructed vehicles I meant new molds but resembling the orinigal version.

yeah.. I don't see the point of that... the originals were perfect... new paint jobs would make for great releases

The last time Hasbro tried to take a classic and altered it to be "new," they messed it up and made it ugly (the VAMP).

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/04/vamp3/

before that, they altered the Polar Battle Bear with an unrealistically missle launcher on the back and added sound attack stff to the Snow Cat, Rattler and several others.

Unless they're restoring a lost mold, I think Hasbro should keep it's hands off changing the classic vehicles.

The last time Hasbro tried to take a classic and altered it to be "new," they messed it up and made it ugly (the VAMP).

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/04/vamp3/

before that, they altered the Polar Battle Bear with an unrealistically missle launcher on the back and added sound attack stff to the Snow Cat, Rattler and several others.

Unless they're restoring a lost mold, I think Hasbro should keep it's hands off changing the classic vehicles.

Except for the Snow Cat (which I think was improved by the gun addition), i'd have to agree with you.

But based on the Moray, I don't believe they WOULD alter the classic vehicles. The impetus (trying to get more kids to buy with gimmicks) is gone and the line is geared more towards collectors. And they have to know that we HATE that crap.