Batman LEGO Comic Con exclusive

reideen1313

those things were so hard to get i went all the days and lost everyday, had to use my charm on others to get them to do the raffle and only one of them one, but then i used my charm on the lady that ran the both and she said she'd hold it for me and she did WOO HOO!!!!!!!

yeah, these things were near impossible to get. but, i got one, thanks to jj's pimpin' skills... B)

I can't speak for anyone else, but the main reason I want it is because I'm a huge LEGO and Batman fan. I already have two of each of those figures, but the collector in me wants the box set just to have it and put it on display... and occasionally press the laugh button. :)

It's cool that the figures aren't different, though. That way I won't totally feel like I missed out on something if I never get one.

I'm only reading this thread because I picked up my first Batman lego today (well first lego in a while really) and love it. I got set 7781 - Batman vs. Two Face. I think it's awesome, but I almost didn't get it. I actually bought it because I put together this huge weight lifting system and it made me nostalgic for when I used to put together Legos.

Still, I'm not one to #$## about packaging, but when it comes to Lego you need to entice people because it's one of the rare toys that isn't pre assembled. So you can't just display it in fancy window packaging.

I just don't think the darkish batman packaging is all that appealing. And all the cgi effects in the world will never be as cool as those old pirate boxes and ads they had, where they put together a huge world, and often would have a certain perspective like you'd be with the British soldier captains looking out over the havok surrounding.

Don't laugh, but I would spend hours studying those old pirate ad booklets. Lego used to know what the hell they were doing, but lately, with an awesome pirate movie franchise, they still haven't rereleased the pirates as regular old school block toys (they had like half duplo from a few years ago, but those sucked).

Alright this is like my Lego post for the year so it was long, if you read it all I salute you.

The condensed version - "Lego stinks now, but I like their Batman stuff"

• 2 weeks later...

this thing is so awsome. It was so hard to get but i managed to get them. by far my favorite peice from SDCC this year. The Mark Hamil voice chip just makes it even better.

100_0464.jpg

100_0465.jpg

got a few of them.

• 2 weeks later...

that is cool!

ahhhh I miss lego people packs with a wack load of accessorys,I use to buy up one of each just cause!! Those were the days :D