attic treasure finds!!!!!

KENNY GUIDO

I was inspecting an attic today for a dormer a homeowner was getting and he had emptied it out except for 2 army foot lockers. I was very curious so I decided to take a look inside and one had a large assorment of boxed transformers. There was metroplex, jetfire, a few cars and some jets. the other was even better.....it was filled with GI JOES!!!!! there was the hovercraft, hydrofoil, tactical platform, vamp, havoc, howitzer, s.n.a.k.e, dragonfly, water mocassin and a large assortment of figures. I alerted the homeowner of the boxes and he thanked me for letting him know. he has forgotten about them. He had asked me to have my men to gut out the attic. I could have kept them but there was a little voice inside telling me to alert him. he told me he was holding on to them for his son. I told him if he had any intentions on selling them to please let me know.

Boy, I would have loved to have added all those toys to my collection!

That's really cool! You did the right thing, I would have been very tempted as well. :D

I am surprised you didn't find some way to stash them until you could get them later @lol@

no need to stash them as I was told to do with whatever I wanted with what was left in the attic.

I was glad I told the homeowner. i felt that that those were jis memories of his childhood and to hear that he wanted to pass them on to his son made me feel better.

My brother was shocked that I didnt keep them for myself.

I was inspecting an attic today for a dormer a homeowner was getting and he had emptied it out except for 2 army foot lockers. I was very curious so I decided to take a look inside and one had a large assorment of boxed transformers. There was metroplex, jetfire, a few cars and some jets. the other was even better.....it was filled with GI JOES!!!!! there was the hovercraft, hydrofoil, tactical platform, vamp, havoc, howitzer, s.n.a.k.e, dragonfly, water mocassin and a large assortment of figures. I alerted the homeowner of the boxes and he thanked me for letting him know. he has forgotten about them. He had asked me to have my men to gut out the attic. I could have kept them but there was a little voice inside telling me to alert him. he told me he was holding on to them for his son. I told him if he had any intentions on selling them to please let me know.

dude, metroplex, getfire?? g1???? boxed???? o man.....i would have BEGGED the guy for at least ONE of those, as i was born in 1990 and have no easy way to getting any vintage figures of transformers, gi joe, or star wars >.<

that was a joke man... as you are famous for "stashing"

I know.......:)

I havent been stashing much lately, tho.

dude, metroplex, getfire?? g1???? boxed???? o man.....i would have BEGGED the guy for at least ONE of those, as i was born in 1990 and have no easy way to getting any vintage figures of transformers, gi joe, or star wars >.<

I was more excited to see the boxed metroplex because I already own a boxed jetfire that I scored at a garage sale for $3 a few summers ago. I told the guy I was interested but once he said it was for his son, I backed off.

now, if it were a footlocker full of vintage star wars figure......that would have been something totally different! @firedevil@

thats nice of you to not ask for it. i would have just kept stairing at it, because ive never seen a boxed g1 in person >.< and if those had vintage star wars....id be like ill pay you 50 bux a piece >.< your son wouldnt want these old things, hed rather have the new ones. lol, so true too.

I did stare at them for a while! a good 10 minutes before I built up the courage to notify the homeowner.

I think we are all amazed you did :D hopefully he is indeed kepeing them for his son and not just throwing em on ebay :S was there anything notable about that metroplex mib? :D that would allmost be funny if you could find it up there on ebay heh!

I have to say I duno what I would have done my self finding those scores :P specialy since he said to just keep anything or whatever & holy cr** @ $3 jetfire find! How did you pull that one off allmost anything like that gets yoinked right away by dealers at sales! You musta been there right as they brought it out or some such Allso interesting to know you are a tf fan as well!

I think we are all amazed you did :D hopefully he is indeed kepeing them for his son and not just throwing em on ebay :S was there anything notable about that metroplex mib? :D that would allmost be funny if you could find it up there on ebay heh!

I have to say I duno what I would have done my self finding those scores :P specialy since he said to just keep anything or whatever & holy cr** @ $3 jetfire find! How did you pull that one off allmost anything like that gets yoinked right away by dealers at sales! You musta been there right as they brought it out or some such Allso interesting to know you are a tf fan as well!

we normally throw away what ever is left in the attic or rooms that we build in, unless they give us special directions. This was something I have been wishing for since I started in this industry 5 years ago.

the boxed jetfire I scored was in the town over from me. the price sticker read "$3" so I dove on it asap. I go to gargae sales every saturday and make it out early enough but there is so many garage sales to hit before the collectors get to them. I run into a lot of toy collectors, pisses me off.

one toy collector I know is from the same town as me and he found a howard stern crucified by the fcc set and he got it seconds before I saw it. the homeowner wanted $10 and the guy chewed him down to $7 and I told the homeowner I would give him $15 for it. The collector got pissed at me. :)