Best of the DTC army Builders

useless

Best of the DTC army Builders  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which Single Pack DTC army Builder is your fav?

• Medi Viper
    • Crimson Gaurd
    • Snow Serpent
    • Range Viper
    • SAW Viper
    • Cobra Trooper
    • Night Viper
    • Cobra Officer

Ya know, that kinda ticks me off.

For all the complaints (ESPECIALLY at this board) over the Trooper and his mold usage, and people think he is the best troop builder?

Not a bad figure, but hardly what I would consider all that spectacular.

I went with the Range Viper. Solid mold, good colors, FANTASTIC accessories

I don't like the Trooper that much. Its ok. I went with the Range Viper. Great fig. After that I would say the CG. I couldnt vote for the Officer or the Night Viper because I need to see it in person to decide.

Oh yeah and the SAW was great too.

For all the complaints (ESPECIALLY at this board) over the Trooper and his mold usage, and people think he is the best troop builder?

that is pretty funny. and this is why Hasbro SHOULD NEVER listen to the wants or requests of Joe fans, because they are going to complain no matter what when they first see a product simply because it doesn't adhere to what they would have done.

Range Viper is the best one, simply because most of the others already looked good in new sculpt form before DTC.

Snow Serpent is a figure i'd consider to be a close second, but the Snow Wolf is already the best looking Snow Serpent ever.

Medi-Viper is a new character but he has a limited speciality.

The Crimson Guard already had cool RAH figures. The update was unnecessary, not to mention it didn't look that thrilling either.

SAW Viper was fairly an improvement over the original, but used a GIJOE's mold, not to mention he had that stupid skirt.

COBRA Trooper is one of the lousiest looking army builders i've seen. I can't believe he's got the most votes right now. The Ghost Bear mold was truly a poor choice. Ditto with COBRA Officer.

Night Viper doesn't even look like a Night Viper. He looks more like a Ninja Viper who achieved the next level(of what? i dunno).

yeah, you know, cause those whole 5 people that voted for the Trooper represents why whoooole Joe fandom ;)

Actually I was one of the DTC Troopers strongest defenders when the pics first surfaced, and still am, but frankly the Range Viper is IMO one of the best new sculpt army builders full stop, and the trooper isn't quite at that level.

I like the CGs the best. I know they can't sit because of the skirt thing, but I think they look great and I was delighted to army build them.

Snow Serpent is my second choice - I love the updated classic colors and accessories. I don't hate the Cobra Trooper (I have ten of them), but I would never pick it as the best.

Guest McBragg

SAW-Viper.

I didn't have Rollbar, so he was like all new to me. Swivel wrists rule. I hate the skirt, but the next best choice, Crimson Guard has the skirt and those wide shoulders, meaning he can only shoot from the hip. Looks cool standing around, which is pretty much all he can do.

Range Viper just a little short. I didn't like the weapons choice, and a wilderness troop who can't wear a pack?? I like having one, never got myself to buy another.

Medi-viper had a skirt and that tall, awkward Scapel body with the arms stick out too much at the shoulder. Too surgeon-like...

Snow Serpent is cool, but just a repaint.

Cobra trooper, i think more people like him for what he is, a "new" sculpt Cobra trooper. I kept see all new sculpt diorama stories but the creator still used TRU cobra infantry. Some really wanted the cobras in new sculpt form. It's an okay figure, but should've been better.

officer same deal.

Night Viper, ick...Kamakura in night ops. Maybe Sgt. Airborne and Kamakura's love child. Not convincing to me. Even compared to SAW Viper. I might just get one anyway.

Range Vipers over the Cobra Trooper.

If the Cobra trooper had a better helmet it would of been at the top.

Thats my problem with him, it never stays on correctly! It would have been better as a harder mater.!

I voted Snow Serpent.

Best update to the original.

Almost same acceosories as original, great improvement

WOuld have voted Range Viper, but That snow serpent hits a special part in my heart...

What, no Night Watch love?

OK so it's the news culpts that are the point here. I'm voting SAW Viper. Seriously.

That figure, with it's realistic mold and only slightly weird color scheme it put the original SAW V and it's ugly UGLY Python repaint both deep into canidacy for the CFB and that's the only place those figure belong. SHEESH. Finally I could use the SAW Vipers alongside my RangeRock Vipers, my Vipers, my Flak Viper 1s, and my Gyro Vipers and not be embarrassed.

The DTC Range Viper made me forget that the SAW Viper was once a total reject (who happened to get a shot of respectability in the comic by divine intervention).

QUOTE(Stevy Maximus @ Jul 12 2006, 11:23 AM)

that is pretty funny. and this is why Hasbro SHOULD NEVER listen to the wants or requests of Joe fans, because they are going to complain no matter what when they first see a product simply because it doesn't adhere to what they would have done.

I'm one of the biggest hippos on this one. @smilepunch@

Now I'm all over the Trooper.