Hasbro's Customer Service Line and TRU's Customer Service Counter

Whitewolf

Last week, as several others here on TNI have done, out of morbid curiosity I broke down and bought one of the new 2.5" Sigma 6 vehicles. In my case, it was the Dune Runner. I was mildly impressed with what I saw, so today I went back for the Cobra Mantis mech. If the Dune Runner was slightly entertaining, the Mantis is downright awesome.

I opened the box and took out the mech's body and the instruction sheet. Once I looked the instructions over, my opinion of the "New Sigma 6" vastly improved. "This," I thought to myself, "is incredibly cool!" The Mantis has no less than 4 battle modes...

They are:

*Ambush Mode

*Attack Mode

*Venom Mode

*Strike Mode

I then took the 5 small plastic bags of accessories included with the mech out of the box and laid them out carefully. Before assembling it, I made sure everything was there...

Destro? Check...

Dual Missile Launcher? Check...

Right upper leg assembly? Check...

Left upper leg assembly? Check...

Right mid-leg assembly? Check...

Left mid-leg assembly? Check...

Right shin/foot? Check...

Second right shin/foot? Check...wait...what?

Left shin/foot? Nope...

Um...wait, lemme recheck that again. Looks in box again...

What I have is yet again another example of Hasbro's shining Quality Control: Two right legs.

Sigma6003.jpg

Sigma6002.jpg

For the second time in less than a month, I've been the victim of shoddy QC. The first incident involved a Star Wars Hem Dazon with two left feet, which I've posted about over in the SW Forums. It's becoming apparent to me that Hasbro hires people in QC who still need someone else to tie their shoes for them. But that's not my gripe here...

Let me share my most enlightening experience in trying to get the situation rectified...

First, I called Hasbro's Customer Service number. I reluctantly made the call, remembering my horrible RHINO experience I had over the Christmas holidays. And Hasbro made it abundently clear that their brand of customer service is a year-round hospitality. After a surprisingly short wait, I was connected to Hasbro CS Rep Julie. She was a joy to speak with, considering that the tone in her voice made her sound like she'd rather be having a tooth extracted. This chick has fine-tuned the art of actually being able to convey rolling her eyes by the tone of her voice...

Here's how the entire Hasbro conversation went:

HCS: Hello, this is Julie. How may I help you?

ME: Hi there. Hopefully you can. I purchased one of the new 2.5" Sigma 6 vehicles today and...

HCS: (cuts me off rather curtly) Sir, which vehicle was it?

ME: The Cobra Mantis Mech.

HCS: Just a moment please...(I can hear the clicking of a keyboard in the background) I see nothing in our catalog by that name. The only current item I see is something called "Mission: Mech Strike."

ME: Yes, that's it. The reason I'm calling is because it was packed with two right legs and I was wondering if I could order a left...

HCS: (cuts me off again in mid-sentence) Sir, those items are new and do not have spare parts available. The only thing I can do is send you a shipping label and have you ship it back to us for a replacement. However, my computer shows that our inventory of that item is currently out of stock, so we will most likely ship you a similar item instead.

ME: Really? Out of stock? Well, I guess...

HCS: Your name and address please...along with a valid daytime phone number?

ME: (gives her the information)

HCS: Alright, the shipping label will be on its way to you. In light of this being a new product, the shipping time can be as long as 6 weeks.

ME: (sighs) Alright, thank you for your time.

(hangs up)

Okay...HASBRO SCREWS UP, and then tells me that I may have to wait up to 6 weeks for them to fix the situation. Wonderful...

So...I do the next best thing. I called the TRU that I bought the mech from to see if it has another one in stock so that I could swap it out. This conversation was no less chock-full of people skills.

Here's the TRU phone call in its entirety:

TRU: Thank you for choosing your Frederick Toys R Us. This is Nadine, how may I help you?

ME: Hi. I bought a Sigma 6 vehicle today and I need to swap it out for another one. It's...

TRU: (cuts me off) Everything we have is out on the floor.

ME: Well, okay. See, its missing a part and I was just needing to swap it out.

TRU: Oh, you already opened the item? I'm sorry, but we can't do anything for you if it's been opened.

ME: I'm sorry...what?

TRU: (sounding exasperated) Our new return policy states that in order for us to accept a returned item, it must be unopened and with a receipt.

ME: So you mean to tell me that because I opened it and found that one of the legs on this thing is the wrong one, I can't even return it now?

TRU: Yes sir.

ME: So you now treat all returns the same way you treat PC game returns?

TRU: Yes sir.

ME: That's insane, but okay.

TRU: (sighs) Is there anything else I can help you with?

ME: No, thanks.

TRU: (very forced) Have a nice day...

(hangs up)

So bottom line, I'm stuck with a mech with two right legs unless I do what Hasbro suggests and wait 6 weeks to get one that MAY have a right and left leg.

I swear...I hate dealing with the public sometimes. Apparently as much as the public hates dealing with me... @grumpy@

Take it back to TRU in person, get the manager and explain clearly in person what is wrong with the toy, and that you want a simple exchange. If there is still a problem, contact the area rep. The girl Julie was wrong as far as my local TRU is concerned.

I don't see what's "rude" about either of these two people and their exchanges with you.

So you didn't get satisfaction from them--they were just doing their jobs--I don't see anything rude about how they handled themselves.

Really, as a matter of consumer law, they've done all they are obliged to--heck, Hasbro is sending you the shipping label ON THEIR DIME. TRU isn't obligated to accept returns at all, if they so choose, so...........what's the problem here?

You didn't get satisfaction so that automatically means these people are incompetent, unprofessional and out to screw you?

Gimme a break.

I don't see what's "rude" about either of these two people and their exchanges with you.

So you didn't get satisfaction from them--they were just doing their jobs--I don't see anything rude about how they handled themselves.

Really, as a matter of consumer law, they've done all they are obliged to--heck, Hasbro is sending you the shipping label ON THEIR DIME. TRU isn't obligated to accept returns at all, if they so choose, so...........what's the problem here?

You didn't get satisfaction so that automatically means these people are incompetent, unprofessional and out to screw you?

Gimme a break.

Do you work in customer service buddy or what's the deal? Just so you know, this reply you left was rude also.

Guest McBragg

Can you put the contents back in the box and reseal it?

Lie like dog if they ask if it's been opened. Ir you want this "Fixed" quickly, that is.

I suspect collectors are partly the reason for the new return policy. figure swappers and out right thieves returning who knows what in boxes. ruining it for everybody.

There's a big chance Hasbro won't send you another Mantis mech you realize? "Item of equal value" is what they committ to. Might not even be 2.5"

things have changed, old days Kenner would replace parts...often for free. I recall my brother broke his millenium falcon cannon and got another one. "We really do care" was their motto.

i remember returning a stun to k-mart because it had two left gun pods.

TRU new policy went into effect in Mobile Al on June 10th (I believe that was the date) I too got stuck, but it is just one of those situations that happens, my sister picked me up a few comic packs for my birthday, I already had them, I hadn't opened them, and in the past TRU had exchanged unopened product, but the new policy states no returns without a recipt, I get it......Toys r us closed a chunk of it's stores and now they are trying to keep as much money as possible to keep costs down, I on the otherhand am stuck with these comic packs, and now I have to keep recipts in the event of a return. Thanks for the Quality customer care, what happened to the customer was always right?

Arrow I think it has less to do with what they can do for you and more about their attitude.

Either rep could have done everything wanted and still been rude and vice versa they could have been very polite but unable to help him. From his description both reps were neither polite nor helpful and thats the problem.

If they had been nice about not being able to help then I am sure he wouldn't have called them rude but rather ranted on Hasbro and TRU's policies.

From what Whitewolf described both were rude and unwilling/unable to help...a very bad combo for a customer service rep especially when the company is at fault and the customer is getting hosed.

On a side not everyone at my TRU is rude. Its funny because the people at Babies R Us are really nice and just a couple blocks down there's TRU. My wife and I joke that the people at TRU are the rejects from Babies R Us.

Gimme a break.

Do you work in customer service buddy or what's the deal? Just so you know, this reply you left was rude also.

Okay, please humour me.........what's rude about calling into question the guy's rant?

I think he's off-base in his reaction--what about that makes me rude?

He got an honest , blunt opinion that he was wrong in his assessment.

Oooh, because i think he's wrong, that makes me rude?

He transcripted his conversation with the customer-relations people, and not once did they say anything offensive, they simply gave him the info on what their policy was, and in the Hasbro case, AGREED TO PAY TO SHIP THE TOY BACK TO THEM.

What is rude about that?

I tell ya what.........."rude" would be me taking pains to denigrate the starting poster, calling his parentage, gardening habits , the way he watches TV and what-not into question...........but take a hard look at what I wrote.......did I say anything like that?

I'll respect your intelligence enough to let you answer that on your own.

Arrow I think it has less to do with what they can do for you and more about their attitude.

Either rep could have done everything wanted and still been rude and vice versa they could have been very polite but unable to help him. From his description both reps were neither polite nor helpful and thats the problem.

If they had been nice about not being able to help then I am sure he wouldn't have called them rude but rather ranted on Hasbro and TRU's policies.

From what Whitewolf described both were rude and unwilling/unable to help...a very bad combo for a customer service rep especially when the company is at fault and the customer is getting hosed.

On a side not everyone at my TRU is rude. Its funny because the people at Babies R Us are really nice and just a couple blocks down there's TRU. My wife and I joke that the people at TRU are the rejects from Babies R Us.

What more can those reps do?

One offers to have the company pay to ship the toy back to them--and explained they didn't have stock to replace that item, the other cites policy that essentially ties his hands on the return.

Do they have to say they are profusely sorry? Do they have to bend their policy "just for you?

Neither swears at the caller, neither is condescending....so what makes them rude?

Sounds to me like they did their jobs and dealt with the matter as best they could--the outcome being that Whitewolf didnt get the satisfaction he sought on the matter.

And because he didn't get what he wants, that makes the reps rude?

C'mon!!

I suspect collectors are partly the reason for the new return policy. figure swappers and out right thieves returning who knows what in boxes. ruining it for everybody.

My guess is that is exactly why his return was declined.

Swapping has become a serious fraud crime and this is how stores deal with it--probably the only practical way they CAN deal with it.

Nevermore hit it right on the head. Sure, my options at this point are slim to none, but their attitudes were what ruined it for me.

A Hasbro customer service rep that acts like being on the phone with me irritates her so much that she doesn't even let me finish what I'm telling her before cutting me off with a rather nasty "just-get-to-the-GD-point-dickweed" tone in her voice IS NOT the way a company satisfies its customer base. Seriously, it was like being on the phone with Judge Judy. If that be the case, then Hasbro's CSRs should just answer the phone with "What the hell do YOU want?" It would convey the same attitude, just in a much more direct way. If a person has the people skills of a wounded grizzly, customer service is not what they should apply for...

The TRU situation wasn't necessarily as nasty as the Hasbro situation, but it was more of a "you're wasting my time on the phone...that's just the way it is...nothing can be done about your stupid toy...so deal with it" attitude. No "I'm sorry for the inconvenience." or "Perhaps you'd like to speak to a manager." This is also not a good way to deal with incoming business calls...

Of course I'm a tad miffed about it, Arrow...you would be too, under the circumstances. Common decency goes a LONG way in dealing with the public, no matter how much a person may not like doing so.

I'm not pouting over not getting my way, as you are indicating. I accept that there is nothing that either company can do to rectify the situation in a timely manner. Fine. But it could have been told to me in a slightly less caustic manner than it was. Being blunt and acting unabashedly exasperated are two completely different things. When a CS person actually sighs in your ear like you're irritating them with your questions...that is being rude, plain and simple.

JUst go back to the Toys R US. You still have the reciept. THey have to exchange some shoddy merchandice of theirs.

Your not returning it. YOur EXchanging it for another one because it is defective.

They have to take it back.

And as for the other comments, well they are all just opinions, who cares. But if your not helping out then why be a jerk about a bad situation.

You know it is really werid, I have had similar problems with TRU until lately. I went to a TRU in Valdosta Georgia and they were like SUPER NICE helping me find everything i was looking for. Yes, for the longest time, I would joke about how the TRU employees would say if they had anything in stock and their reply would always be,"Everything we have is on the floor" Heck, I even said it to them before they answered. The girl gave me a werid look but I got a hint of satisfaction from it;) lol

Personally, I would go back to the TRU and speak to the manager. If that doesn't work, call Hasbro again or you can take it back to Walmart LMAO!

Hasbro's customer service just plain sucks. I sent in for the Mail-a-Way Storm Shadow, and never received it. I checked my bank records and the check was cashed. I called Hasbro and they told me they never received my order. I faxed them a copy of the posted check and they said that they'd send my order out. After countless emails with the same automated response...I gave up...and still no Storm Shadow.

The same thing happened with a SW C3PO collectors case that was missing parts. I emailed and got a response that replacement parts weren't available, but I'd receive another item of equal valve...still nothing...

Are the customer service lines outsourced??

JUst go back to the Toys R US. You still have the reciept. THey have to exchange some shoddy merchandice of theirs.

Your not returning it. YOur EXchanging it for another one because it is defective.

They have to take it back.

And as for the other comments, well they are all just opinions, who cares. But if your not helping out then why be a jerk about a bad situation.

Check your consumer laws--they may NOT have to.

Alot of North American consumer law is based on the premise of caveat emptor--let the buyer beware.

In most cases, once a agreement to purchase is made the contract a store has with you is sealed. They are NOT obligated to accept the item back, as that constitutes another contract.

The practise for about the last 100 years approx has been to honour the return as a means of keeping the customer happy. That's all it is.

There is often no legal obligation to accept the item back.

Some jurisdictions have "buyers remorse" or "lemon" legislation that allows you to back out of a purchase for a big-ticket item, like a house or car, but that is not standard everywhere, and only comes into place over a threshold cost.

First, go to the store, and talk to the manager. Carry the product with you so you can show him/her in detail the problem.

If that does not work, hope that you used a credit card for the purchase. I always do...even tough I pay off the balance every month. You can call the credit card company and block payment for a defective product. Let TRU do the work to get the money from you. When they call/write you to tell you that you owe them for a product that was purchased and then the credit payment was rejected, you can politely offer to return the product to their store, in order to rectify the situation.

I have never had to do this personally, but having the peace of mind helps.

Arrow, the whole point of customer service is to serve the customer. Any good manager that has worked in customer service jobs knows they need to try and make the customer happy.

I used to manage a pizza place and a video store and the 1st thing you do when you make a mistake is apologize. That didnt happen so obviously these customer service reps didn't read the manual.

You asked if they need to profusely say sorry and the answer is YES! Thats how a company has good customer service. If a customer has good customer service the customer will be more than likely to go there. After you hang up with a customer service rep you should feel good not pissed off. Here's a couple of examples.

When I was managing the pizza place we had a customer bring his order back saying his food was cold. He was late in getting there to pick it up (and honestly it wasn't that cold). I could have told him "Don't know what to tell you, our policy doesn't require me to remake it." But I didn't. I remade his order of 4 pizzas. Ever since then he was in every week buying 4 pizzas. Because I had good customer service skills and honestly tried to make the customer happy I turned this customer into a once a week buyer who would drop about $30 a week at our store. Had I just dismissed him we would have lost his business completely. Now it doesn't stop with him. How many people has he told to come to our establishment because of the excellent customer service he got? Had I not remade his order how many people would he have told to stay away from our establishment?

Once I went to Carl's Jr. They took awhile to get my food ready. I didn't even have to complain they called me up, apologized to me for the wait and offered me a soda while I waited. Now did I leave that establishment happy despite having my food take a long time? Hell yeah I did. The soda wasn't much, I wasn't even that thirsty, it's the fact that someone cared about me leaving the store happy. So that person made sure I did.

If we messed up an order at the pizza place then you better believe we offered breadsticks or a soda...something so that our customer would be satisfied. We were the #2 selling store in the nation. At the video store if there was a problem you can bet credits were being handed out...and at the very least an apology. Most of the time people are satisfied with just an apology.

Thats just good business practice. They didnt do their job because no customer service reps real job is to just handle problems, its to handle problems so that the customer is happy and will feel good about coming back and giving you his/her money. Obviously Whitewolf isn't too thrilled with either TRU or Hasbro so those customer service reps he dealt with failed miserably at their jobs.

Ask to speak to a supervisor when on the phone and ask for the store manager when in person. The lackies that answer the phone and that work the counter can't do anything for you they will get fired. Sorry if the term lackies offends any lackies on here. ;)

you know, Arrow has a point

a) hasbro doesnt have to fix it, they are sending you a shipping label which costs them money, to try and resolve the problem, whether or not its the same toy, but of equal value.

B) TRU doesnt have to take your return there is no law stating so, they do it for customer satisfaction, but again they dont have to do anything

its messed up and id probably be irritated with it, but id most liekly had skipped phone calls and just returned it to the store.

and either bought the same, or waited untill i saw it again

just my .02

oh yeah and no one has a gun to these reps head to be polite, the chances of them actually getting

in any kind of poo for this is highly unlikely TRU has always been known for shotty customer service.

ive had two problems with Hasbro, and both were delt with quite fast and very professionally.

Thats right TRU is notorious for its poor customer service...and that may have something to do with so many of their stores being closed down.

Walmart too has crappy customer service but they have the lowest prices. TRU is expensive and not customer friendly. A very bad combo. I know if I had better experiences at TRU then I would have been more likely to pay a little more to avoid Walmart. But since I was going to be screwed either way then I might as well pay less.

Ccav you're right no one is holding a gun to their head...its a reflection of the company. The company should train their reps to be polite. If they dont live up to that expectation then they need to be fired. The fact that they dont reflects badly on the company as many people have said TRU sucks for customer service. When its that widespread you know its the company and at fault and not just some ahole rep thats having a bad day.

TRU did not do all they could. as a vendor of a product, they assume responsibility for the item and its quality. if there is a defect TRU IS obligated to return or at least exchange it. you aren't SOL because you opened it, TRU is responsible for the items they sell and must give you what you purchased. seeing that this item was missing a part, thus is not what you paid for, TRU is obligated to correct this. that is the law.

the new TRU policy restricts returns of opened products, not exchanges, just like you can return a defective video game but opnly for the same title. being that all you want to do is exchange it for a new one, this does not violate the policy and TRU is obligated to appease you. seems more like the customer service rep not knowing the difference between an exchange and return. in person you should be able to explain this difference and achieve satisfaction.

so go exchange it and it will be fine, then call corporate TRU and report the lack of training and/or ability to think by its employees. 1-800-869-7787.

Arrow, the whole point of customer service is to serve the customer. Any good manager that has worked in customer service jobs knows they need to try and make the customer happy.

I used to manage a pizza place and a video store and the 1st thing you do when you make a mistake is apologize. That didnt happen so obviously these customer service reps didn't read the manual.

You asked if they need to profusely say sorry and the answer is YES! Thats how a company has good customer service. If a customer has good customer service the customer will be more than likely to go there. After you hang up with a customer service rep you should feel good not pissed off. Here's a couple of examples.

When I was managing the pizza place we had a customer bring his order back saying his food was cold. He was late in getting there to pick it up (and honestly it wasn't that cold). I could have told him "Don't know what to tell you, our policy doesn't require me to remake it." But I didn't. I remade his order of 4 pizzas. Ever since then he was in every week buying 4 pizzas. Because I had good customer service skills and honestly tried to make the customer happy I turned this customer into a once a week buyer who would drop about $30 a week at our store. Had I just dismissed him we would have lost his business completely. Now it doesn't stop with him. How many people has he told to come to our establishment because of the excellent customer service he got? Had I not remade his order how many people would he have told to stay away from our establishment?

Once I went to Carl's Jr. They took awhile to get my food ready. I didn't even have to complain they called me up, apologized to me for the wait and offered me a soda while I waited. Now did I leave that establishment happy despite having my food take a long time? Hell yeah I did. The soda wasn't much, I wasn't even that thirsty, it's the fact that someone cared about me leaving the store happy. So that person made sure I did.

If we messed up an order at the pizza place then you better believe we offered breadsticks or a soda...something so that our customer would be satisfied. We were the #2 selling store in the nation. At the video store if there was a problem you can bet credits were being handed out...and at the very least an apology. Most of the time people are satisfied with just an apology.

Thats just good business practice. They didnt do their job because no customer service reps real job is to just handle problems, its to handle problems so that the customer is happy and will feel good about coming back and giving you his/her money. Obviously Whitewolf isn't too thrilled with either TRU or Hasbro so those customer service reps he dealt with failed miserably at their jobs.

Yes, its a good business practise, but some people thinking its law. Its not, and the retailers and service providers are not ( typically) bound to provided corrections once the original deal's been sealed. That is contract law.

Customer service reps job is essentially a liason between the retailer and the consumer, and they usually do what it takes to make ther customer happy, subject to the policies and mandates of the retailer they work for. The TRU MAY have enacted the no return policy for action figures to counter fraud, which is a legit reason for them. Whitewolf did not mention asking WHY they didn't accept returns, be just grudgingly accepted their policy at face value.

TRU did not do all they could. as a vendor of a product, they assume responsibility for the item and its quality. if there is a defect TRU IS obligated to return or at least exchange it. you aren't SOL because you opened it, TRU is responsible for the items they sell and must give you what you purchased. seeing that this item was missing a part, thus is not what you paid for, TRU is obligated to correct this. that is the law.

the new TRU policy restricts returns of opened products, not exchanges, just like you can return a defective video game but opnly for the same title. being that all you want to do is exchange it for a new one, this does not violate the policy and TRU is obligated to appease you. seems more like the customer service rep not knowing the difference between an exchange and return. in person you should be able to explain this difference and achieve satisfaction.

so go exchange it and it will be fine, then call corporate TRU and report the lack of training and/or ability to think by its employees. 1-800-869-7787.

Oh please, show us where this is written in law.

Contract law, as I was taught has provisions for returns on high value purchases--citing buyers remorse or "lemon" flaws, but not for minor purchases you'd find at a TRU. That's the standard in North America--Canada and the USA.

Once the agreement to purchase has been made, and money changes hands, the deal is sealed and considered done.

Returing an item BACK to the retailer starts ANOTHER deal and is subject to the acceptance of both parties.

Stores enacted return policies ONLY to keep customers returning to those stores, there is NO law that says they have to honour returns.

Check this out if you doubt me.

Think about this for a minute........if the retailer is obligated to appease the customer for whatever reasons the customer sees fit, then that would mean the customer could do anything they wanted to the staff and store and the store would still have to honour the sale.

That's ludicrious.

The only obligation here is one to keep the customer returning, which is a business philosphy, not a law and one that most businesses practise.

Think about this for a minute........if the retailer is obligated to appease the customer for whatever reasons the customer sees fit, then that would mean the customer could do anything they wanted to the staff and store and the store would still have to honour the sale.

That's ludicrious.

The only obligation here is one to keep the customer returning, which is a business philosphy, not a law and one that most businesses practise.

any argument that is dependent on an extreme is a weak argument. nobody is talking about consumers having the freedom to abuse retailers. replacing defective products is the law, and is pretty much standard across all states. here is New Yorks if you want it.

http://www.consumer.state.ny.us/clahm/clah...l_practices.htm

TRU assumes responsibility for the quality of the products it carries and has a responsibility to deliver what the consumer paid for. in this case they sold him a defective product and are obligated to replace it. here's Maryland's law on replacing defective merchandise:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:fqgcjl2....md.us/consumer

But if the item is defective, the store must repair the item, replace it or give you a refund regardless of its regular refund policy.

Buyer beware...please.

any other evidence you need to get you to admit you are incorrect in this matter, and have been since the get go?

I agree with you gscbr, the retailer is selling a product that is assumed by the consumer to be complete and intact. I don't think that there's any question about it. ToysRUs HAS to exchange or refund it. ToysRUs is a large retailer vound by consumer protection laws, not a guy at a swap meet with a tub full of broken toys.

Back when Beast Wars Transformers were out, I picked up a Transmetal OpPrimal for custom fodder. I get home, open the box, and there is no gun. Ok, not a problem...

I call Hasbro CustServ and tell the person what happened, and I am told they will send me the missing part. 3 weeks later, the package arrives, but it's not the correct gun. They sent me an older character's gun. I call and tell them they sent me the wrong part, and I was informed that they would send me the correct one, and to just keep the incorrect part. I'm thinking that whoever got the note to pull the part read "Transforming Monkey" and just grabbed the gun from the first transforming monkey parts pile that he saw. A week later it shows up, and it is the same incorrect part! This cycle happened 4 times! The last time I called, after receiving the SAME WRONG GUN for the 4th time, I was informed that they did not have anything in stock to replace it with, and that they were sorry for the trouble. So I was left with 4 of the same gun that was meant for another character...even after giving the CustServ people very detailed information concerning the part needed, they still screwed the pooch and QC sent the wrong thing 4 times. It ended up as a blessing as the guns were used on the custom. About a year later, almost the same thing happened as I picked up a TRU reissue Warthog on clearance, and it did not have decals or the missiles. Hasbro CustServ lady told me that they did not provide parts any longer and to exchange the item where I purchased it. I explained that it was the last one and she said sorry...promptly hanging up on me. That was the last time I called them for any issue I had with missing anything. Use this as an excuse to buy another one and just use the f-ed up one for custom fodder or something else.