the most expensive figure you ever bought!

Toiletmonkey1

I was thinking about this the other day and i was wondering

what is the most money you have shelled out for a single figure? loose or MOC doesnt matter as long as it was a single figure!

mine would be $50.00 for zartan back in the mid 90's and i also shelled out 50 for baroness then too!

prices for those have dropped since then i know!!

how about you guys??

TM

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid $62 for my Error Logo (Mickey Mouse Ears) 1982 Mail in Cobra Commander, its worth $160 now.

So far Ive been totally lucky and have guys selling stuff who have no idea how much its really worth. But Im getting to the point where I need about 4 Night Force figures to complete that set. So when I get them Im sure Ill pay an arm and an leg!

its worth $160 now

Really?!? Most I see on Ebay sell for under $60 these days. The figure really crashed in popularity around 2000 and I was not aware it had yet recovered.

I've paid quite a bit for both my Battle Rangers Flint and my Battle Rangers Dr. Mindbender. Both were well worth it, though, in terms of rarity and just how much I enjoy them in my collection.

I paid $45 for a Snake Eyes v2 that was c9 with all his accessories. That was shortly after I got 7 or 8 1982 straight arm figures in c8 - c9 condition with all their accessories for like $30. I figured I could splurge a bit since I had got such a great deal.

I think the most I ever spent on a single figure Joe-wise was probably like $6 on a VvV Slipstream!

Pretty easy not to spend much when all you collect is new sculpt figs.

Otherwise I've spent $20 on a She Ra. Thats the most I believe

Guest McBragg

$6 for a 1983 Cobra soldier

I wouldn't even collect at all if I had to pay 50 bucks for figures. unless I was filthy rich, instead of just filthy.

$6 for a 1983 Cobra soldier

I wouldn't even collect at all if I had to pay 50 bucks for figures. unless I was filthy rich, instead of just filthy.

Seriously. The moment I bought a $50 GI Joe I couldn't buy anymore because my wife would divorce me and take 1/2 my $ so I couldn't afford any more.

Joewise, I believe I paid $39 for a MOC Japanese Destro a few years ago and the most I've spent on a loose figure (an early '82 or '83 figure) was probably between $20-25.

The most I've spent on a MOC figure (ESB Luke) was $95 back in 1998 or 1999.

I paid $100 for a Gold Steel Brigade (no accs, but I already had a rifle and knew where to get a backpack for $3) a few years back (don't regret it either) and $85 for a Euro TF Blizzard complete. I figure that I've gotten so many great deals (foreign adn domestic) over the years ($10 for a MISB Starduster [Recondo chest]), that paying high for a few choice pieces will be alright now.

Lessee---

-$200CDN for a Target Duke, in 1991 ( iirc), from a Vancouver-area scalper--didn't know that they could be had in droves at Target in Bellingham for $17.

-Paid almost $400 CDN to get a damn FAO Schwarz 12" GIJOE Green Beret Shadow Box set up from Seattle--most of that wasin the shipping and customs brokerage fees--bloody thing only cost $150 USD--what's up with that?

-Paid $200 for a Vintage 12" GIJOE Action Marine, in C-8 grade with C-7 grade box and all paperwork.

I think the most expensive figure I've spent money on was the $25 Sgt.Slaughter from the convention. Speaking of the convention I got my picture taken with the most expensive figure I've ever seen: v1 Snake Eyes = $3500! :wacko:

Hmmm...I spent $200 on a mint-in-mailer box 'Mickey Mouse' logo mail-away Cobra Commander (complete with all paperwork, etc.) around 6-7 years ago. I think that's the most I've spent on one figure. I bought a lot of MIB/MOC sealed Joe stuff back in 1997-2000.

its worth $160 now

Really?!? Most I see on Ebay sell for under $60 these days. The figure really crashed in popularity around 2000 and I was not aware it had yet recovered.

I've paid quite a bit for both my Battle Rangers Flint and my Battle Rangers Dr. Mindbender. Both were well worth it, though, in terms of rarity and just how much I enjoy them in my collection.

yes....really, I had it graded and appraised. but thanks for the info, looks like I would avoid Ebay if I sell it.

its worth $160 now

yes....really, I had it graded and appraised. but thanks for the info, looks like I would avoid Ebay if I sell it.

also, I forgot that I just bought the Signed Sgt. Slaughter and Renegades from the Convention, $100

i dropped $60 on my v1 storm shadow who is very white and had the full cardback. i think i spent about that on v1 firefly also, and about $50 for v2 snake eyes but otherwise i havent spent more than about $15 for any other figure.

I've only started to collect heavily since 2002 with the relaunch

some figs are worth 20-30 to me but the most I've ever paid yet was

$25.99 for a c9 Sky Patrol Airwave and Airborne with all accessories

and 100% perfect parachutes

I don't know if this counts but the most I ever paid was 300 dollars for a starsaber/Victory Leo giftset,fortunatly I sold it for much more a few years later.The second highest was 180 for a Black Zarak(note both these were purchased at Botcon 95 and 96).