NEW HASBRO ML REVEALED!!!!!

nagauthier

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from my local cbs & read nearly the entire issue of ToyFare 109.

Spiderman origins is discussed on the page after ML & the GR movie figs, and it says there will be two lines released in January & February 07 with different versions of SM with various costumes he has worn. Iron Spidey & SM 2099 will be included in that, and both are new sculpts. (some re-releases also, not mentioned in the mag though)

There will also be a villains series, including a repaint of the old Hobgoblin into Demogoblin (someone already did that a good custom, but hey, this makes it easier to obtain). Some re-releases will happen here too. I don't recall when this will be released in 2007 though. It didn't mention any villains either icon_cry.gif

For all movie Spidey figure fans, 2 packs will be released in fall of 07 with SM vs. GG & SM vs. Doc Ock.

Oh, one last thing. You remember the thing on the Marvel site where the best cover was SM vs. Venom in Amazing SM #375? Well, there will be a 2 pack of a comic SM vs. a comic Venom available with the movie packs too!!!

Sorry no pics; I was too cheap to buy the mag icon_idea.gif

Are there any pics in the magazine, sides ML and GR??

Guys, don´t get frightened, this are PROTOS!!!!! Don´t say anything at all, till u see the finished product!!

Sure, some of the figs look terrible, but there´s still time to make modifications. remember how TB changed the bald torch to the "fire hair" one, Mr Fantastic´s head was changed too, Iceman´s, so just hold on.

I hope they hurry up to fix everything, cause production should start in a few weeks, and I wouldn´t like to have those protos as actual figs.

Ugly pictures, but I'll buy into the whole proto-type theory right now. If they end up looking like that, I'll pass, but it is very early, so there's plenty of time to clean them up. I like the idea of adding in Hercules, Emma & Banshee, but you have to figure Hasbro will want to release a number of the already released "big guns" as well, hence Hulk & Iron Man. Still, I'll take a 52nd version of Wolverine if it means getting a Nova and Jack-of-Hearts.

I just picked up ToyFare and all I can say is AAAGGGHHH!!

The only figures that look remotely decent there are War Hulk and Annihilus. Even Annihilus looks pretty funky. Emma Frost and Hercules look way too cartoony, Banshee looks completely stupid and I can't say I like the Beast. The Iron Man looks alright until you take his helmut off. Groan....

Still, they did state that these are prototypes, so there is still some hope for improvement. Prehaps they shouldn't have rushed to show what they are putting out. I think these are just giving more fuel to the nay-sayers who are just waiting for Hasbro to fail.

Well, Annihilus looks awesome but I can't bring myself to care about the other figures. At all. Usually, it's one or two figures I really want, 1 or 2 I'm sorta happy I was coerced in buying, 1 meh and 1 crap figure. These are all mehs to me. I

The ghost rider movie figure looks cool. Juggernaut and Gray Beast ML Showdown variants look great. I forgot about the gray incarnation of beast, and have wanted a silver juggs for forever. Really makes me wish they had released these variants as part of the 6"ML Line. I guess hasbro always might.

Thanks for tha pics. :D

I have to say that Ghostrider really looks great.....I love how the flames are coming out of his jacket and over his head and neck.....really gives me hope for Chamber if they ever do a figure of him.

Maybe hasbro has a different way of thinking...

Maybe they don't believe in making different kinds of figures like:

Wolverine

Iron Man

Hulk

Cause that's the only thang that I didn't like from Toybiz...

How many times does it take to make the same figure sooo many times?

Well, maybe Hasbro will only make it once & give other figures a chance....the question for me is...

Will the packaging change dramatically? Or will they just change their logo from "Toybiz" to "Hasbro"?

&

Will they have the same articulation?

Hercule’s head is a total Thing retool. Here’s a comparison shot I made:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/ROB...-comparison.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/ROB.../Thing-glue.jpg

All they did was remove the brow and fill in the rocks on Thing and put new hair on Hercules, which is very the definition of a retool.

As for when Toy Biz last used the same head sculpt on two figures, how about X-23 and Warbird? All they did was paint a mask on her face.

I think the hercules face is just sculpted by the same guy who did Thing. Why go through the time consuming task of Resculpting the forehead, a new nose, filling in the rocks, making a beard, and making hair when you can sculpt an entire head almost as fast. Also Jesse Falcon said theres no such thing as a retool. Every figure has a unique tool made for it. It may reuse parts and sculpts to make a new tool but theres no way to retool a tool. LOL.

As for Warbird and X-23 having the same face I don't see it at all. The black X-23 and Warbird have totally different chins, noses, eyesize and Warbirds forhead seems about a millimeter taller than X-23s. If you meant the purple face post a comparison pic I don't have a purple X-23 to compare Warbird to.

Anyway So far Hercules looks the best of the bunch, can't wait to see these figs at SDCC.

It doesn’t matter what it’s called, in the end it’s still taking one figure’s already released head, modifying it a little bit, then releasing it on a different figure and hope that no one notices. It’s a cheep tactic, used to save money, which leads to figures with poor likenesses, and should not be encouraged in any way.

Why would a sculptor make every figure he does have the same head sculpt? Wouldn’t that get him fired? Why does Thing and Hercules have the same square head shape? How come Thing and Hercules’s mouth, lower lip, and sides of mouth are exactly the same length, shape, and spot on both their faces? Why is it that Thing and Hercules’s eyes are in the same spot, and are the same distance apart from the nose? I’ll tell you why, because Hercules is sporting a modified Thing head sculpt, that’s why. This is the last post I’ll do on the subject until more pictures of Hercules come out.

The X-23 and Warbird comparison was harder then it had to be, since I don’t have a Warbird figure yet. So for the comparison I mainly used images from this website: http://www.mwctoys.com/ and a ToyFare cover with X-23 on it.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/ROB...-color-swap.jpg

Anyway the first picture shows a line up of three X-23 figures and one Warbird figure, to show how similar the faces look. In the second picture, using Photoshop I repainted each figures face to make them resemble the other figure more. Now I didn’t do a very good job on Warbird as it was hard getting the skin tone to match, but I think that considering how much X-23 looks like a dead ringer for Warbird while wearing her mask, I think it still proves my point. The only thing the least bit different about the figures is that X-23’s eyebrows seem to stick out a little bit more.

Hercule’s head is a total Thing retool. Here’s a comparison shot I made:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/ROB.../Thing-glue.jpg

All they did was remove the brow and fill in the rocks on Thing and put new hair on Hercules, which is very the definition of a retool.

As for when Toy Biz last used the same head sculpt on two figures, how about X-23 and Warbird? All they did was paint a mask on her face.

I think the hercules face is just sculpted by the same guy who did Thing. Why go through the time consuming task of Resculpting the forehead, a new nose, filling in the rocks, making a beard, and making hair when you can sculpt an entire head almost as fast. Also Jesse Falcon said theres no such thing as a retool. Every figure has a unique tool made for it. It may reuse parts and sculpts to make a new tool but theres no way to retool a tool. LOL.

As for Warbird and X-23 having the same face I don't see it at all. The black X-23 and Warbird have totally different chins, noses, eyesize and Warbirds forhead seems about a millimeter taller than X-23s. If you meant the purple face post a comparison pic I don't have a purple X-23 to compare Warbird to.

Anyway So far Hercules looks the best of the bunch, can't wait to see these figs at SDCC.

It doesn’t matter what it’s called, in the end it’s still taking one figure’s already released head, modifying it a little bit, then releasing it on a different figure and hope that no one notices. It’s a cheep tactic, used to save money, which leads to figures with poor likenesses, and should not be encouraged in any way.

Why would a sculptor make every figure he does have the same head sculpt? Wouldn’t that get him fired? Why does Thing and Hercules have the same square head shape? How come Thing and Hercules’s mouth, lower lip, and sides of mouth are exactly the same length, shape, and spot on both their faces? Why is it that Thing and Hercules’s eyes are in the same spot, and are the same distance apart from the nose? I’ll tell you why, because Hercules is sporting a modified Thing head sculpt, that’s why. This is the last post I’ll do on the subject until more pictures of Hercules come out.

The X-23 and Warbird comparison was harder then it had to be, since I don’t have a Warbird figure yet. So for the comparison I mainly used images from this website: http://www.mwctoys.com/ and a ToyFare cover with X-23 on it.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/ROB...-color-swap.jpg

Anyway the first picture shows a line up of three X-23 figures and one Warbird figure, to show how similar the faces look. In the second picture, using Photoshop I repainted each figures face to make them resemble the other figure more. Now I didn’t do a very good job on Warbird as it was hard getting the skin tone to match, but I think that considering how much X-23 looks like a dead ringer for Warbird while wearing her mask, I think it still proves my point. The only thing the least bit different about the figures is that X-23’s eyebrows seem to stick out a little bit more.

I'm amazed that people can see similarities between what is, to a degree, a small picture of Hercules (prototype, too) and Thing and make the judgement that they're the same head sculpt. The smile looks crazy, but it doesn't look like thing. And even MORE far out in left field is this comparison of X-23 and Warbird. The 2 look nothing a like and the only similarity is that they both have long heads...I guess everyone in the world that has the same shaped head are twins? And I know you said the photoshopped pic didn't look that good but forgetting that, it still shows little to no resemblance between the 2. Warbirds forehead is larger; X-23's nose more upturned. I'll admit the similarity between Scorpion and Havok is there but lets not forget that they're both guys that wear masks covering 3/4 of the distinguishing features on their face. Of course theres going to be similarities. And no Robocop I'm not attacking you directly but this retooling stuff is getting annoying.

On topic, most of these look pretty bad right now but they're prototypes so I don't care. Atleast they chose the best costumes (except Emma @smilepunch@ ) for each of the characters, and the selection is good IMO as well. Plus the BAF is awesome. Heres to hoping Emma's legs are attached to her body, her eyebrows are fixed, Banshee closes his mouth and the fabric doesn't look like an old blanket when they're all released.

Wolverine

Iron Man

Hulk

Well, maybe Hasbro will only make it once & give other figures a chance....the question for me is...

Will the packaging change dramatically? Or will they just change their logo from "Toybiz" to "Hasbro"?

&

Ah you're joking, right? I mean have you seen the GI.Joe lines or the Transformers lines....or the Star Wars lines? :P You really can't knock toy companies for making multiples of their top characters, I mean they are in it to make money and their top characters are the ones that people are most likely going to buy.....just how it is.

Wolverine

Iron Man

Hulk

&

Ah you're joking, right? I mean have you seen the GI.Joe lines or the Transformers lines....or the Star Wars lines? :P You really can't knock toy companies for making multiples of their top characters, I mean they are in it to make money and their top characters are the ones that people are most likely going to buy.....just how it is.

That's my point.... Hasbro is known to only sell or remake the ones that made the most money...

Oh ok. :P

Truth be told, I have never understood why people feel the need to complain about all the Ironmen, Hulks, Wolverines that Toybiz has made in the Marvel Legends line over the years. I mean if you don’t like the figure or don’t see the point in it, just pass on it….simple as that.

I know some people have a need to collect every figure in a line, but really that’s not Toybiz’s fault. Personally I’d love to have collected every Marvel Legends figure, but I started really late (about wave 6) and now it’s too hard to get the older figures (at a decent price). That and the fact that I like too many other lines to really focus on just this one, so I just buy the ones that I like or need as is the case with the X-men characters.

Warbird and Black x-23 are completely different:

X-23 has ears, Warbird does not. Warbird's head is 7/8ths of an inch tall without hair X-23's is 6/8ths of an inch tall without hair. Their hair doesn't look to be interchangeble at all because their hair placement areas are different sizes and shapes. X-23 has a valley in her head that the hair attaches into, Warbird has a mountain the hair attaches to. X-23's eyes are 1/8th of an inch wide. Wardids eyes are half that distance wide. From eye to eye on Warbird is 3/8ths of an inch on X-23 that distance is 7/16ths of an inch wide. Warbirds head is 9/16ths of an inch wide X-23s is 7/16s of an inch wide. X-23's nose is rounded and upturned 1/8th of an inch wide at the base and 1/4th of an inch tall. Warbirds nose is 3/16s of an inch tall 1/8th of an inch wide and is straight and angular with no upturn to it. Warbirds lips are about 2 hairs wider than X-23's mold wise, paint can make them appear smaller or larger. Warbirds are larger do to dimples which X-23 lacks. X-23's chin is 3/16's wide and rounded-square (rounded at the edges of the chin but almost flat at the bottom) Warbirds chin is 1/16th of an inch wide and comes almost to a point almost like an anime girl.

I wish you luck and good hunting that you'll be able to find and buy a warbird. Its an awesome fig with an amazing face sculpt, once you hold it in person next to an X-23 you'll quickly be able to see how different they are. :D

Warbird and Black x-23 are completely different:

X-23 has ears, Warbird does not. Warbird's head is 7/8ths of an inch tall without hair X-23's is 6/8ths of an inch tall without hair. Their hair doesn't look to be interchangeble at all because their hair placement areas are different sizes and shapes. X-23 has a valley in her head that the hair attaches into, Warbird has a mountain the hair attaches to. X-23's eyes are 1/8th of an inch wide. Wardids eyes are half that distance wide. From eye to eye on Warbird is 3/8ths of an inch on X-23 that distance is 7/16ths of an inch wide. Warbirds head is 9/16ths of an inch wide X-23s is 7/16s of an inch wide. X-23's nose is rounded and upturned 1/8th of an inch wide at the base and 1/4th of an inch tall. Warbirds nose is 3/16s of an inch tall 1/8th of an inch wide and is straight and angular with no upturn to it. Warbirds lips are about 2 hairs wider than X-23's mold wise, paint can make them appear smaller or larger. Warbirds are larger do to dimples which X-23 lacks. X-23's chin is 3/16's wide and rounded-square (rounded at the edges of the chin but almost flat at the bottom) Warbirds chin is 1/16th of an inch wide and comes almost to a point almost like an anime girl.

I wish you luck and good hunting that you'll be able to find and buy a warbird. Its an awesome fig with an amazing face sculpt, once you hold it in person next to an X-23 you'll quickly be able to see how different they are. :D

Thank you for elaborating on what I said and going into much more detail since all I mentioned was the nose (too lazy to go get both of them) :) :).

I yanked the hair off warbird and tried to on X-23 but failed. X-23's glued into a valley so its not coming off without destroying the hair.

Heres comparison pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/sis.../x23warbird.jpg

In retrospect I'm betting Herc and THing look similiar because of Jack Kirby's artwork and are not necessarily made by the same sculpter.

I yanked the hair off warbird and tried to on X-23 but failed. X-23's glued into a valley so its not coming off without destroying the hair.

Heres comparison pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/sis.../x23warbird.jpg

In retrospect I'm betting Herc and THing look similiar because of Jack Kirby's artwork and are not necessarily made by the same sculpter.

holy crap! you did all that just to prove to somebody that they are different heads?? @lol@

its obvious.. I don't even know where the hell he is coming from saying that they are the same.

Thing and Herc are completely different too