NEW HASBRO ML REVEALED!!!!!

nagauthier

Seriously, people getting pissed about how these look may as well start complaining about the samples shown on Spider Woman and Wasp at Toyfare. "OMG! I can't believe they're releasing the girl figures in that wave w/out any articulation!! I hate Toybiz and I'm never buying another figure again!!" :rolleyes:

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure Jesse and Marvel have input and even with these inital waves worked on them, but the head toy designer of GIJoe was moved over to Marvel Legends this year, which I doubt would be the case if all Hasbro was doing was distributing these.

they didn't say he moved to Marvel LEGENDS did they? remember, Hasbor will be producing LOTS of Marvel toys, not just Legends.

He could be doing some other Marvel project

I cant wait for Movie Beast. I'm sure he will look better when released. I hope this paves the way for Angel, Juggernaut, Colossus, Pheonix and Rogue (with chase Kitty variant). I'll buy any X-men movie figures they make.

I'll also be getting Emma and probably Banshee.

so.. now that I have seen the pics...

I am first, relieved. Hasbro looks to be continuing with basically the same scale, construction, and articulation. That is good news for certain. From what Glaken said a LONG time ago, I thought this would be the case, but it still makes you feel better to see so with your own eyes.

Second, sure, these are early protos or concepts.. so we can't be sure.. but, I can tell that the old Toybiz sculptors are not the only ones working on this.. at least not all of the old Toybiz sculptors.. I can't complain about the bodies on most of the new figures, but the heads are all pretty crappy. They are cheesy and cartoonish, the kind of stuff Hasbro likes to do in order to make their toys cater to what they think little kids like.

Hulk - nice start for sure.. War Hulk body is okay.. armor is okay, although I hope they change the metal arm.... face is even okay, if you go by that one cover where he looks like that... but they need to fix those pants.

Hercules - looks to have a very nice start... although his face looks like a cartoon, they need to fix that.

Banshee - needs to be totally scrapped.. the head is very bad, and the wings suck.

Emma - looks pretty decent as is

Ultimate Ironman.. I can't tell because his armor is so bulky... but the Tony Stark head looks like crap. Obviously, it was not done by an old Toybiz sculptor.

Beast - why? why? this character looks like Sh*T before they can even make a figure of him. I abhor the appearance of Movie Beast.. and the figure looks worse. cancel this figure.

Anhilius - pretty good start.. he has potential.

PM sent to those who wanted them.

Man, I need a break. @poke2@

I think I've gotten around 100 or more, than maybe 20-30 ones I pm'ed to members here and elsewhere.

It's probably almost 12 somewhere, so here:

pic 1

pic 2

Wow these really suck; they are all really bad retools. All the head sculpts are awful.

Which ones are retools? For the most part they didn't come off that way to me.....apart from Banshee, but he has a really basic suit so there really wasn't any need for a new mold for him.

Planet Hulk is a retool of War Hulk from Hulk Classics 2.

Emma Frost is a retool of Invisible Woman from Fantastic Four Classics 2

Hercules’s head is a retool of Thing from Fantastic Four Classics 1, his body is probably new, but the arms look familiar.

Banshee’s body has been used before on a lot of figures, and I can’t remember exactly where it was first used, but it’s a retool.

Movie Beast’s head looks familiar, and so does his pants, I still can’t place it though.

I guess I exaggerated when I said they were all retools, as Ultimate Iron Man and Annihilus are new sculpts, although the Tony Stark head on Iron Man looks like a retool of the Tony head on Hulkbuster Iron Man.

I'm sorry, but no way is the Hercules head a retool of Thing. For whatever other reused parts, the headsculpts in this wave are going to be new. Can anyone give me an example of a reused head in ML? And don't try to use Scorpion and Havok because Jesse Falcon already said they were different sculpts, just a really similar facial expression.

And I think the Emma body looks more like Scarlet Witch than FFC Sue. Look at the legs, I'm pretty sure Sue has different hip joints.

Hercule’s head is a total Thing retool. Here’s a comparison shot I made:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/ROB...-comparison.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/ROB.../Thing-glue.jpg

All they did was remove the brow and fill in the rocks on Thing and put new hair on Hercules, which is very the definition of a retool.

As for when Toy Biz last used the same head sculpt on two figures, how about X-23 and Warbird? All they did was paint a mask on her face.

What I meant about the Emma Frost figure is that it has the same head and hair as the Invisible Woman , however you are right and it is the same body as Scarlet Witch.

However early these images are, I've seen customs better than these. That's great if these are early versions, but honestly, the paint jobs on these are pretty plain and the proportions seem somehow off. Based on what ToyFare has decided to show us, these Marvel Legends are going to be pretty cheap and pathetic in comparison to their Toy Biz predecessors. Talk about turning back the clocks on the quality of this line! Jeez...

Brandon Brigance, see my post above.

I knew there was no chance of seeing Emma in her New X Men outfit. This stuff is sold at retail after all. Man, that IS a big 'ol mouth on Hercules isn't it!

Emma and Beast for me for sure. And since Banshee is X Men I'll probably end up with him too.

Hercule’s head is a total Thing retool. Here’s a comparison shot I made:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/ROB...-comparison.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/ROB.../Thing-glue.jpg

All they did was remove the brow and fill in the rocks on Thing and put new hair on Hercules, which is very the definition of a retool.

As for when Toy Biz last used the same head sculpt on two figures, how about X-23 and Warbird? All they did was paint a mask on her face.

I think the hercules face is just sculpted by the same guy who did Thing. Why go through the time consuming task of Resculpting the forehead, a new nose, filling in the rocks, making a beard, and making hair when you can sculpt an entire head almost as fast. Also Jesse Falcon said theres no such thing as a retool. Every figure has a unique tool made for it. It may reuse parts and sculpts to make a new tool but theres no way to retool a tool. LOL.

As for Warbird and X-23 having the same face I don't see it at all. The black X-23 and Warbird have totally different chins, noses, eyesize and Warbirds forhead seems about a millimeter taller than X-23s. If you meant the purple face post a comparison pic I don't have a purple X-23 to compare Warbird to.

Anyway So far Hercules looks the best of the bunch, can't wait to see these figs at SDCC.

Even for very early prototypes, I think these all look very promising. I really don't understand all of the negativity(and this from a man who really doesn't care for Hasbro). From all of the comments, I really expected these to be garbage, but they look great to me (with the exception of Alfred E. Neuman Banshee)...Hell, change the Kirby-esqe head of Hercules and I'd take him this instant! My only real complaint is that I personally don't care for the line-up; especially one that completes the very neccessary BAF Annihilus. They are, however, demonstrating that they have listened to the majority of requests and have equally tried to appease all camps (old school,ultimates,x-men,avengers,etc.). Honestly, I don't believe that there isn't at least one figure that everyone in this forum could be excited about; it just sucks that many of us will be purchasing unwanted figures to get an Annihilus. Despite my personal feelings for the company as a whole, I must give Hasbro credit (and maaaybe just a little faith). I kind of like the equal-representation approach, I just wish that they'd drop the BAF concept all-together if they are going to continue this route(although I sincerely doubt that they would when they could guarantee sales to complete a desirable figure=shady, but effective $ales-tactic).

I will just wait and hope to see what they show in SDCC!

These look promising and full of potential!

By the way Rick Coronel Thanks!... For posting these up!

The character choice is about 50-50. Emma, Banshee, Annihilus; good choices. Ultimate Iron man is an odd one seeing as there are so many armours that could be done from the 616 universe. Movie Beast??? Looks good but another odd choice. Hulk makes sence as that is how he is seen now, but unless :Planet Hulk" continues till the new year, this choice doesnt make much sense. Banshee should be bigger. He was always a big guy in the comics and that scultp makes him look tiny.

I have not seen the pictures, but am happy to se that Hasbro will continue the line and apparently not start all over with the same old characters. Very good news in my opinion

They could still throw them in along the way which would be fine by me :P

I knew there was no chance of seeing Emma in her New X Men outfit. This stuff is sold at retail after all. Man, that IS a big 'ol mouth on Hercules isn't it!

Emma and Beast for me for sure. And since Banshee is X Men I'll probably end up with him too.

Sorry but what is the difference? its the same between astonishing and new xmen isn't it?.. I really can't tell as her outfits are allways rather stupid... its either less skin or more skin :P this one is fine by me I'm amazed we got her at all with the amount of cleavage shown that she has :P

You can bet after she hits we won't see one like this again EVER! all the lil whiney ass parents shall complain to hasbro about it for sure :(

The character choice is about 50-50. Emma, Banshee, Annihilus; good choices. Ultimate Iron man is an odd one seeing as there are so many armours that could be done from the 616 universe. Movie Beast??? Looks good but another odd choice. Hulk makes sence as that is how he is seen now, but unless :Planet Hulk" continues till the new year, this choice doesnt make much sense. Banshee should be bigger. He was always a big guy in the comics and that scultp makes him look tiny.

Planet hulk is suppose to last a long time ... right now its just past its first arc, someone said it was going to last for x amount of arc but I forget what... and then it would get a giant over sized hardcover, to give you an idea :P He "should" be on that planet for at least a YEAR or two since that is how long the civil war is going to last & they are not going to bring him back before it ends I don't think...

The current mess the MU is all in I think the hulk could safely wipe out all the heros in no time flat :P