NEW HASBRO ML REVEALED!!!!!

nagauthier

if they gave these to ToyFare for now, they must have other versions. I'm not sure if we'll see the prototypes at SDCC, but I am sure they will be improved by the time we see them in stores.

also, these must not be the final sculpts. remember at Toy Fair where they had solid sculpts of ML Wave 15 with no articulation? there are still more steps in the production.

we will definitely see better prototypes in the future. even if they never make figures that are exactly like the prototypes we see in those pictures with blue backgrounds, the final products still have been pretty darn close. Hasbro is supposed to better control the differences in the figures, but keep in mind that these figures are massed produced. Not every one of them is going to look the same.

none of the ML's produced have been perfect, but they are really the best Marvel product you can find on the market, and from comic to figure is a difficult transition. if you liked what Toy Biz did, then you should be okay with these since it's the same as what they have been delivering to us from day one (and I didn't even start from the beginning).

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´ve been deceived!!!! I thought Rick´s avatar was the proto!!

I thought "Wow, if that´s a proto, I want to see the real deal"

but no, it´s a custom, a really good one btw.

All i can say now is "Wait for SDCC". Ult. Iron Man looks cool.

good start we'll see what they look like a few months from now....some people are just never pleased....

What is there to be pleased about???? These suck, Hulk looks like his face was melted off, Banshee looks like he's about to eat someone, Hercules looks like he just passed gas and is tring not to laugh and the head on that Annihilus sucks.

Your ASSuming these are gonna change but no where do I see on those images anything to the effect these images are of early prototypes and subject to change. In fact history has shown us with both Hasbro and Toy Biz stuff, the pr pics usually look better then the final product.

I do hope these improve but some of you sitting there acting like you sit in on the Hasbro/Toy Biz meetings and know exactly whats going or not going to change from these images need to either tell us your sources or chill out and let us think what we want about the images presented to us.

Thanks, she my precious. My version is her axm costume.

Well, I'm not too keen on these figures in general, both in sculpt and selection. I doubt I'll care enough to finish Annihilius. Besides, I've found jack, and despite the fact I have cash, every growing day that I don't find Walmart wave, wave 13, or the two-packs gives me more and more paranoia.

Second double post.

Yes yes, THEY ARE ALL PROTOTYPES!

Our biggest fears have been put to rest, that the articulation, overall design, and scale remains the same. Even if they just repaint a Silver Surfer figure in nail polish and call it the Spot, we'll know when it comes out it'll look good next to our current ML collection.

a good point to it self, though this was pretty much confirmed by glekn for those of us who trust him :)

ok, I take it back seeing the rest of them changes my opinion they look second rate, a far cry from the marvel legends

P-R-O-T-O-T-Y-P-E-S

They needed some 3D object to take a pic of in the magazine. They're basically customs.

uhm... Did you make them for toyfare? @loll@ really though!?! :D & who would they get to make custsoms for them ? @loll@ How do they know what they even look like I wonder.. hmm... ( I'm not being sarcastic fyi real questions @loll@ )

All I could see was banshee and planet hulk, and I personally think they ROCK! I'm feeling much better about this line, more like it's a continuation than a start over.

VIVA LA MARVEL LEGENDS!

Well saw the rest, I agree wtih the avenger completely. Hercules looks like crap with that head sculpt, and his chest looks like the DCSH Bizarro.

I think Planet Hulk is the best, and he's just another hulk variant.

thats funny cause most love herc and hate hulk :P I'm quite happy my self!

Wow these really suck; they are all really bad retools. All the head sculpts are awful. Marvel Select Ultimate Iron Man owns this one. Hercules has a retooled Thing head! Banshee looks like he is 8 years old. I know these are prototypes and that they don’t come out until early next year, but the fact remains that right now they look awful and Hasbro should not have shown them because it will give people a negative first impression of the line. By the way, even though I subscribe to Toy Fare I never seem to get the magazine until three weeks after it’s out on news stands, so I appreciate the pictures being posted.

ultimate ironman MS was allso a $20 + figure where as this is a $10-ish or less something figure WITH articulation :P I kinda know what you mean though UIM MS does look a lot nicer... but then they are suppose to be better looking than ml from the get go really...

I want the links to WHY DOESN"T SOMEONE JUST POST THE LINKS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

as pointed out to do so would be ilegal or some such :P just flip through the mag though when you hit up you're LCS next time round thats what I do @loll@

They'll all kinda 'meh', not for quality but just for characters. AS for figures themselves, Planet Hulk looks pretty cool, and I'll get Emma cause I buy pretty much all x-men. Not really interested in Movie Beast unless they do the rest of the team, Banshee I'm not sure on, havta see final product to decide. Not interested in any more iron men, and Herc looks constipated or something (and his torso does look too long as previously mentioned) and the character does nothing for me. The baf Annihilus looks to be one of the best of the bunch, sucks that hes the baf though cause that means I wont be getting him.

I like emma as well though she looks a lil odd from that pic I can't wait for sdcc though even more so now! What bugs me is movie beast... Are they gona throw us a few bones every now and then and just slip in a movie figure?.. I have movie nightcrawler cause he was the best of the bunch... & I'll buy beast too cause he looks decent enough... how ever I want at least a few more :S :(

Your ASSuming these are gonna change but no where do I see on those images anything to the effect these images are of early prototypes and subject to change.

Actually, read the intro in the little blue box in the left hand corner on the page with Hulk, Banshee and Herc...it's says:

"Note: All of these figures are early prototypes, so they're a little rough. Check back soon for new pics."

I want them all NOW. January is so far away but my birthday is in January so I know what I want for my Birthday. I don't like how Herc looks but I have to remember they are prototypes. I can't wait for Emma Frost and Banshee and Hercules and Beast and Iron Man and and Planet Hulk and Annihilus.

OMG another Hulk figure what a surprise.........

so far i am not digging this at all, look at his shorts, the have no texture to them, and that what the marvel legends figures are all about, i mean Hulk looks rugged and dirty but his pants are squeeky clean

and the ab movement better only be for this figure, i will never buy another ML figure if they have them like that from now on.

This is unbelieveable. Marvel Legends will continue...it's confirmed!!! And some people are actually complaining!?!?!?!?

I guess that'll make 'em easier for me to find.

HALLELUJAH!!!!!

#US1#

Your ASSuming these are gonna change but no where do I see on those images anything to the effect these images are of early prototypes and subject to change. In fact history has shown us with both Hasbro and Toy Biz stuff, the pr pics usually look better then the final product.

These aren't those press release pictures with blue backgrounds. I don't know if you ever saw the prototypes of Iceman or Storm: anorexic iceman and capeless storm. When they released the press release pictures, they looked so much better. Iceman and Storm as final products turned out almost exactly the same as the press release pictures (although Iceman may not be perfect).

The fact is that most of them turned out fine.

uhm... Did you make them for toyfare? @loll@ really though!?! :D & who would they get to make custsoms for them ? @loll@ How do they know what they even look like I wonder.. hmm... ( I'm not being sarcastic fyi real questions @loll@ )

heh, that's a possibility, but the scanned pages don't mention his name anywhere. unless he didn't have enough time to make these, i'm sure what he made would look better than these. plus that would mean Hasbro has hired him as a sculptor.

Whom ever chose this line up literally must have said "Let's pick characters MysterioMenace couldn't care less about but make the BAF something he must own".

Planet Hulk - I am not much of a hulk fan plus I have no idea what this is even from.

Emma Frost - Never liked Emma, never will like Emma.

Ultimate Iron Man - YAH, Let's put more crappy Ultimates in a Marvel LEGENDS line.

Movie Beast - ....kind of cool, but a waste of space IMO when this slot could have been filled by Quicksilver or someone else in dire need AND EXTREMELY WANTED.

Banshee - Down and outright one of the lamest X men ever, with that said though, he's one of the ones I actually want. Really nothing to write home about though.

Hercules - Boring character, but I did want him for my avengers. Once again, nothing to write home about though.

BAF Annihilus - The BEST character in the entire series....and it's a freaking BAF and in order to get him, you have to buy all those crappy character choices. What the heck's next Hasbro, Quicksilver is the BAF but to get him you have to buy Speedball, The Spot, Ultimate poop, Movie trash and ROM. On second thought I think I'd take a ROM over every single character choice in Hasbros entire first wave.

Wow these really suck; they are all really bad retools. All the head sculpts are awful.

Which ones are retools? For the most part they didn't come off that way to me.....apart from Banshee, but he has a really basic suit so there really wasn't any need for a new mold for him.

Planet Hulk is a retool of War Hulk from Hulk Classics 2.

Emma Frost is a retool of Invisible Woman from Fantastic Four Classics 2

Hercules’s head is a retool of Thing from Fantastic Four Classics 1, his body is probably new, but the arms look familiar.

Banshee’s body has been used before on a lot of figures, and I can’t remember exactly where it was first used, but it’s a retool.

Movie Beast’s head looks familiar, and so does his pants, I still can’t place it though.

I guess I exaggerated when I said they were all retools, as Ultimate Iron Man and Annihilus are new sculpts, although the Tony Stark head on Iron Man looks like a retool of the Tony head on Hulkbuster Iron Man.

where is everyone finding other pictures of the new wave?

i'm really hoping that they improve on the whole wave before 07' get here. if not, wave 15 will be my last ml to my collection.

Wow these really suck; they are all really bad retools. All the head sculpts are awful.

Which ones are retools? For the most part they didn't come off that way to me.....apart from Banshee, but he has a really basic suit so there really wasn't any need for a new mold for him.

Planet Hulk is a retool of War Hulk from Hulk Classics 2.

Emma Frost is a retool of Invisible Woman from Fantastic Four Classics 2

Hercules’s head is a retool of Thing from Fantastic Four Classics 1, his body is probably new, but the arms look familiar.

Banshee’s body has been used before on a lot of figures, and I can’t remember exactly where it was first used, but it’s a retool.

Movie Beast’s head looks familiar, and so does his pants, I still can’t place it though.

I guess I exaggerated when I said they were all retools, as Ultimate Iron Man and Annihilus are new sculpts, although the Tony Stark head on Iron Man looks like a retool of the Tony head on Hulkbuster Iron Man.

I'm sorry, but no way is the Hercules head a retool of Thing. For whatever other reused parts, the headsculpts in this wave are going to be new. Can anyone give me an example of a reused head in ML? And don't try to use Scorpion and Havok because Jesse Falcon already said they were different sculpts, just a really similar facial expression.

And I think the Emma body looks more like Scarlet Witch than FFC Sue. Look at the legs, I'm pretty sure Sue has different hip joints.

good start we'll see what they look like a few months from now....some people are just never pleased....

What is there to be pleased about???? These suck, Hulk looks like his face was melted off, Banshee looks like he's about to eat someone, Hercules looks like he just passed gas and is tring not to laugh and the head on that Annihilus sucks.

I do hope these improve but some of you sitting there acting like you sit in on the Hasbro/Toy Biz meetings and know exactly whats going or not going to change from these images need to either tell us your sources or chill out and let us think what we want about the images presented to us.

well if you read in the description box, its says they are rough protos and they'll have new pics later on, and either bad or good the protos have never been final say on what shows up in stores. Im sure that they rushed out these protos just in time for sdcc (if they have them there) as well as to get buyers some clue of what is coming up.