NEW HASBRO ML REVEALED!!!!!

nagauthier

I know this has been talked about in the Toyfare thread, but I thought the official confirmation really deserved a thread with a higher profile title to make sure everyone can get right to it without sifting through a few pages of speculation. Thanks to darthsith for posting the link first, didn't want to steal his credit.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/000816768.cfm

Click on the image for a better view. Closer inspection reveals that the new Hulk figure shares a body with War Hulk from HC series 2. Looks like Hasbro won't be making many changes at all, if any. The toy gods love us today.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always someone will complain, can't make all the fanboys happy. I think it looks fine, and it's not like Toybiz didn't put out a few subpar face sculpts. Whether or not you think this one looks good at least isn't a reflection on Hasbro. I'm sure that's exactly what it would've looked like if Toybiz did the figure. They probably will be using the same sculpters.

I think it looks fine too. If you look at the Hulk hardcover he has the frowny face too, i guess that's the look they were going for. The body looks good though. It looks like they are going for new stuff this wave. Maybe expect Iron Spider-Man, Astonshing X-Men Cyclops etc.

OMG another Hulk figure what a surprise.........

so far i am not digging this at all, look at his shorts, the have no texture to them, and that what the marvel legends figures are all about, i mean Hulk looks rugged and dirty but his pants are squeeky clean

and the ab movement better only be for this figure, i will never buy another ML figure if they have them like that from now on.

And we probably don't have to worry about not getting Quicksilver in ML scale anymore. I bet he's in the next wave.

OMG another Hulk figure what a surprise.........

so far i am not digging this at all, look at his shorts, the have no texture to them, and that what the marvel legends figures are all about, i mean Hulk looks rugged and dirty but his pants are squeeky clean

I wouldn't get too worried about that yet. Remember that's just a production sample. And it's based on an existing Toybiz sculpt so I don't know that it's really fair to say it's not what ML is about.

Makes sense to have Emma and Sean in the same wave because of the Gen X connection. Wonder if that's coincidence or if Hasbro will do more pairings like that in the future. Maybe we can expect Crystal or Black Bolt along with Quicksilver in a future wave.

Please tell me thats a custom or something, that face is horrible. That looks terrible and nothing like the comic.

http://comicsnewsi.net/g/?mode=view&album=...ize=800&start=0

http://comicsnewsi.net/g/?mode=view&album=...ize=800&start=0

@puke@

dude i couldnt agree more. this proto or whatever it is is FUGLY!

It's dissapointing compared to what TB has given us. But the fact that it still looks basically like the old ML's is a sign of hope that maybe the rest of the figures in the wave won't suck as much as this one does. I can't wait to see Emma and Banshee!

Okay we are getting some great figures.

Planet Hulk - articulation looks great (sculpting could improve, but these are prototypes)

Emma Frost - replaces my MS version (AXM variant pwetty pwease???)

Ultimate Iron Man - will be added to my IM armory (not big on ultimates, but this is cool)

Movie Beast - will have loose fig up for trade (don't care for movie fig, not saying it sucks)

Banshee - added to the X-Men collection (hope there is a variant with him)

Hercules - YES! I've been anticipating this figure FOREVER! Praying Black Knight & Quicksilver are the next Avengers!

BAF Annihilus - saw this coming with the price of oil

Overall, I'm VERY happy with this... and so many people was scared about Hasbro.

The figure at this point is not what is bothering me but the fact that plastic that they are seem to be using looks very cheap like some of the Joes that they put around the ARAH collection!

Movie Beast is the only one I'm iffy on. I'm very curious to see how it turns out. Movie Daredevil and Movie Punisher both effing SUCKED. Hope Beast breaks the trend.

I think this is an awesome wave for Hasbro to kick things off with!

Makes sense to have Emma and Sean in the same wave because of the Gen X connection. Wonder if that's coincidence or if Hasbro will do more pairings like that in the future. Maybe we can expect Crystal or Black Bolt along with Quicksilver in a future wave.

I'd kill for a Chamber figure.

Click on the image for a better view. Closer inspection reveals that the new Hulk figure shares a body with War Hulk from HC series 2. Looks like Hasbro won't be making many changes at all, if any.

What makes me really happy is that they are staying with the BAF stuff!

Now to see if they keep the same boxes!!!!! I am a MISB collector 50 % at least and I want the boxes to some what stay the same as the ones that Toybiz had they were amazing looking boxes and I want to see the cards!

You know who is not happy right now?

All the winners on Ebay that bid on Annihilus for almost $300 as a custom several months ago, or Hercules at a $100 pricetage just recently.

Sucks to be you!

I hope this is just a prototype...

I want it to look more like this http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g283/Rik...dronncover2.jpg

Overall, I'm VERY happy with this... and so many people was scared about Hasbro.

Right now I am happy, but I am not completely relaxed yet!

Hasbro has destroyed the 3 3/4 Gi Joe line little by little with their Sigma Six! @grumpy@

What makes me really happy is that they are staying with the BAF stuff!

Now to see if they keep the same boxes!!!!! I am a MISB collector 50 % at least and I want the boxes to some what stay the same as the ones that Toybiz had they were amazing looking boxes and I want to see the cards!

I couldn't agree with you more on both things. After a few BAF's, I'd hope they would start on vehicles, but I doubt it.

As far as packaging, I hope they keep it close. Hopefully, it will be no more of a package change than from the old SMC to ML.

I couldn't agree with you more on both things. After a few BAF's, I'd hope they would start on vehicles, but I doubt it.

As far as packaging, I hope they keep it close. Hopefully, it will be no more of a package change than from the old SMC to ML.

The vehicles are a little harder to do with this line because the figures are 6 inches and that would be a big vehicle @loll@ but I can see it done!

Playsets would be amazing as well!

The packaging issue is fine that they change with me as long as the package is amazing to look.

What amuses me about the complaints is that it's all stuff that would've been the same with Toybiz doing the wave. Look at ML5 and ML10 for an example of crappy plastic getting used. I don't think any of the gripes can legitimately be blamed on Hasbro taking over. And how many times can I remind people that this is a production sample. Plus how the hell can you tell if it's softer plastic just from looking at that photo anyway?

Some people just aren't happy unless they're complaining. Why not focus on being grateful Hasbro isn't overhauling the line?

The vehicles are a little harder to do with this line because the figures are 6 inches and that would be a big vehicle @loll@ but I can see it done!

Playsets would be amazing as well!

The packaging issue is fine that they change with me as long as the package is amazing to look.

Yeah, Jesse said that Hasbro wasn't really big on the Quinjet, so I figure we will get BAF's for a while now. Since they chose Annihilus, who says they won't choose other small figures with large wings, etc. that takes up a lot of plastic? Like Jesse said, Angel was a long time ago, before oil prices went up like they have.

Playsets would rock, but I just don't see them making a set in scale with the figures. Maybe for SHS, but not normal ML.

Yeah, I want aesthetically pleasing packaging as well & at least something in clamshell (idk how else they might do it). Hopefully @ SDCC or even in this Toyfare issue, we will get pics. I doubt it changes much...