British Columbia Collecters, I need your help !

Tyranus

Alright, so my girlfriend and I will be heading to BC in September on vacation. Although I won't have a lot of time, I'm hoping to spend maybe one day out of the week heading out to the various comic and toy shops around good'ol BC. (Collectible Card Game type stores are also wanted)

Here's where you guys come in, I've been using the Yellow Pages online to try and find places, but I really don't know what is worth it and what isn't. I don't require directions or anything just the name of the place and the address so I can Mapquest it. If you could give me some details on the place as well that would be great. My girlfriend has lived in Vancouver and Maple Ridge previously so we shouldn't have a problem finding our way around.

We will be staying in Maple Ridge and Vancouver, but places in Mission, Coquitlam and Port Moody are also possible if theres anything of value there. In Vancouver we'll be staying at a Hotel close to Stanley Park so anything way on the other side of the city, unless really worth it probably would be too far.

Any help is greatly appreciated !

Alright, so my girlfriend and I will be heading to BC in September on vacation. Although I won't have a lot of time, I'm hoping to spend maybe one day out of the week heading out to the various comic and toy shops around good'ol BC. (Collectible Card Game type stores are also wanted)

Here's where you guys come in, I've been using the Yellow Pages online to try and find places, but I really don't know what is worth it and what isn't. I don't require directions or anything just the name of the place and the address so I can Mapquest it. If you could give me some details on the place as well that would be great. My girlfriend has lived in Vancouver and Maple Ridge previously so we shouldn't have a problem finding our way around.

We will be staying in Maple Ridge and Vancouver, but places in Mission, Coquitlam and Port Moody are also possible if theres anything of value there. In Vancouver we'll be staying at a Hotel close to Stanley Park so anything way on the other side of the city, unless really worth it probably would be too far.

Any help is greatly appreciated !

Here's the list, once again--in no particular order:

All these places are pretty cool and have something to offer, some may price things higher than others...

****Big Pete's Toys and Comics--2nd and Lonsdale in North Vancouver-2 blks north of the Seabus--easy to get to.

****Ages Three and Up in Metrotown Mall--3rd floor, right beside Zellers Very easy to get to via Skytrain--tell Spencer you know Ken Davis.

***The Comicshop--west 4th ave and Arbutus--they have a good card selection there, iirc.

****Elfsar Comics, located in the downtown core-- Smythe and Mainland ( I think...)--tell Ethan Peacock that Ken Davis said "Hi".

**Golden Age Collectibles--Granville and Nelson in the downtown- maybe a bit overpriced.

**Talking Illustrations- 12th ave ( iirc) located in New Westmnister.

From your locale, the easiest TRU's to get to are located at Broadway ( Bowmac), Metrotown mall, Surrey Place, and if you takle transit to Richmond, at Lansdowne mall.

There's a Walmart located on the North Shore ( Marine Drive) in Capilano mall, and in Loughheed Mall in Coquitlam--accessible via Skytrain. There's other locations as well, but those are the easiest to get to.

-There's John's Collectibles in Steveston--a very southwestern suburbs of Richmond--located on Moncton street, iirc.

-J Hobby also in Richmond--has a very nice selection of Japanese imported toys.

There's also a Japanese store or two in the Crystal Mall located adjacent to Station Square--part of Metrotown Mall (also called Metropolis)

-Tazmanian Comics in Port Moody

-Toy Traders in Langely

-There's a collectible/clock store in the South Surrey area, near White Rock, and probably a few others around as well.

My suugestion is to take the above info, use the Yellow Pages and secure the addresses, then use Google Earth and take a looksee with the overlay functions and the addresses to get a idea of what's nearby your hotel.

I suggest using transit, instead of a car, but if you do drive you can cover more ground and go further afield.

The asteriks above give my ratings on what's good. Big Pete's is very well stocked, Ages Three and Up is small, but quite eclectic.

Johns Collectibles is probably the closest to Pete's in terms of volume.

The Comicshop on 4th ave is a friendly place, moreso than some of the other comics stores.

Elfsar is a place run by a colleague of mine, very nice guy, and his shop is very nice and well stocked.

The TRU ond Broadway is considered the flagship store, but the one located in Coquitlam on the Loughhed hwy is the first location in BC--and is the better store imo. Metrotown's TRU is always picked over, but if you time it right, you can get stuff.

Tazmanian is in Port Moody, kind of on the way in on the Barnett Hwy to Burnaby /Vancouver, so if you are going that route from Maple Ridge you can hit it.

Toy Traders has some amazing GIJOE displays and is in Langley, pretty much south of Maple Ridge.

out of arrows list I have been to these... well not ages but hes a great guy either way & worth checking his store out :D

****Big Pete's Toys and Comics--2nd and Lonsdale in North Vancouver-2 blks north of the Seabus--easy to get to.

****Ages Three and Up in Metrotown Mall--3rd floor, right beside Zellers Very easy to get to via Skytrain--tell Spencer you know Ken Davis.

-Toy Traders in Langely

Ages is cursed, when ever I try to go something allways happens or pops up or some such so I can't :P:D

THe last time I tryed to go the trafic was so bad I couldn't even change lanes to get into the off ramp & just ended up going home haha :S

oh you have to check out toytraders even if you don't find anything its worth it to see his collection/displays :P that is toy traders isn't arrow?..

has all the huge starwars and giant unicron on display and the likes :D I should go there again that was fun... I have seen many a huge and great collection but I was walking aroundi n this store with my mouth hanging open for a good while :P errr... Though you may not wana bring you're girl friend to this one ...

It may scare her away from you or make her think this is the direction you are headed in HAHA :P