To those of you who have seen the trailer

punishment-101

To those who haven't seen the trailer its on the Pirates of the Carribbean 2 movie

I'm not a huge transformers person I just want to know

how the trailer made you guys feel about the movie.

Personally I thought the trailer had some merit

Personally, I thought that it was pretty cool to see it up on the big screen. I mean, there wasn't anything shown that wasn't visible in the internet teaser trailer, but nonetheless, I thought it rocked hard.

It was awesome to see it on the big screen. Right after the trailer you could hear all this murmering in the theater. One kid, had to be like 5 or 6, said, "I want to go see that." Made me feel good that we are contributing to keeping this series alive for other generations of kids.

I thought the trailer was terrible, it showed nothing...if it hadn't have said "Transformers" at the end I wouldn't have had any clue that's what the trailer was about.

It was a "teaser". It was not supposed to show anything.. It's sole purpose is to get peoples interests peaked.

I thought the trailer was terrible, it showed nothing...if it hadn't have said "Transformers" at the end I wouldn't have had any clue that's what the trailer was about.

For real :angry:

It was a "teaser". It was not supposed to show anything.. It's sole purpose is to get peoples interests peaked.

Well it didn't do a good job of that either.

Well it didn't do a good job of that either.

Really? Interesting.

Always great to hear from "fans" who are ready to flush a movie down the toilet just because the Teaser wasn't any good (especially when they don't even understand the purpose of a Teaser).

From Wiki:

A teaser trailer is a short trailer intended to entice the audience about an upcoming movie and to begin hype on major films. Sometimes it is merely a truncated version of a theatrical trailer, but this is most often not the case.

Teaser trailers, unlike the typical theatrical trailer, are usually very short in length (between 30-60 seconds) and usually contain little, if any, actual footage from the film. The purpose of the teaser trailer is not to show a bunch of out-of-context clips in order to give the audience an understanding about the movie's plot or theme, but rather to let them know that the movie is coming up in the near future, and to add to the hype of the upcoming movie event. Teaser trailers are often made while the film is still in production or being edited and as a result they may feature scenes or alternate versions of scenes that are not in the finished film. Teaser trailers today are increasingly focused on internet downloading and the convention circuit.

This Teaser accomplished everything it was supposed to. Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean it failed....

I'll reserve judgement when the project gets towards completion. I think it's silly to attack something so early in production simply due to who's involved with the project.

So far I been hearing more negativity from fans towards this film due to the announcement trailer, selection of cars, and who the director is, than good. But that's only from my perspective.

While the "announcement" trailer may have nothing to do with the film (ie: the Mars scenes), it's still nice to see the potential of a future live-action TF film coming out being shown to the world. Like, hell yeah, it's happening! You wanted it, and here it is! No, this wasn't just another film for the rumour mills, that never gone beyond that. This is for real, and that to me, is what has me excited. Now that it's set in stone.

I'm not bashing, I just see this as possibly being like the Hulk movie a few years ago, lots of hype and then we don't see anything for nearly an hour.

I want to see Optimus in the opening scene of the movie chasing megatron and they crash on earth millions of years ago. Thats what I want, not the humans...........

The Batman I think a hint of humans and a dash of transformers wouldn't hurt anything. Too much of either one can hurt the film imo. I mean the G1 series was at its best when humans were more involved with the story in seasons 1 and 2 (pre 1986 movie) vs. seasons 3 and 4 on Cybertron.

I can understand a little bit of humans, but there are both good and bad reasons for them.

I agree that some of the best episodes of G1 had humans in the episode, but other transformer shows like Beast Wars were totally Transformers and it was great too.

I think it has more to do with the writers of the show/movie.

Beast Machines however.........its like a bad acid trip.

I'll reserve judgement when the project gets towards completion. I think it's silly to attack something so early in production simply due to who's involved with the project.

I agree. The teaser probably doesn't even have anything that'll be in the final movie.

Always great to hear from "fans" who are ready to flush a movie down the toilet just because the Teaser wasn't any good (especially when they don't even understand the purpose of a Teaser).

From Wiki:

A teaser trailer is a short trailer intended to entice the audience about an upcoming movie and to begin hype on major films. Sometimes it is merely a truncated version of a theatrical trailer, but this is most often not the case.

Teaser trailers, unlike the typical theatrical trailer, are usually very short in length (between 30-60 seconds) and usually contain little, if any, actual footage from the film. The purpose of the teaser trailer is not to show a bunch of out-of-context clips in order to give the audience an understanding about the movie's plot or theme, but rather to let them know that the movie is coming up in the near future, and to add to the hype of the upcoming movie event. Teaser trailers are often made while the film is still in production or being edited and as a result they may feature scenes or alternate versions of scenes that are not in the finished film. Teaser trailers today are increasingly focused on internet downloading and the convention circuit.

This Teaser accomplished everything it was supposed to. Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean it failed....

Hold on there one sec jimbo, since I was the only one that said anything negative about it I'm assuming this was directed towards me.

Where, anywhere in my statement, did I flush the entire movie down the toilet ? Oh that's right, NOWHERE. Stop being such a ninny.