Found 2.5 at TRU

shipwreck73

Found 2.5 Sigma 6 at TRU today and bought the Mantis Mech with Destro for 9.99. It is okay, would be better if it was ARAH at this size. What could have been, I suppose. They also had the boat and the dune buggy. By the way, Flint, Michigan for those wondering.

I think your M.A.S.K. comment is more valid than you realize, I noticed after watching season one of sigma 6 that Duke pics the best guys for each mission (ah .....M.A.S.K. did the same thing, Scott with his robo pooch spud, or scott with T-bob, I'm starting to wonder, maybe the design team behind mask is now in charge of g.i joe and they are now running the show......or could just be a random pattern of occurance. ( I know I spelled that wrong).

I haven't seen anything.

But Im not looking for them, either.

I don't think I'll buy anything from the 2.5'' line....

but once you see stuff in person its hard to resist temptation.

I found these at TRU in NC Saturday. I really really like the Manis Destro set. The Mantis has a whole slew of parts to customize your own Joe destroying machine.

As for the rest, I got the three 4 packs. Heavy Duty is by far the best with 10 POA. It seems that there will be neutral posed figures with some of the vehicles and the action ones in the packs.

The 5 POA neutral posed figs are MASKesque and very cool.

How lame...I totally don't understand the 2.5" line. Limited articulation, 3 3/4" joes don't fit...what is the point? I guess the 6" line can have an army of 'mini me's' :)

I totally agree with you...I think this is the weakess things Ive seen for the Joe line...I saw all packs and to me its a big waste of money...I hate these and I hate the Star Wars 2.5" Unleashed crap as well..

The reason why I dont get the 2.5 line is because this time last year hasbro said they were going to move more towards the bigger figures because the were able to show more detail and could be more poseable. But now they turn around and throw us the 2.5 line. It seems they are testing the water before they decide to either can the 3.34 line or commit to it totally.

The reason why I dont get the 2.5 line is because this time last year hasbro said they were going to move more towards the bigger figures because the were able to show more detail and could be more poseable. But now they turn around and throw us the 2.5 line. It seems they are testing the water before they decide to either can the 3.34 line or commit to it totally.

i think your right. all of what hasbor has been doing as of late dosent make sense they say its for the KIDS but i was at TRU and there were 5 kids at the 3 3/4 in section and they just looked at the s6 and walked right to the 3 3/4in figs. so i dont get it.

The 8" line's focus IS on bigger, more posable, and more accessorized character figures.

The 2.5, however, is geared almost totally around vehicles. Even of the first 5 mini-sets, 3 of them are vehicle oriented. The vehicles ARE the point of the line, the figures are nothing more than compliments to that.

It is not that similar to RAH, then, the figures were designed to sell the vehicles. The same thing is happening now.

Sigma Six effectively took the two best aspects of RAH (the characters and the vehicles) and stretched them to two extremes.

At the scale, Hasbro can offer FAR more vehicles more affordably and using less shelf space

well there goes alot of ppl plans

That's their fault for making "plans" to use the 3 3/4" Joes with these things.

We knew for a fact all the way back to Februray at Toy Fair in NYC that there was no way that the 2.5 scale vehicles were going to be compatible with the 3 3/4" standard Joes, as evidenced in General Hawk's TF coverage pictures for Sigma 6 Central.

Me? I'm not a vehicle fanatic, which is 2.5" concentration, and so I'm skipping the 2.5" Sigma 6 line altogether. I looked at them all closely at the Convention to make sure they weren't gonna strike my fancy and they don't. In the big diorama they looked pretty nifty, strewn about all over the rocky terrain and such, but on their own in the display cases they just look piddly.

Yeah the pre-posed are great for presentation but the 8" figures are a lot better for that purpose and they move a whole lot. I think the really little Joes are just unneccessary.

I might actually consider these if they were a little more articulated. I know the driving force behind 2.5 is the vehicles...but I want action figures that are capable of "action."

I might actually consider these if they were a little more articulated. I know the driving force behind 2.5 is the vehicles...but I want action figures that are capable of "action."

Tha'ts what's bothering me on some of the lil guys too.. I got into the Big unleashed line cause I loved the detail, I dind't mind that they didn't move, cause the detail and sculpt was awesoem, they were like cheap statues..

When the little unleashed line came, I thought.. that's dumb.. I'll pass on these, I already get my lilttle figures.. and army build with them, I cant afford to army build with mini-unleashed figures...

When I saw pics of the 2.5 Joes, I saw that some were articulated, and some were just like the mini-unleashed figures, mini statues.. and that's not what I want, so I wont be getting those.. in some of the con pics, there were some pics of some guys that had some real good articulation, but my only problem was it looked like ot was on only one leg.. or on one arm, lol.. and the other arm was set in a pose or something.. that kinda bothered me.

I will however try to get some of the vehicles.. I think a lot of them look kickass and I'll be gettting some of them and hacking away at them with my dremel to see if I can get some of my 3.75 Joes in them, lol.

Saw these today at TRU in Louisville Ky and all I can say is that other than the DTC line G.I.Joe looks to be on it's last leg.Why Hasbro does this crap I'll never know.I've watched them ruin toyline after toyline and other companies are no exception.

I DIDNT WANT TO START A NEW TOPIC

QUESTION??

I know people have said you cant fit the 3 3/4'' stuff on the new 2.5'' line but I was wondering about that new mech that came with Destro.

COuld it or rather does it look like a giant BAT for 3 3/4'' or does it look like a midget sized mech?

Any pictures of that mech with some BATs or any 3 3/4'' would be appreciated.

Also, do the different armaments of the mech fit in the same hole as the interchangeable weapons from DTC (like the missiles from the HISS or missiles from RHINO)?

PLease, I must know, its eating away at me....

THanks

well there goes alot of ppl plans

In the big diorama they looked pretty nifty, strewn about all over the rocky terrain and such, but on their own in the display cases they just look piddly.

Actually that is the same dio they had in Orlando. It looked awesome with 3/3/4 in it.

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=200...ze=800&start=75

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=200...ze=800&start=75

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=200...ze=800&start=30

I DIDNT WANT TO START A NEW TOPIC

QUESTION??

I know people have said you cant fit the 3 3/4'' stuff on the new 2.5'' line but I was wondering about that new mech that came with Destro.

COuld it or rather does it look like a giant BAT for 3 3/4'' or does it look like a midget sized mech?

Any pictures of that mech with some BATs or any 3 3/4'' would be appreciated.

Also, do the different armaments of the mech fit in the same hole as the interchangeable weapons from DTC (like the missiles from the HISS or missiles from RHINO)?

PLease, I must know, its eating away at me....

THanks

I got the mech the other day, it IS a midget mech. It is basically the Pulverizer's cockpit design with a new joint system.

Without the figure, it is very noticable that it is a pilotless mech

In addition, the limbs are built around the same modular ports seen on DTC products, I've personally put one of the HISS tank's missile pods on top of the mech, looks good.

Saw these today at TRU in Louisville Ky and all I can say is that other than the DTC line G.I.Joe looks to be on it's last leg.Why Hasbro does this crap I'll never know.I've watched them ruin toyline after toyline and other companies are no exception.

Not according to retailers and Hasbro (for what THAT is worth)

Fact is: The toy industry has changed. The consumers have changed. And what many fail to realize is that what sells today may not be what they like.

Hasbro does this to make money. If they aren't making enough to warrant a line, they end or change it so that it does. Hasbro is not here to cater to adults and we certainly don't spend enough to change their minds.

Personally, I REALLY think this line will be a big hit (even bigger if they'd follow the old MASK/Starcom formula and maybe release some accessorized, articulated figure packs. Sea Ops Duke has ball knees AND ankles, it CAN BE DONE!), assuming the TRU I got my stuff at got it out Saturday like most sightings seem to suggest, they've sold an entire case in about 2 days.

When I got there, all that was left was a single Duke Quad. There are 6 units in a case and each is $8.99 for the basic stuff. Not a bad sign at all

time to start customzing MASK figures!!! :D

Dude! You are a genious! I love MASK and I still have all them from when I was a kid. I am eating my words now. You are wise beyond your years :)

Sorry to get off topic but here is a great site about M.A.S.K. link

That is a grrrrrreat mask site. Thanks for the link. This new S6 line reminds me so much of mask. I just hope Hasbro makes neutrally posed characters with better articulation to fuel the fire.