Halo 2 Series 8 action figures are out

TriceratonZog

I bought the Halo 2 series 8 action figures today. They didn't have the Grunt though, it seems he has been pushed back or is not going to be made.

I really like the 3 figures I bought. Master Chief with Flood infection form little guy, Jackal, and Elite that has a jet pack. This is my first Master Chief figure in green, I'm glad I finally have one. The Jackal and the Elite are really good figures. My only problem is that my Jackal has stuck wrist joints and really tight ball joint shoulders that are hard to move. I tried the hot water method on one of Jackal's wrists, but it didn't work. I just gave up on trying to get it to move. I thought it might break if I continued messing with it.

My Elite with the jet pack is really cool, although he has 1 stuck wrist. I might post picures of my figures tomorrow. I reccomend these figures, this is also the first Jackal figure released.

Edit: Against my better judgment, I turned the hands on my Jackal, and I was happy to see that they now move. At first it looked like it was going to twist off, but it didn't. I also gave the shoulders a firm upward movment, and now they move easier. I took the 1 stuck hand on my Elite and turned it, and it now moves also.

I have a feeling that if these were made by SOTA that they would have broke off. I really like SOTA Toys, but when you have a stuck joint.... well, sometmes it doesn't go well and ends in a break.

Thanks for the heads-up. I may have to pick up that Master Chief to replace my Halo 2, v1 MC (the one everyone complained about having a deformed helmet). A Grunt would have been nice seeing as how I could never find one in stores. If it's not out like you say, I may just pick up the stealth one and paint it up myself.

I picked up the Master Chief from this assortment last night from my comic shop. He's my first Halo figure and I really like him. My only complaint would be that the ball socket on the hands is VERY loose in the wrist. If I were to shake the figure, the hands would just flop around. Even that doesn't bug me too much. Anyway, yeah the figure is nice, with a surprising amount of articulation. Now I just wish Joyride would make some weapon packs, my Spartan needs a battle rifle and an oddball or flag or something else to fiddle with. A warthog would just make me stupid happy. The infection form is pretty neat too IMO. By neat I mean gross.

Joyride has released at least one weapons pack in the past. They also plan to release a "heavy weapons pack" online.

I agree Master Chief's and the other Halo 2 Spartan's hands are pretty loose. They shouldn't make them have tight hands though. Just alittle less loose would be good. Speaking of Chief's hands, did you guys notice that in the Halo 3 trailer the armor over his hands looks different? The game maker Bungie said they may or may not explain why.

8" scale Warthog would be awesome! They make smaller scale Warthogs, I probably won't buy any small ones though.

As far as I am aware, there has yet to be a weapons pack at all. I know the Die Cast Express exclusive two pack was supposed to include all or most of the weapons from both games though. I didn't get that set since I didn't realy like either version of the figure. I am very curious as to what the heavy weapons pack will include. I'm guessing brute shot, rocket launcher and sniper rifle. I've been wanting a plain blue Spartan anyway and the stationary gun looks cool. I may end up with that too.

What do you think the Special figure is? I think its a Halo 3 Master Chief...how awesome would that be??? Also, I am confused is the Covenant Stationary gun coming with 2 red Spartans?

Halo 3 Chief is exactly the same armor as the Halo 2 Chief. Bungie's already said that he's wearing the same armor from the previous game. Why would that be any different than what I just bought?

I'm confused about the mystery figure but not the red Spartans. I can only imagine that the blue and red come in different secondary colors and insignias each with a stationary gun.

What do you think the Special figure is? I think its a Halo 3 Master Chief...how awesome would that be??? Also, I am confused is the Covenant Stationary gun coming with 2 red Spartans?

I think Joyride usually puts out pics of their Spartan figures like that to show off all the different weapons they come with, and the different colors they come in. So it should be one Spartan, two pistols, and a Covvy stationary gun (and two color versions).

i love halo!! i have a bunch of halo toys, but they cost a lot!! i can only pick-up one here and there, i seen this new wave(minus the grunt) and i want every one of them!! but again since i collect everything, i have to hold back on some of the figures!!

How does this Chief compare to the V.3? Any significant changes/improvements? I assume it's not battle-damaged, but if it is please tell :)

Likewise on the Flood infection form. I think it has a new paint scheme from the last one, but otherwise I believe it is identical. Does it still have that bit that pops off?