vid of the round table

xhairs

Thanks for posting these.

The quality is a little poor, but from what I could tell, the S6 developers don't really even seem to believe what they're telling us about the line. Every answer falls back to:

"Blah, blah...kid testing....blah, blah...money...blah, blah..."

Why don't they just tell the truth? Something like:

"Yes, we understand that Sigma 6 sucks the big one compared to 3 3/4, but we're here to make money, not please you guys."

I'd have more respect for them then.

Thanks for the links!

"Yes, we understand that Sigma 6 sucks the big one compared to 3 3/4, but we're here to make money, not please you guys."

Because maybe that is not the truth :D (in regards to S6 sucking), some of the figures are cool and if it got picked up for another season (the cartoon) as well as more figures are being made, obviously they are making money. As for the comment about comparing S6 to 3/3/4, you just cannot compare both of these scales.

thanks for the links.

I like it how everybody screamed and applauded the 3/34 guy when he was introduced... its obvious nobody gives a crap about Sigma Six..

and then when they showed the clip for Sigma Six season 2, everybody kinda was just like... uh.. okay.. then somebody started a polite applause... but you bet if it was something for the 3 3/4, everybody would have went NUTS!

You can hear Admiral Hunter asking about the original cartoons being released on DVD... and the answer "no comment" @lol@

I appreciate the effort in posting these, but hearing some of those guys mumble into the mic is an exercise in futiltiy.

I missed out on the round table because I passed out due to lack of sleep working on the UnCon stuff, and I was very disappointed to have missed it along with the majority of the second day.

I'd like to see a transcript of the proceeding if anyone knows where I might find one, or at least get some good firsthand information. Any links would be appreciated.

Guest McBragg

Seems like the 3 3/4" guy (Lagor?) was genuinly interested in doing 80's cartoon based figures. I'm not sure what his criteria for finding the "right place" is, I never heard anyone requesting gas masked cobra troopers who only appear on one page in the comic. not bad looking figure, but as limited as offerings may be, it'd be better to hit the right notes as often as possible.

Because maybe that is not the truth :D (in regards to S6 sucking), some of the figures are cool and if it got picked up for another season (the cartoon) as well as more figures are being made, obviously they are making money. As for the comment about comparing S6 to 3/3/4, you just cannot compare both of these scales.

But, you can compare the two scales, and they ARE lying in most of their responses.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sigma 6, but it's not as good as 3 3/4, and I'm sure most collectors would agree...and I have a feeling the S6 designers at the roundtable feel the same way...they just can't say it, and have to give Hasbro-friendly responses because it's their job.

If they could tell the truth, without fearing for theirs jobs, I'm sure you'd hear something completely different coming out of their mouths.

But, you can compare the two scales, and they ARE lying in most of their responses.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sigma 6, but it's not as good as 3 3/4, and I'm sure most collectors would agree...and I have a feeling the S6 designers at the roundtable feel the same way...they just can't say it, and have to give Hasbro-friendly responses because it's their job.

If they could tell the truth, without fearing for theirs jobs, I'm sure you'd hear something completely different coming out of their mouths.

um no... sorry but you're wrong. The head designer is rooted with the 12" figures. Most of the younger designers I talked to knew of Joe growing up but weren't hardcore collectors (or "true Fans" as some might call it). For some it was their first con and they've just gotten the bug to collect toys. These guys may have loyalty to the brand name, but not everyone in the world was as infatuated with 3 3/4" during the 80's as some of us. They are loyal to Sigma Six and they don't have a disillusioned view of the line as most "armchair online designers" seem to.

Dwight Stall is about as close as you can get to a hardcore 3 3/4" GIJoe collector that I know of currently on the design team and his main focus is now the 3 3/4" Anniversary line. He's worked hard to bring collector's most of what we've seen in 3 3/4" figures and vehicles. To which collectors have mostly found something to complain about because it didn't somehow meet their "vision."

The baseless accusations and bitterness about not having one's way and having to lash out at Hasbro, MC, Sigma Six, your Mommy and your Daddy is not only getting really old to have read about day in and day out, but it's downright childish.

If you're going to call someone a liar and then back it up with an opinion totally devoid of any facts you've lost all credibility.

um no... sorry but you're wrong. The head designer is rooted with the 12" figures. Most of the younger designers I talked to knew of Joe growing up but weren't hardcore collectors (or "true Fans" as some might call it). For some it was their first con and they've just gotten the bug to collect toys. These guys may have loyalty to the brand name, but not everyone in the world was as infatuated with 3 3/4" during the 80's as some of us. They are loyal to Sigma Six and they don't have a disillusioned view of the line as most "armchair online designers" seem to.

Dwight Stall is about as close as you can get to a hardcore 3 3/4" GIJoe collector that I know of currently on the design team and his main focus is now the 3 3/4" Anniversary line. He's worked hard to bring collector's most of what we've seen in 3 3/4" figures and vehicles. To which collectors have mostly found something to complain about because it didn't somehow meet their "vision."

The baseless accusations and bitterness about not having one's way and having to lash out at Hasbro, MC, Sigma Six, your Mommy and your Daddy is not only getting really old to have read about day in and day out, but it's downright childish.

If you're going to call someone a liar and then back it up with an opinion totally devoid of any facts you've lost all credibility.

Wow...someone needs to settle down. <_<

I've already stated that I like...let me repeat it...I LIKE Sigma 6, but it isn't as good as 3 3/4 was, and it never will be. I doubt many here would argue that.

My point is, the designers know that, and they know that collectors know that. They're getting blasted with questions about why such and such is being done with Sigma Six, but it can't be done in 3 3/4, and they're giving the response THEY HAVE TO GIVE because it's their JOB.

They are promoting the line because Hasbro has made the decision that this is the direction GI Joe is going right now, and if they say otherwise, and show their own doubts about the line, their job is in jeopardy. Just look at how uncomfortable they feel in giving their responses. I don't believe what they're saying because I can tell that they don't believe what they're saying. It's as simple as that.

Wow...someone needs to settle down. <_<

I've already stated that I like...let me repeat it...I LIKE Sigma 6, but it isn't as good as 3 3/4 was, and it never will be. I doubt many here would argue that.

My point is, the designers know that, and they know that collectors know that. They're getting blasted with questions about why such and such is being done with Sigma Six, but it can't be done in 3 3/4, and they're giving the response THEY HAVE TO GIVE because it's their JOB.

They are promoting the line because Hasbro has made the decision that this is the direction GI Joe is going right now, and if they say otherwise, and show their own doubts about the line, their job is in jeopardy. Just look at how uncomfortable they feel in giving their responses. I don't believe what they're saying because I can tell that they don't believe what they're saying. It's as simple as that.

You keep going back to the 3 ¾” vs Sigma 6 comparisons to validate your opinion, but you have to realize they are two different lines. Other then sharing a brand name and character carry-overs there is zero comparison in the actual toys themselves.

You're also trying to tell me these designers are putting their time and effort into a line they don't believe in because they feel 3 3/4" is the only way to go, and you see proof in that by their uncomfortable appearance at a question and answer session?

Let's disregard that these designers are promoting the second year to a successful 8" toy line while debuting a new 2.5" scaled toy line focused on vehicle and play set play.

Let's also ignore that they are doing this at a convention based on collectors of a 3 3/4" and 12" toy line.

Let's also ignore that these 8" and 2.5" lines have a demographic that consists of children aged 5+ and yet the convention they are presenting at is attended by a majority of adults aged 25+.

Forget that there are no new offerings for 12" collectors and only two 3 3/4" six-packs collectors had yet to see.

Yeah, other then their hearts aren't really in it and the man at Hasbro has silenced their dissention, I can totally see why they would be uncomfortable during a roundtable where during introductions the room stays quiet until the 3 3/4" guy is introduced.

Hasbro isn’t the one telling these reps how to respond… these reps are Hasbro. You’ve got the head of the GI Joe brand name at that table. You had the former head of the line also there on the floor. You’ve got reps that deal with the design, packaging and marketing. However according to your assessment I am led to believe that A: they really hate their jobs, but are in desperate need of a paycheck or B: enjoy wasting their time and energy on a toy line they not only don't believe in but secretly wish to fail so they can fulfill the wishes of a thousand adults online.

Do you know how employees that hate their jobs and / or don’t believe in the work they are doing produce? They don’t. Their effort becomes half-assed and lacking, and they sure as hell don’t put out product as impressive as the new 8” and 2.5” figures and vehicles. They also don’t take the initiative to market their toys with the most unique interactive packaging that can be used along with the toy itself.

And whether any of us like it or not... it is the kids that are the focus and future of the brandname - GI Joe.

You keep going back to the 3 ¾” vs Sigma 6 comparisons to validate your opinion, but you have to realize they are two different lines. Other then sharing a brand name and character carry-overs there is zero comparison in the actual toys themselves.

Well, there's the catch, huh? It's called, GI Joe, it has the same characters, yet there's no comparison? @lol@

You're also trying to tell me these designers are putting their time and effort into a line they don't believe in because they feel 3 3/4" is the only way to go, and you see proof in that by their uncomfortable appearance at a question and answer session?

Don't put words into my mouth.

I'm saying, when questioned about the 3 3/4 vs S6, they don't believe the answers they're giving. I think they're hoping S6 will be profitable for Hasbro...which, by the way, is their job, as I stated before...but when they are questioned about the choices given to S6, and why they couldn't be applied to 3 3/4, or why collectors should choose S6 over 3 3/4, the answers they give are the answers anyone would give who is trying to keep their job, and company, in good face.

Let's disregard that these designers are promoting the second year to a successful 8" toy line while debuting a new 2.5" scaled toy line focused on vehicle and play set play.

Well, since you brought it up, lets not disregard it. Why go to 2.5, and no do S6 in 3 3/4? The answer they gave at the roundtable? Cost of plastic. Well, if that's the case, why go from 3 3/4 to 8"? That doesn't make much sense to me...

Let's also ignore that they are doing this at a convention based on collectors of a 3 3/4" and 12" toy line.

I'm not ignoring this...this is the basis of my point. They're giving the answers they HAVE to give, because it's the direction Hasbro has bet it's money on. Why is this so hard to understand? <_<

Let's also ignore that these 8" and 2.5" lines have a demographic that consists of children aged 5+ and yet the convention they are presenting at is attended by a majority of adults aged 25+.

Let's also ignore the fact that when S6 dies a year or two from now, the only thing Hasbro has to fall back on is the collectors, when it comes to GI Joe. If I'm wrong, then so be it, but with the distribution, and lack of new characters, this line is going the way of the new MOTU line from a few years back...

Forget that there are no new offerings for 12" collectors and only two 3 3/4" six-packs collectors had yet to see.

I don't think anyone on these boards, or anyone who has cared about GI Joe for the last 40 years will forget this...@lol@

Yeah, other then their hearts aren't really in it and the man at Hasbro has silenced their dissention, I can totally see why they would be uncomfortable during a roundtable where during introductions the room stays quiet until the 3 3/4" guy is introduced.

Like I've said before, that's my point. The fans feel that way, they know it, and they feel the same way too. They're there to do their job, and give the answers Hasbro wants them to give to promote the line, whether they believe in it or not...

Hasbro isn’t the one telling these reps how to respond… these reps are Hasbro. You’ve got the head of the GI Joe brand name at that table. You had the former head of the line also there on the floor. You’ve got reps that deal with the design, packaging and marketing. However according to your assessment I am led to believe that A: they really hate their jobs, but are in desperate need of a paycheck or B: enjoy wasting their time and energy on a toy line they not only don't believe in but secretly wish to fail so they can fulfill the wishes of a thousand adults online.

@loll@

Keep believing that. Their job is to sell toys, irregarless of what they may believe. They can't pull the plug at a convention, and say, yeah, S6 doesn't add up to 12" and 3 3/4"...they HAVE to push it.

And, I'm not saying they hate their job, or that they need paychecks, I'm just saying they don't believe the answers they're giving when they're handed questions about S6's future compared to where GI Joe would go if they'd continued with 12" and 3 3/4.

You can see it in their faces...they know it's not going anywhere, just as most of us know that it's a passing fad. That's what's sad about the whole situation.

Do you know how employees that hate their jobs and / or don’t believe in the work they are doing produce? They don’t. Their effort becomes half-assed and lacking, and they sure as hell don’t put out product as impressive as the new 8” and 2.5” figures and vehicles. They also don’t take the initiative to market their toys with the most unique interactive packaging that can be used along with the toy itself.

Sigh...I'm saying they know that S6 won't ever live up to 12" or 3 3/4 inch, but they have to dodge around the questions, because it's their job...

Well, there's the catch, huh? It's called, GI Joe, it has the same characters, yet there's no comparison? @lol@

While by all means then compare the two lines for me... compare how a Sigma Six figure and a ARAH figure fit into a Dragonfly. How does v1 Duke fit on the Night Ranger vs Sigma 6 Duke? How many Sigma Six Bats fit onto the back of a DTC HISS? While your at it can you tell what's better... apples or oranges? Do you think the NY Yankees could ever beat the Colorado Avalanche?

Don't put words into my mouth.

I'm saying, when questioned about the 3 3/4 vs S6, they don't believe the answers they're giving. I think they're hoping S6 will be profitable for Hasbro...which, by the way, is their job, as I stated before...but when they are questioned about the choices given to S6, and why they couldn't be applied to 3 3/4, or why collectors should choose S6 over 3 3/4, the answers they give are the answers anyone would give who is trying to keep their job, and company, in good face.

Lol... You're telling me to not put words into your mouth while you are telling me how the designers think and feel because of your assessment of a Q and A roundtable. Why don't you attempt to throw some real facts back at me instead of retreading your baseless opinions over and over again.

Well, since you brought it up, lets not disregard it. Why go to 2.5, and no do S6 in 3 3/4? The answer they gave at the roundtable? Cost of plastic. Well, if that's the case, why go from 3 3/4 to 8"? That doesn't make much sense to me...

First the question was directed at 2.5 and 3 3/4. You're trying to bring 8" into the question because you think it helps your point, unfortuately, since it was not part of the question it becomes irrelevant. One of the answers was cost of plastic. Another answer is an increase in the size of the figures from 2.5 to 3 3/4 equals about 50% more plastic. It's not as simple as only being and 1 1/4" difference. Another reason given was more realistic scaling of the vehicles. Yes the 3 3/4 line has had hundreds of vehicles and playsets, but they can't be realistically to scale. They still had to be scaled down for cost purposes. That's why the Rattler, Dragonfly, and Skystriker were so out of scale comapred to the figures. The designers wanted the new line to reflect a more true scale.

I'm not ignoring this...this is the basis of my point. They're giving the answers they HAVE to give, because it's the direction Hasbro has bet it's money on. Why is this so hard to understand?

Sorry I wasn't in that meeting where they were were told they had to give those answers. How are you privy to this information?

Let's also ignore the fact that when S6 dies a year or two from now, the only thing Hasbro has to fall back on is the collectors, when it comes to GI Joe. If I'm wrong, then so be it, but with the distribution, and lack of new characters, this line is going the way of the new MOTU line from a few years back...

No actually they'll fall back on the kids. You need to get over the fact that the adult collector base numbers in the mere thousands (if that) while there will always be an endless supply of children to sell to. Lack of new characters? I guess you missed Lt Stone, Zartan, Grand Slam, the recent releases of Destro, a SE with articulated Timber, that Firefly guy, and Shipwreck. Yup really lacking there. Also if you look at the releases of Duke, SE, Firefly, Kamakura... they are more then just MOTU repaints. The core of the figure itself is uniqely different from one to the other.

I don't think anyone on these boards, or anyone who has cared about GI Joe for the last 40 years will forget this...@lol@

1995? 1996? anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Like I've said before, that's my point. The fans feel that way, they know it, and they feel the same way too. They're there to do their job, and give the answers Hasbro wants them to give to promote the line, whether they believe in it or not...

The fans feel that way huh? Do you have any proof to back that up? What about the kids that are fans? You're making a generalization with no factual basis.

@loll@

Keep believing that. Their job is to sell toys, irregarless of what they may believe. They can't pull the plug at a convention, and say, yeah, S6 doesn't add up to 12" and 3 3/4"...they HAVE to push it.

And, I'm not saying they hate their job, or that they need paychecks, I'm just saying they don't believe the answers they're giving when they're handed questions about S6's future compared to where GI Joe would go if they'd continued with 12" and 3 3/4.

You can see it in their faces...they know it's not going anywhere, just as most of us know that it's a passing fad. That's what's sad about the whole situation.

Sigh...I'm saying they know that S6 won't ever live up to 12" or 3 3/4 inch, but they have to dodge around the questions, because it's their job...

That's a nice opinion. There's a lot more of your predictions and generalizations there. About the only factual evidence you present is they are there to sell toys. I'll give you that. You keep trying to compare Sigma Six to the long dead 12" figure and the barely hanging on 3 3/4" figure when there is no comparison. Oh wait you're getting back to me on that aren't you? How does that Sigma Six Grand Slam look in the RHINO again? I must say though you are quite the self-proclaimed mind reader, especially when the only thing you have to go on is a video. And by most of us knowing its a passing fad... well who is most of us? or are you simply making another generalization? By most of us do you mean the few hundred collectors on this board? the few thousand adult GI Joe collectors? Or the kids that pick up the toys? I'll agree though it is a passing fad. Same as the 12" figure was and the 3 3/4" figure was. The only question that none of us can answer is "how long?".

When did Darth Joe become the all knowing all speaking messiah of all things Joe...

You know DJ, in reading your posts, you know what stuck out to me the most.. there were a lot of "I thinks" and "I believes" in there.. and guess what, that's all it is, your view, which quite frankly is way off. I too would like to know how you know all these things, what the HAsbro reps feel and what they're saying, why there saying it and so on and so forth...

One thing, out of all that crap you said, I'd like to bring up...

Don't get me wrong, I like Sigma 6, but it's not as good as 3 3/4, and I'm sure most collectors would agree...

You see that's the problem with a lot of people here.. you're missing the point... the freakin Sigma 6 figures aren't made for you or for collectors, they're marketed and made for kids, and I'm not gonna speak for the kids like you're speaking for the adults and say they like the Sigma six figures more than the 3.75 figs.. we'll leave that to how long the line lasts, how many waves they continue to bring out, how many vehicles come out and over all how well it does.. if it flops and doesn't do well, then I guess the kids aren't buying it.. untill then, we dont know.. we dont know what figures hasbro has, we dont know the research they've done, honestly, we as "collectors" or "fans" only know really what we see in front of us... most of us take it at that.. but then there's guys like you who go and start making crap up and saying what they "think" is true and what they "believe" others know and feel about the figures...

The bottom line, Sigma 6 wasnt' made for you, it was made for the kids, so that's why you like the 3.75 line more and better, it's your baby you grew up with.. like some of the older guys like the 12"

Anyway... I think your arguing is kinda pointless, and you're making a fool out of yourself @FIREDEVEL@

While by all means then compare the two lines for me... compare how a Sigma Six figure and a ARAH figure fit into a Dragonfly. How does v1 Duke fit on the Night Ranger vs Sigma 6 Duke? How many Sigma Six Bats fit onto the back of a DTC HISS? While your at it can you tell what's better... apples or oranges? Do you think the NY Yankees could ever beat the Colorado Avalanche?

I'll tell you how a S6 figure can fit into a Dragonfly: It can't, because S6 isn't quite worthy of touching 3 3/4. Plus, it's less cost effective to produce Dragonfly's, so we'll never see another one thanks to S6. :)

I honestly don't know what a Night Ranger is, but I know V1 Duke would solidly whip S6 Duke's butt. ;) @smilepunch@

You can't fit any S6 BATS into a DTC HISS because kids tested and approved S6, so DTC is no longer comparable.

Oranges suck, apples rock with caramel.

Why would a baseball team play a hockey team? You know as much about sports as you do about Gi Joe. @smilepunch@

Lol... You're telling me to not put words into your mouth while you are telling me how the designers think and feel because of your assessment of a Q and A roundtable. Why don't you attempt to throw some real facts back at me instead of retreading your baseless opinions over and over again.

Okay...here's a fact: S6 will never compare to 3 3/4. You can quote me on this in a couple of years if I'm wrong. I'll still be here.

First the question was directed at 2.5 and 3 3/4. You're trying to bring 8" into the question because you think it helps your point, unfortuately, since it was not part of the question it becomes irrelevant. One of the answers was cost of plastic. Another answer is an increase in the size of the figures from 2.5 to 3 3/4 equals about 50% more plastic. It's not as simple as only being and 1 1/4" difference. Another reason given was more realistic scaling of the vehicles. Yes the 3 3/4 line has had hundreds of vehicles and playsets, but they can't be realistically to scale. They still had to be scaled down for cost purposes. That's why the Rattler, Dragonfly, and Skystriker were so out of scale comapred to the figures. The designers wanted the new line to reflect a more true scale.

I'm glad you can recite what they said at the roundtable. *golfclap*

They're giving economic answers...

Sorry I wasn't in that meeting where they were were told they had to give those answers. How are you privy to this information?

I take it you have no idea what it's like to try to represent a company?

No actually they'll fall back on the kids. You need to get over the fact that the adult collector base numbers in the mere thousands (if that) while there will always be an endless supply of children to sell to. Lack of new characters? I guess you missed Lt Stone, Zartan, Grand Slam, the recent releases of Destro, a SE with articulated Timber, that Firefly guy, and Shipwreck. Yup really lacking there. Also if you look at the releases of Duke, SE, Firefly, Kamakura... they are more then just MOTU repaints. The core of the figure itself is uniqely different from one to the other.

The fact of the matter is, action figures are a lost cause with most children. Things have changed since when we were young. Collectors are the majority of the driving force in lines like Marvel Legends and GI Joe...if not directly, then indirectly through their own kids.

You mention the GREAT DIVERSITY OF FIRURES in S6. Well, I've seen one new figure since before Christmas in my area...that was the Sky BAT. Every other figure has been a variant of already existing characters. How long has this line been on the shelves now? I seem to remember seeing it in a TRU in Minnesota when I was on vacation almost TWO year ago...

Let's see the diversity of characters:

Snake Eyes

Spirit

Duke

Kamakura

Long Range

Heavy Duty

Tunnel Rat

Cobar Commander

Storm Shadown

Ninja BAT

Sky BAT

Firefly

All of this in almost two years? WTF. MOTU released almost their entire line in that time span...even if the distribution was lacking. What's Hasbro's plan? Give it two years to let the peg warmers clear?

Like I said before, I LIKE Sigma 6, but the lack of anything new has made me lose interest quickly.

1995? 1996? anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Okay...someone give me one reason why S6 is better than 3 3/4 or 12"...and then back that up two or three years from now...

That's a nice opinion. There's a lot more of your predictions and generalizations there. About the only factual evidence you present is they are there to sell toys. I'll give you that. You keep trying to compare Sigma Six to the long dead 12" figure and the barely hanging on 3 3/4" figure when there is no comparison.

Then why won't the developers admit that? WHy don't they say that? Because it's THEIR JOB TO STAND UP FOR S6 right now...

Oh wait you're getting back to me on that aren't you? How does that Sigma Six Grand Slam look in the RHINO again? I must say though you are quite the self-proclaimed mind reader, especially when the only thing you have to go on is a video. And by most of us knowing its a passing fad...

Come preaching to me three years from now, and I might give you something. @lol@

well who is most of us? or are you simply making another generalization?

Most of us it the poeple who understand what GI Joe has been about for the last 40 years...and S6 is not that. They aren't military...they are a mere shadow of what GI Joe was.

Do I hate it? No.

Do I buy them? Yes.

Will it last? No.

By most of us do you mean the few hundred collectors on this board? the few thousand adult GI Joe collectors? Or the kids that pick up the toys? I'll agree though it is a passing fad. Same as the 12" figure was and the 3 3/4" figure was. The only question that none of us can answer is "how long?".

I can answer that...less than five years...at most. Not nearly as long as 12" and 3 3/4. If I'm wrong...come back and flame me then...I'll still be here. ;)

When did Darth Joe become the all knowing all speaking messiah of all things Joe...

You know DJ, in reading your posts, you know what stuck out to me the most.. there were a lot of "I thinks" and "I believes" in there.. and guess what, that's all it is, your view, which quite frankly is way off. I too would like to know how you know all these things, what the HAsbro reps feel and what they're saying, why there saying it and so on and so forth...

Just watch the video...You can tell they don't believe a thing that's coming out of their own mouths. @lol@

Don't get me wrong, I like Sigma 6, but it's not as good as 3 3/4, and I'm sure most collectors would agree...

You see that's the problem with a lot of people here.. you're missing the point... the freakin Sigma 6 figures aren't made for you or for collectors, they're marketed and made for kids, and I'm not gonna speak for the kids like you're speaking for the adults and say they like the Sigma six figures more than the 3.75 figs.. we'll leave that to how long the line lasts.

Isnt' that the point I'm making?

Blah...I'm already tired of aruging...and, I don't even know why people are arguing with me.

I say something, and then they use the same thing to argue their own standpoint.

I LIKE SIGMA SIX

read it again:

I LIKE SIGMA SIX

I LIKE SIGMA SIX

I LIKE SIGMA SIX

I LIKE SIGMA SIX

I LIKE SIGMA SIX

I LIKE SIGMA SIX

Got it through your brain now?

The point is, it's not gonna last...we know that, the developers know that, and they have no answers for the questions about 3 3/4 or 12 " vs S6 other than the ones that are going to give give job security. Why the hell is that so hard to understand. Are you guys so blind that you think everyone working on the S6 line is pure of heart and wouldn't lie to you? @lol@

It's marketing...that's all it is. I state it as a fact, and everyone jumps my #$## about how S6 is the strong-arm of GI Joe for the next 20 years. Well, that's fine, if you want to believe it. But, I'll see you hear in 3-5 more years, talking about the next fad that Hasbro has cooked up for GI Joe

Like I said before, I LIKE Sigma 6, but the lack of anything new has made me lose interest quickly.

I have to disagree with you on this one DJ, there is SE w/ Timber, Shipwrek, Destro, Grand Slam, Lt. Stone, if this is not enough new S6, I do not know what you can call new then......

It's marketing...that's all it is. I state it as a fact, and everyone jumps my #$## about how S6 is the strong-arm of GI Joe for the next 20 years. Well, that's fine, if you want to believe it. But, I'll see you hear in 3-5 more years, talking about the next fad that Hasbro has cooked up for GI Joe

WOW, the next 20 years, I definately think that is by far not true, maybe a few years and then we will see, but then again there is always GIJCC that everyone always seems to complain about, but it is all good IMO. I like the fact that they are continuing to have success with their products and I will keep supporting them since they support RAH and collectors. Again, the next 20 years is a far stretch. As far as the next fad, bring it on, at least we are getting Joe and I have to say some of these S6 are pretty freakin cool (besides at least we are not getting 3/3/4 T-Crotch figures #yuk@# ). I have already expressed my options on the figures with the team (that they are too big for me to get them all), and I can only hope that we get some more 3/3/4 stuff (even if it is a few waves and comic/animation packs.

There's quite a few spelling mistakes in my last post, but when I try to edit them, it messes with the quotes, so I'm just leaving it.

BTW- I've noticed that before...if you quote multiple messages in your post, even if you have the html format correct, it gets screwed up...it's really annoying. :(

I have to disagree with you on this one DJ, there is SE w/ Timber, Shipwrek, Destro, Grand Slam, Lt. Stone, if this is not enough new S6, I do not know what you can call new then......

But, how long has it taken them to give us that much?

There's quite a few spelling mistakes in my last post, but when I try to edit them, it messes with the quotes, so I'm just leaving it.

BTW- I've noticed that before...if you quote multiple messages in your post, even if you have the html format correct, it gets screwed up...it's really annoying. :(

But, how long has it taken them to give us that much?

Ahh, but that was not the comment you made however, you said "lack of anything new" I simply responded with what is correct, we are getting new figures :D

I beleive all good things take time......

I'll tell you how a S6 figure can fit into a Dragonfly: It can't, because S6 isn't quite worthy of touching 3 3/4. Plus, it's less cost effective to produce Dragonfly's, so we'll never see another one thanks to S6.

So now you determine what is worthy?

I honestly don't know what a Night Ranger is, but I know V1 Duke would solidly whip S6 Duke's butt.

Night Ranger is the new S6 four-wheeler. (yup something NEW!)

You can't fit any S6 BATS into a DTC HISS because kids tested and approved S6, so DTC is no longer comparable.

So are you saying the kids tested DTC? Because that line was supposed to be driven by the collectors.

Oranges suck, apples rock with caramel.

Once more that's merely a matter of opinion.

Why would a baseball team play a hockey team? You know as much about sports as you do about Gi Joe.

Yeah I know nothing about GI Joe I'll admit I don't know alot about sports, but I love when they shoot the touchdowns through the goalie's net.

Okay...here's a fact: S6 will never compare to 3 3/4. You can quote me on this in a couple of years if I'm wrong. I'll still be here.

You might still be here, but you'll forever be stuck in the past. Let's get one thing out of the way that I think we can all agree on. NO MILITARY TOY (even another 3 3/4" line) will ever compare to the 1980's ARAH as long as the current world climate stays as is. The only other comparable toys to the ARAH line would be the more consistant Transformers and Power Rangers line, and possibly the TMNT line as well.

I'm glad you can recite what they said at the roundtable. *golfclap*

They're giving economic answers...

Why no debate? You've dismissed the points presented because you have no response by which you can back up with any factual information. What other answers beside economic answers would you prefer from them? I don't think they traveled to the con to answer matters of the heart.

I take it you have no idea what it's like to try to represent a company?

I design tradeshow exhibits and run marketing campaigns for multiple companies across the US. I also represented my country from 2001-2005. Feel free to make assumptions about my background anytime.

The fact of the matter is, action figures are a lost cause with most children. Things have changed since when we were young.

If these two sentences held any truth to them toy companies would be out of business. And by the way, when our parents were our age a lot had changed since they were young too.

Collectors are the majority of the driving force in lines like Marvel Legends and GI Joe...if not directly, then indirectly through their own kids.

Like collectors drove DTC? I will give you that collectors brought back GI Joe in 1997-1998. The return of Joe in 2001 with the GvC, Spytroops, and VvV lines were directed at both markets. However the larger market (kids) did not respond as the collector market had hoped they would. You can dream a little dream as much as you'd like but the collector market alone would never be enough to sustain the 3 3/4" line as the base grows older the base also continues to shrink. Face it we had our shot, and we didn't buy what we said we would, but we're still getting another shot with the 25th Anniversary line.

You mention the GREAT DIVERSITY OF FIRURES in S6. Well, I've seen one new figure since before Christmas in my area...that was the Sky BAT. Every other figure has been a variant of already existing characters. How long has this line been on the shelves now? I seem to remember seeing it in a TRU in Minnesota when I was on vacation almost TWO year ago...

S6 made it's major debut at JoeCon last year and didn't hit shelves until the fall so I'm not sure what it was you were seeing in Minnesota two years ago. Maybe Bratz?

Let's see the diversity of characters:

Snake Eyes

Spirit

Duke

Kamakura

Long Range

Heavy Duty

Tunnel Rat

Cobar Commander

Storm Shadown

Ninja BAT

Sky BAT

Firefly

All of this in almost two years? WTF. MOTU released almost their entire line in that time span...even if the distribution was lacking. What's Hasbro's plan? Give it two years to let the peg warmers clear?

Once again, Sigma 6 is now entering it's second year (that is why the cartoon is only on season 2).

Okay...someone give me one reason why S6 is better than 3 3/4 or 12"...and then back that up two or three years from now...

The only one saying one line is better then the other is you. I personally don't collect 12" or Sigma 6, and I've sold 80% of my 3 3/4" collection. I prefer 3 3/4" but I'm not so narrow minded as to believe its the best or would be the most successful choice to use in this day and age. If kids are responding to Sigma 6 in an 8" scale and 2.5" scale then that's awesome for GI Joe. I don't need to collect it, but I am thrilled to see the brand do well in the year 2006.

Then why won't the developers admit that? WHy don't they say that? Because it's THEIR JOB TO STAND UP FOR S6 right now...

If it was a product I designed I'd not only be proud of it, but I'd stand up for it too.

Come preaching to me three years from now, and I might give you something.

Unless it is comic pack kahki Kwinn you can keep whatever it is.

Most of us it the poeple who understand what GI Joe has been about for the last 40 years...and S6 is not that. They aren't military...they are a mere shadow of what GI Joe was.

Then what was AdventureTeam? or are you unsure what GI Joe has been for the last 40 years?

Do I hate it? No.

Me neither

Do I buy them? Yes.

No

Will it last? No.

Nothing lasts forever.

I can answer that...less than five years...at most. Not nearly as long as 12" and 3 3/4. If I'm wrong...come back and flame me then...I'll still be here.

That sounds about right. I'll say four years before we see some type of evolution of the brand. That seems to be the lifespan of a toyline these days.

Hmmm.

Does anyone have a transcript of the video? I know its been asked before, but I'm alittle hard of hearing. I couldn't really understand most of it.

If not, I've got some time to kill until MUME come back up (mume.pvv.org), so I'll start workin' on it. Obviously the Hasbro Roundtable's first. Then what? :)

-Kevin

Edit: Well, there goes taht idea! I was there and can't even understand any of it...