Iam really looking forward to ML14

ransomz

I was just looking over the pictures at Marvel.com and I am really psyched for this wave. The last couple of waves have really come out with some great second tier characters that are filling out the ranks of my favorite teams/story lines and I think ML 14 is going to really add to that.

Baron Zemo - classic villian. Fights Cap and the Avengers.

Power Man. How could they not have come out with him in the wave with Iron Fist?

Falcon. One of my favorites.

Psylocke. Major babe.

FA Iron Man. Cool character. Classic Avengers.

Longshot. Okay, maybe I could have done without this one. But I'll still get him.

I was just looking over the pictures at Marvel.com and I am really psyched for this wave. The last couple of waves have really come out with some great second tier characters that are filling out the ranks of my favorite teams/story lines and I think ML 14 is going to really add to that.

Baron Zemo - classic villian. Fights Cap and the Avengers.

Power Man. How could they not have come out with him in the wave with Iron Fist?

Falcon. One of my favorites.

Psylocke. Major babe.

FA Iron Man. Cool character. Classic Avengers.

Longshot. Okay, maybe I could have done without this one. But I'll still get him.

Can't wait for this wave either. I like this wave the most out of the final 3 waves... (Onslaught, Mojo, MODOK)

I will have to wait see about the 2 unknown variants though. No telling what Jesse has planned besides the Falcon, IM, and Baron Zemo variants we do know of. No modern Cage either :-(

they are doing a gold FA Iron man as a variant

Yeah, I know. It is an unmasked Zemo (scarred), a Gold IM, and a modern Falcon. Since Jesse said there's no modern Luke Cage, I imagine it's just another version of Cage and a variant for Psylocke (costume #5 is my bet, but Revanche would be phenomenal)

Did anyone see Jesse's recipe for a modern Luke Cage? Not a bad idea...

What could a variant Cage be if not the modern look? I guess they had that Red Iron Fist so maybe it's a red bloused Cage. That would be kind of silly though.

What could a variant Cage be if not the modern look? I guess they had that Red Iron Fist so maybe it's a red bloused Cage. That would be kind of silly though.

But Iron Fist actually has a red costume (I think It's his evil self under mind control or something). Maybe A grey suited Luke Cage though.

No, what was it?

I really, really want a modern Cage for my New Avengers line-up I'm gonna start working on.

No, what was it?

I really, really want a modern Cage for my New Avengers line-up I'm gonna start working on.

Straight from Jesse:

"Q: When you said earlier that Psylocke was going to have a variant, is it going to be like ML 15 and 12 where all the figures sans one had a variant? I'm praying for a modern Luke Cage in there. I guess the one you wouldn't do a variant of would be Longshot.

A: Yes, it will be like 12 and 15. But there will not be a modern Luke cage. However, If you want one real bad I would suggest getting the TNA figure of Conan and Monty Brown for all you customizes out there when they come out, as that figure looks just like the modern Luke Cage and it's the same size just need to re arrange the parts and re-paint."

There is the costume from the 90's... but I guess it's all semantics when the word "modern" is thrown around. When I see Cage as "modern," I see a bald head:

http://www.comicon.com/pulse/images_05/PULSE011.jpg

No, what was it?

Straight from Jesse:

"Q: When you said earlier that Psylocke was going to have a variant, is it going to be like ML 15 and 12 where all the figures sans one had a variant? I'm praying for a modern Luke Cage in there. I guess the one you wouldn't do a variant of would be Longshot.

A: Yes, it will be like 12 and 15. But there will not be a modern Luke cage. However, If you want one real bad I would suggest getting the TNA figure of Conan and Monty Brown for all you customizes out there when they come out, as that figure looks just like the modern Luke Cage and it's the same size just need to re arrange the parts and re-paint."

I was just checking them out on toybiz.com, and he's right about using Monty Brown's head, but I dunno about Conan's body...looks kinda fat or something...the legs are strange too. I think Ron "The Truth" Killings body would look better...just swap the Monty head over to that body, sculpy on a stocking cap, hook him up with some sunglasses, paint the shirt gray, and pants black...dammit...now I'm gonna have to spend money on wrestling figs. @lol@

its all great in this wave for me :D

any word on what the other chases will be though?.. Psylock ect?.. I'm wishing for the armor/cape version but pft I dout it, it will probly be a xtreme version or something to go with the rogue :| ah well still good!

& I'm glad they are doing longshot! Another classic xmen & now exiles member down!! :) I've allways liked this guy even though his powers a a lil on the funky side the writers allways seemed to do him well!!

I specialy dig the ironman surpisingly... no complaining from me about yet another ironman :P

I feel like I am forgetting something ... Oh YES!

the begging... :S

Someone PLEASE PLEASE help me get all the chase figures for this wave, & even the goblin chase from 13 hahah what a pain in my ass :( !!!

its all great in this wave for me :D

any word on what the other chases will be though?.. Psylock ect?.. I'm wishing for the armor/cape version but pft I dout it, it will probly be a xtreme version or something to go with the rogue :| ah well still good!

& I'm glad they are doing longshot! Another classic xmen & now exiles member down!! :) I've allways liked this guy even though his powers a a lil on the funky side the writers allways seemed to do him well!!

Aww, yes. You and I are the only ones who are bound and determined to see a Psylocke variant with the armor/cape lavender costume she had, that would rule! But my bet is that it will be an extreme version too.

Longshot looks to be a pretty decent figure, but the character has never been that interesting to me. I'm an X-Men fan though, so I'll gladly add him and Psylocke to the collection, along with Zemo, Falcon and Power Man. FA Iron-Man looks good, but I'm not sure if I want him, he may be the only one I pass up.

i'm kind of on the fence weather i really love or hate this wave, first off theres Mojo whos been on my ML wishlist forever and is looking to be simply the best damn BaF yet. But then theres the wave itself with only 1 character (Baron Zemo) that i would be purchasing if not for Mojo. so it's a bit of a love hate thing i suppose, i'm still pissed they canned the X-Babies as that would've at least made the other figures i need to buy more bareable

they are doing a gold FA Iron man as a variant

Yeah, but unfortunately, the variant gold costume won't be accurate. When Iron Man wore his all-gold costume briefly in the sixties, the helmet was kind of bell-shaped, covered his neck, and went down to his shoulders. The helmet on the original grey version fit around his head like a mask, and didn't cover the neck (although he had separate neck armour).

So the gold variant on ML 14 is really just a re-paint of the grey version, and it never actually existed in the comics.

I know, I know...you can't please everybody, and I'm not complaining. Frankly, I'm thrilled to have the grey version, as Silver Age figs are my favorites. Just thought it might be an interesting point to other accuracy-fiends like myself.

BTW, will this be a larger figure? I hope so, because with the armor, he should be BIG. Not Abomination big, but still BIG. Does anyone know?

#US1#

I'm happy I ordered my case of ML14, I can't wait, plus the site gets their ML's in early. They got ml13 on may 22th.

I was just checking them out on toybiz.com, and he's right about using Monty Brown's head, but I dunno about Conan's body...looks kinda fat or something...the legs are strange too. I think Ron "The Truth" Killings body would look better...just swap the Monty head over to that body, sculpy on a stocking cap, hook him up with some sunglasses, paint the shirt gray, and pants black...dammit...now I'm gonna have to spend money on wrestling figs. @lol@

I bought both those figures today (Monty Brown and Ron Killings). I took the shirt off Killings & idk if Monty's head will be in scale with the upper body of Killings. I might take all of Monty's upper body & combine it with Killings lower body, then paint it up accurately and find a way to make a stocking cap.

I might paint the shirt white...