What will you most regret NOT seeing in DTC?

teddyk

With the news about the possible end (sorry I said "cancellation" before) of the DTC line after wave four, I started thinking about the one or two unproduced DTC items that I really want to see in my collection. The best I could do was narrow it down to a handful:

- New versions of Mercer and Cutter, two of my favorite Joes

- New versions of Serpentor and Buzzer, IMO the most glaring omissions from the new sculpt Cobra ranks

Even though there are plenty of other characters (and vehicles) that I hope to get, I think I could consider my new sculpt collection "complete" if those four figures were released.

How about you guys? What are your biggest DTC wants?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops! Really? Everything I've seen on the boards seemed to indicate that DTC was effectively over - and the 25th anniversary stuff would be a new, separate 3.75" line. Is this more of a hiatus, then? - Or just not a definite ending? I'll edit my original post - thanks!

Oops! Really? Everything I've seen on the boards seemed to indicate that DTC was effectively over - and the 25th anniversary stuff would be a new, separate 3.75" line. Is this more of a hiatus, then? - Or just not a definite ending? I'll edit my original post - thanks!

They have not offically commented that the line is on hiatus either. We just will not see anymore stuff until the new year (2007). Personally I am glad that we are getting what we are getting. This allows me to buy more of the viper pack and even more of the SBvs.Plague Trooper packs :) There is also the GIJCC and thus far the operation MOTH set has been pretty cool. They should be announcing the next set sometime in Aug/Sept. They said it was going to be a Joe set. I wonder who they will choose.

People are in denial. Officially or not, its effectively cancelled in favour of the sigma six crap. All we are getting this year are leftovers.:(

I was hoping for a new sculpt Buzzer, and I will definately miss the comic packs. Venom, Bludd, Quinn. Ah what could have been...

People are in denial. Officially or not, its effectively cancelled in favour of the sigma six crap. All we are getting this year are leftovers.:(

would it be so difficult to simply participate in a discussion objectively and on point. your like or dislike for S6 really isn't relevent to the discussion. can you not be mature enough to leave it out? this would have been more than an appropriate response, and would have had the same meaning:

People are in denial. Officially or not, its effectively cancelled in favour of Sigma Six. All we are getting this year are leftovers.:(

Skrapz and Tazz are not in Denial. We all went to both Hasbro roundtables. Wave 5 should be next year, dtc is not cancelled. They are doing somthing for the 25th. Now after next year who knows, guess we wont have the answer to that until next con. Personallly im guessing well get two dtc waves next year. Besides we are getting those ultra cool Vipers this year, man that was a cool set.

I feel bad for the 12" guys, they arent getting anything. At least we will see a little product.

I regret not seeing more of the wave 7, SW RotS shoulder-type figures instead of the recycled big-plastic-rivet shoulder types that throw off the proportions.

I regret Hasbro not using more of it's vintage molds like the Ferret, and not making the effort to restore lost fan favorites.

Then again, if we treat the DTC wave 3 as a 2006 Release (as it was intended to be), we've actaully had pretty about as much DTC released this year as we did last year.

OK this year we only got one vehicle, but then we're getting an extra 6-pack and Hasbro have been fairly open about the fact last years large Vehciles fizzled. so counting the ROCC and the RHINO as once off's there has actaully been pretty much the same ammount released at all other pricepoints.

If 3.75" was really compeltely dead Hasbro wouldn't be talking about a 25th Aniversary line at all, its quite possible that DTC was only ever intended to help keep interest in 3.75" up to that point.

would it be so difficult to simply participate in a discussion objectively and on point. your like or dislike for S6 really isn't relevent to the discussion. can you not be mature enough to leave it out? this would have been more than an appropriate response, and would have had the same meaning:

People are in denial. Officially or not, its effectively cancelled in favour of Sigma Six. All we are getting this year are leftovers.:(

Yes. For now on everyone needs to remember to submit their posts to gscbr for final approval.

I regret Hasbro not using more of it's vintage molds like the Ferret, and not making the effort to restore lost fan favorites.

You could of joined the club :D

All joking aside though, I just do not think that HASBRo wanted or thought about bringing the ferets back out, but GIJCC did :)

Buzzer is really all I know of that Hasbro had planned/molded. So that would be my only one. Maybe we will see him next year if they do come through with a wave 5 or 6, but I have my doubts.

Draven

If next year was not the 25th Anniversary, we would more then likely have seen wave 5 or had been hinted towards what wave 5 would have been. More comic packs (and possibly even cartoon packs) would have also have come out.

Instead we're getting 25th annivesary sets. The most articulated 3 3/4" figures yet as Dwight Stall put it.

Would you rather see the designers putting their effort into making the 25th line great? Or would you rather see the line given partial attention and coming out in a fashion where people would have the opportunity to complain?

I have no problem with the DTC offerings being put on hold while the 2007 line marks the debut of a new supersculpt anniversary set.

Guest DavAnthony

I'm disapointed because I felt Hasbro was beginning to finally get things togeather, especially with the first DTC wave. It seemed more effort and thought was going into these LBC's and new sculpts then what we'd gotten for the last couple of years.

Characters designs made sense and I was pretty happy, then I became concerned as more and more DTC waves seemed to be using less new parts and more recyled stuff. Even though whoever they had working on DTC deserves some serious praise. Saw Viper looked like a Saw Viper, Airtight looks like Airtight, the new Barrel Roll sculpt was what most of us were looking for.

It's just a shame the plug was pulled just as Hasbro finally seemed to be getting onboard and figuring it out.

Si I guess we won`t see that new Cobra Commander mold huh?

Actually, not sure if anyone other than me witnesses this, but DDP was there with one (complete), and he walked up to Dwight and said "Why are you not using this? You have the tool." And Dwight said he would love to use it, and that it might be used as an exclusive, mail-away, or actually released sometime. I then proceeded to ask about the VvV Firefly, and they said that could also make it's way out as an exclusive, or mail-away.

-Kevin

It is WAY to early to talk about cancellation, things will trickle out here and there, but alot if it is contigent upon the sucess or failure of the Sigma Six line

I would miss the COMIC PACKS

Those are so cool at times.

I would also miss the ARAH 6 packs,... but we're getting one this year. :D

First of all, EVERYONE has some favorite character they want to see in new sculpt (or done CORRECTLY in new sculpt). Hearing that so-and-so wants to see X character gets boring (no offense).

Well, we now know what the rest of 2006 is going to look like. I can't imagine that Hasbro doesn't have SOMETHING planned for 2007.

I just hope it means, at the very least, some NEW molds. Maybe even, dare I say it, a vehicle or two....

It is WAY to early to talk about cancellation, things will trickle out here and there, but alot if it is contigent upon the sucess or failure of the Sigma Six line

Now that is true, and thus far it has been successful according to HASBRO.

I had several long talks with some of the guys at the Hasbro booth. I was told that the DTC line had a huge amount of overstock sitting in warehouses after we, the fans, bought our fill. That is when TRU was approached about carrying the line. TRU has been happy so far with the results of the sales from DTC, but it is a waiting game to see if enough sells to warrant any future waves. They honestly have no answer from the suits within Hasbro about whether they will be able to continue the line beyond wave 4. The heads of the company would be crazy to okay future waves that would just sit as inventory.

Hasbro is a huge public company. The bottom line is that the company owes allegiance to the shareholders to do things that keep the company solvent. As an investor within the stock market, that is what I expect the companies of which I own stock to do.

Every one of the Hasbro guys I talked to was straight forward about one thing. The DTC line would have failed if it had remained solely Direct to Consumer instead of branching out to TRU. These guys were also fans of the 3 3/4 line. They all said they grew up with that line and wanted to see it continue. As long as DTC does well at TRU and possibly other outlets, then we WILL see more. Speculation either positive or negative at this point is just that, speculation.

However, the success of the brand as a whole is largely based on Six Sigma at this point. Like it or not, Six Sigma has been a huge success for them this year, brandwise.

I'm holding on hope that one day soon I will get a new sculpt Rock'n'Roll . I don't want hasbro to put his head on a Major barrage body either, just a new original sculpt. Also a comic pack version of Falcon.Do they even have his original sculpt? After that I would't complain what happens.